No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is the newly coined "FAB" gonna be the accepted term for the TickWraith thingy?

And, is there a place where all of the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms or Three Letter Abbreviations), and such terminology can be found?

Thanks!

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

From the Alien Entry the 3rd:
      We are going to the herds, where I will count and manage the culling, and where we will feed.

Though I am thus focused on the journey ahead, I also wonder if the pack of humans will return to the planet where we so lately slept. Surely their blind animal arrogance will bring them nosing after us again. They will be cowed, however, by what we have left behind us. Our warriors await them, and other, more ancient threats prowl the forests there as well.
      I don't think the ancient threats are Wraith "pets", but still, ya gotta think that Sheppard's gonna have some ill effects from having a big pain in the neck. Maybe at the least he'll contract Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or something?

Did they act like he was poisoned or disabled in any way because of the bite?

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Nope. But symptoms don't always manifest immediately...

Comment

[QUOTE]
          Originally posted by Z_2
          From the Alien Entry the 3rd:
          Uh, sorry, where did you get this? Rising? I don't remember an Alien entry the first, let alone the third.

I don't think the ancient threats are Wraith "pets",
          No, me neither, but an observant hunter often uses the instincts and actions of other animals to help find prey. The Wraith wouldn't train the things, just observe them. They could use a creature like FAB to track herds, like we Earth farmers use birds to find our lost cattle. (Birds tend to follow cattle around because of the way cattle disturb the ground when eating grass; makes it easy for birds to get grubs and worms and stuff.)

Did they act like he was poisoned or disabled in any way because of the bite?
          His extremities were slowly going paralysed, and someone either on board the PJ or Beckett back at the base surmised that the creature had injected Sheppard with a neurotoxin, right?

(I've only seen the ep once, on squin-Ty V. Details are getting fuzzy. Must go rewatch, now. )
          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Right now, for no reason and right out of the blue, I will announce to the forum that I'm thinking the wraith bug may not be what the characters assumed. What if it is an actual wraith? I mean, like a larva or something that will go through some kind of metamorphosis and become a wraith baby or something...

In any case, I get the feeling it has a different connection to the wraith than simply being an earlier point in their evolution...
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I wondered about that. But going from little bug to giant humanoid is too big a leap in logic for me to accept.

I also considered the idea that those facemasks the warrior drones wear might actually be more like a facehugger which seizes control of its victim, turning whoever it is into an obedient little servant of the wraith.

Not sure that idea works, either. Just off the cuff sorta thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Uh, sorry, where did you get this? Rising? I don't remember an Alien entry the first, let alone the third.

His extremities were slowly going paralysed, and someone either on board the PJ or Beckett back at the base surmised that the creature had injected Sheppard with a neurotoxin, right?

(I've only seen the ep once, on squin-Ty V. Details are getting fuzzy. Must go rewatch, now. )
                Scifi.com used to have an alien section with a drop-down menu to see all of the entries some Wraith or Keeper has made, but now it just defaults to the third entry Maybe they're adding more content?

And I remember now that Sheppard was paralyzed as the TickWraith was attached, but I can't remember what his condition was like back in Atlantis, if he was suffering any lasting effects or not. I'll have to watch it again, too.

I think if prey is numbed but still alive, it's a way for the parasite to feast/lay eggs/rewire some circuitry/mess with host in sorta a surgical way without putting the victim in shock or something. And right now, my neck is tweaking out...

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I wondered about that. But going from little bug to giant humanoid is too big a leap in logic for me to accept.
                  Oh yeah...and Transformers made sense?

I applaud the imagination. Me, I just think they're FABs. No reason why alien planets wouldn't have alien bugs. As for the whole "sucking the life" argument that makes Teyla believe they are somehow related to the Wraith...well, I want to think that's just an example of her somewhat primitive thinking. (I'm probably wrong. I'm sure TPTB are setting me up for a zinger.)
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    In any case, I'm sure they have some relationship to the wraith. I don't buy that the wraith guy just left Sheppard alone because he figured he'd die anyway... Either he wanted the bug to keep feeding on him, or he knew the bug would do something else to him...

Besides, why else even include that particular flashback sequence? It didn't really have any relevance for the rest of the story...
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It was a bit of filler. It explained how Shep went from being chased by the wraith to getting snared by the bug to getting back on the ship with no problems. Although you're right, it could easily have been Teammates to the Rescue! Fending off the attacking wraith and pulling Shep to safety. If they're "just bugs" and it's a one-off sorta thing, I shall be very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                        what if sheppard actually drunk that alcochol, that would spoil his blood...and could make that bug drunk or make his blood distaseful to the bug...and there is the end....i think there were more ways to save sheppard but stoping his heart....
                        Nice thought, but the term "alcohol" is a loose reference to the -O-H functional group in chemisty. "Ethyl alcohol" or ehanol is the stuff people drink. If someone drinks "the wrong kind of alcohol", they will have an adverse reaction, like going blind or dying.

Just a scientific clarification for a science fiction show.
                        Why not get some mythical creatures to kick some mythical gods' behinds

Comment

Sorry if I'm opening up dead topics but I'm new and I've got a few ideas...

McKay's my favorite character to watch, but Weir is the character I most want to be like.

You know what they say about the difference in popular perception between strong men and equally strong women...

Comment

Some more thoughts...

I agree with Ice Angel on the whole what-was-Sheppard-gonna-say-to-Weir-when-he-thought-he-was-going-to-die-thing.

It's just that in all the movies and T.V. shows I've seen, when a member of one gender says "I have to tell you something" to a member of the opposite gender when they're facing death, it has meant "I love you", including Sam and Jack in SG-1.

Comment

i was talking about what-was-Sheppard-gonna-say-to-Weir-when-he-thought-he-was-going-to-die-thing like two/3 pages before...becuase of that i'm starting John/Elizabeth shippper!!! who's with me?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Meg_Ann
                                So, most obvious one I could find is that the front of the 'jumper didn't rematerialize, which, honestly, it should have. There are a few examples in SG-1 where people have gone only partway through the gate, and have rematerialized on the other side.

Example? Shades of Grey. When Col. O'Neill finally caught the bad guys and whatever, he 'held the gate open' from the far side. This implied him going through the gate and keeping his hand INSIDE the gate, which prevented it from closing. His body (as we were shown), did in fact rematerialize on the other side. He was there for quite a while, too.
                                In SoG, you see O'Neill run through the gate in his entirety. He then presumably materializes in his entirety, then sticks his hand back into the gate, after having it come out. The gate has a 'no hand cut off' safety mechanism which prevents the gate from hacking off his hand by shutting down (barring 38 minutes). Why they didn't just start sending a radio signal back through the gate is beyond me.

Now, please do point out a real case of an object being on both sides of the stargate at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X