• Show
Clear All

this ep is good, loved how we got to see the city for the first time

Comment

it looked fantastic the city of Atlantis underwater
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
        I loved McKay's ordeal with the personal shield.

Though, when ever I think about it, I can't help but to wonder... What if McKay had to take care of some bodily functions?

That would be funny, a little private swimming pool...
        Last edited by nmmb; 13 July 2009, 05:40 PM.
        My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

lol true i would have hated to be him if that problem had arisen
          sigpic

Comment

rewatched this today. I lol-ed when Sheppard tossed McKay off the balcony, I loved the boyish excitement they shared. I thought it very McKay-ish when the device fell off, and his reaction, and yet he redeemed himself at the end.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

lol i like the excitement as well and i love rodney redeemed himself in the end
              sigpic

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes of this season. For one thing, it is a little bit creepy/scary [at least the first time I watched it] and then of course there is the whole Rodney getting thrown off a balcony and getting shot in the leg
                sigpic

Comment

I watched Hide and Seek for the first time in a long time. It was an incredibly strange experience to see all the characters back at the beginning of the story. Especially strange was how McKay wasn't nearly as...unlikeable as he was in later seasons. I now wonder about some of the choices TPTB made in later seasons. What if the Athosians stayed in Atlantis? What if Weir stayed on? What if the ensemble was more balanced, with Beckett, Ronon, and Teyla being utilized more in seasons 4 and 5?

So many interesting possibilities--and all because of seeing what the show and characters were, and knowing what they would be later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just finished this episode. Still a great episode. Not my favorite of the season for sure, but it had some fantastic character moments. The scene with John, Rodney, Ford and Teyla watching football is priceless! Same with Weir's "And you didn't invite me?"

Great line. Great scene.

Also, all of Rodneys human shield scenes were some of the best Rodney moments we ever got!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Atlantis rising to the surface was really cool. Rodney with the shield was great! A far cry from that horrid little man in SG-1.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Especially strange was how McKay wasn't nearly as...unlikeable as he was in later seasons.
                        Oh I totally agree! He was okay in the beginning and later he got worse instead of better
                        sigpic

Comment

I am wondering.. Since we later on, saw Kolya and lucius with one, how many of those shields were there?

Comment

I just saw this ep (for the first time .. dundundun...) and I really liked it. The first 2 eps I was not yet that into SGA but I really enjoyed this ep Im surprised at myself for liking Rodney as a character... cant believe how fast I forgave him for being an *ss on SG1 LOL.
                            YAY! *continues watching*
                            sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

Imagine if they found a way to get the shadow creature to the city of Celestis. Would have had a great feast on the Ori. When the Ori were still alive of course.

Not a bad ep overall. Some dull moments and some funny moments. I laughed when Shep pushed McKay off the balcony. And when the shield fell off McKay when Weir mentioned it would protect him against the creature.

Pretty weird to have this sort of ep so early really. You would expect them to spend more time on them getting settled in the city.
                              sigpic

Comment

In the fine tradition of second episodes after an expensive pilot we get a very boring, low-budget, bottle episode.

Jinto, the dumbest kid alive. I'm so glad they dumped the Athosians.

The personal shield stuff was funny, but not enough to carry this episode for me.

I noticed a thread comparing this episode to SG1 S8 Lockdown. I can see the similarities. I have to say I'm not a particular fan of that episode either.

That containment vessel for the energy creature looks like the same prop from Sight Unseen that made the extra-demensional bugs visible.

Comment

Working...
                                X