Rising, Part 1 (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    I'm glad you saw it the way it was supposed to be shown.
    Yeah, but it still ended far too early. Never have I hated the words "to be continued" quite so much! I want to see what happens next!

Loved the first episode. They crammed a load of stuff in there. In fact, I'm going to watch it all over again just to check I didn't miss anything...

I already knew I'd love McKay. But I didn't know how much I'd love Dr Beckett and Major Sheppard - they were both great. Especially loved the McKay/Beckett dynamic. Still, McKay is definitely my favourite character. How can anyone not love him?

Oh, and Torri Higginson was great too. I really like this new Dr Weir. And I wouldn't mind her job - being in charge of all those guys!

Can't wait for part two!
    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

think im gonna go watch it again in fact.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I liked the first episode of Atlantis but really got the feeling that the two parter was designed to be shown as a movie length episode. Still very enjoyable and I’m looking forward to seeing episode two

Dodger
        “You're a perfect devil, Dodger!” she was saying. “That's what you are! You are the devil himself!”
        “Yes, I know,” I said, loving to look at her, to see the anger pumping her so full of life. “And I love to hear you say it, Charlotte. I need to hear you say it. I don't think anyone will ever say it quite like you do. Come on, say it again. I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!”

Comment

yeh it was annoyin especially as they where just about to introduce the wriath!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Loved it. As usual I have a couple of nitpicky things, but not bad enough to mention.

Except for one.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what it is?

Think helicopter. Think snow. Think miles and miles from anywhere. Think freezing cold. Really really cold. As cold as you can possibly imagine - then try to imagine something colder. Now think of a well trained military guy. In all that snow and cold.

And then please tell me why he jumps out of a helicopter... in the cold cold snow miles from anywhere...

WITHOUT WEARING A FLAMIN' HAT!!!

Sorry. But I feel a lot better now.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I've been expecting that reaction,MC.....I noticed it too !!!

Ahem.....on topic : I loved the opener !

I can't really fault much either,as yet,I'm afraid .
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

Why did I know that was coming? Truth was I sort of wondered why no one at the entire antartic outpost had hats on, but had to wear really warm clothing otherwise.

Comment

Think helicopter. Think snow. Think miles and miles from anywhere. Think freezing cold. Really really cold. As cold as you can possibly imagine - then try to imagine something colder. Now think of a well trained military guy. In all that snow and cold.

And then please tell me why he jumps out of a helicopter... in the cold cold snow miles from anywhere...

I think his cap was in his back pocket, however since he was jumping out of the helicopter in a bit of a hurry, he didn't have time to reach back and put it on.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Well, it really really really really bugs me.

Frozen wasn't so bad. I won't mention The Hatless Ep That Must Not Be Named (I think you all know which one it is) but this really sent me almost into orbit.

Mr.MC - sensing that Jack was about to bail out - tried to help the Colonel out by shouting at him to get a hat on before I popped an artery, but ...

I often wonder if anyone on the writing/production team (given where it's filmed I can't believe this) has actually been outside when it's colder than freezing point.

Mind you, at least worrying about the hat thing stopped me getting really really wound up about the Scottish patch and Beckett's Scottish accent.

But having ranted about all that: I feel that I'm really going to like Atlantis. So that's good.

sigpic

Comment

Well, it really really really really bugs me.

Frozen wasn't so bad. I won't mention The Hatless Ep That Must Not Be Named (I think you all know which one it is) but this really sent me almost into orbit.
                      Some of us are mainly Atlantis fans so, no, I don't know which episode you are referencing.

I haven't been to Antarctica, but I have been to Alaska and I've stood on a glacier. A very large glacier. I didn't have a hat on (I did have it with me) and I wasn't cold. The reflected sun was actually warm. Of course, I wasn't in the interior of Antarctica, where you would be surrounded by more cold than I was. I'm not up on my SG1 lore but I guess the base must be deep in the interior, right? Not at the coastal regions or the peninsula. I see that the interior can get as warm as -30°C (-22°F) during the summer.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

The ep MC is referencing is "Solitudes" (SG-1 Series 1).
                        More later about all that to explain. (RL School run beckons.... )

Edit : Never mind...it's being discussed enough in various threads already.
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 October 2004, 03:55 AM.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

...he jumps out of a helicopter... in the cold cold snow miles from anywhere...

I have it on good authority* that he did it just to annoy you

(* - as ever, this means 'I just made it up')

Madeleine

Comment

Think Helicopter. Think drone. Think of the most dangerous thing you can iamgine, then remind yourself the drone is more dangerous. Think your only seconds away from being blone into itty bitty pieces think of a man who is survivor, tell me which is it more sensible to do?

Stay in the helocipter which is about to be BLOWN UP and muck around looking for a HAT or RUN AWAY BEFORE YOU GET BLOWN UP?
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Stay in the helocipter which is about to be BLOWN UP and muck around looking for a HAT or RUN AWAY BEFORE YOU GET BLOWN UP?
                              It's not like they get all that far from the helicopter anyway. After all, O'Neill actually almost catches the drone in his hand. If it had hit they would have died, even if they were a few feet from the chopper.

MC's point, I think, is that they should have had hats on to start with. Next time you see a science program with people at antartica, you'll notice they have a tendency to wear a LOT more clothing of all kinds than either O'Neill or Sheppard was wearing.

Comment

Yes, that's a large part of my point. I have just watched that scene again (oh, the hardship) and Jack is actually wearing a knitted jobby when in the helicopter, and rips it off before jumping out (presumably as he rips off the headset.

Which doesn't quite redeem him in my book, but.... People flying around down there should be ready for anything, which includes bailing out with enough equipment to stay live for more than 6 minutes or so.

*breathes into paper bag*

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't do it every freakin' time

*paper bag bursts*

I'm going for a lie down!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X