Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobin Dax View Post
    Rising is the best episode ever.
    I have the soundtrack for Stargate Atlantis, and 'Rising' is the best track on it. Joel Goldsmith is a genius with music.

This was such a great way to introduce the series, it had special significance for SG-1 fans and it's perfectally understandable for complete newcomers to the show.
    Rising is undoubtedly the best episode of the series!
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Just rewatched this myself. Excellent episode, just excellent.

I like how Hewlett is still finding his feet with McKay in it. Yes McKay is condescending, rude and blunt, but he's also very helpful and serious throughout.
      CARTER: "I’m dressing up like Robin Hood, but part of my costume is missing, what have you got for me?"

HAMMOND: "You have a bow!"

Comment

I am re-watching SGA now and love rising - great Wraith storyline - epic stuff and love the Wraiths - nothing is as terrifying as this throughout SG I think.
        sigpic

Jack: 'Mature symbiote, Immature host'
        Teal'c: 'Indeed'
        Artifysial: 'Thanks a million'

Comment

In this episode I liked very much when General Jack O'neall was in a helicopter piloted by Sheppard,they taked about sometink and then a drone ataks them.

Comment

I was so excited watching the pilot despite being on catch-up mode on SG-1. Anyway, the control chair gave me goosebumps and I had to pick up my jaw from the floor when the major so easily visualized the solar system while he operated it. I won't forget Rodney's expression. lolz. The drone VFX was very kewl.

The Wraiths were scary and I nearly balked when the female caretaker said, "all living things must eat." I had hope for more veiled terror coming from this group though just to complete their insidiousness.

The Athosian guy who was dessicated into husk, was he indeed a 'spy'? Or he was just unlucky to be singled out by the Wraith as well? It seemed that Sumner and the rest of the soldiers had a feeling, there was a spy in their midst.

Sheppard firing the kill shot was intense however brief because he was stunned afterward by another Wraith. Good thing, Ford backed Sheppard.

I liked the various snaps shots into the families/ significant others of each expedition team members. It was a coming together of various individuals from different fields of expertise and the impact a very long, top secret journey it would bring to these people.

I hope we'll see more of Jinto.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion25 View Post
              I was so excited watching the pilot despite being on catch-up mode on SG-1. Anyway, the control chair gave me goosebumps and I had to pick up my jaw from the floor when the major so easily visualized the solar system while he operated it. I won't forget Rodney's expression. lolz. The drone VFX was very kewl.

The Wraiths were scary and I nearly balked when the female caretaker said, "all living things must eat." I had hope for more veiled terror coming from this group though just to complete their insidiousness.

The Athosian guy who was dessicated into husk, was he indeed a 'spy'? Or he was just unlucky to be singled out by the Wraith as well? It seemed that Sumner and the rest of the soldiers had a feeling, there was a spy in their midst.

Sheppard firing the kill shot was intense however brief because he was stunned afterward by another Wraith. Good thing, Ford backed Sheppard.

I liked the various snaps shots into the families/ significant others of each expedition team members. It was a coming together of various individuals from different fields of expertise and the impact a very long, top secret journey it would bring to these people.

I hope we'll see more of Jinto.

Ahh, such promise...........
              sigpic

Comment

From time to time i re-watch SG-1 and Atlantis from the Beginning and I'm doing that with Atlantis Now. Upon watching Rising Part 1, the part where Carson Sat in the chair and the Drone almost Killed Sheppard and O'Neill (Which of course would not ever happen) why didn't he just get out of the chair? If its controlled thru thought while sitting down, wouldn't getting up turn the chair off?
                sigpic
                Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Yay! i'm re-watching Atlantis too.
                  Excellent point, I for one never thought of that. Maybe because there was a direct connection with your brain and the chair it is damaging to the neural parts of your brain if you got out of it while it was performing a task, or in use.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                  MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                    Upon watching Rising Part 1, the part where Carson Sat in the chair and the Drone almost Killed Sheppard and O'Neill (Which of course would not ever happen) why didn't he just get out of the chair? If its controlled thru thought while sitting down, wouldn't getting up turn the chair off?
                    Perhaps the simplest explanation is that maybe he could have gotten out of the chair, but that alone wouldn't have deactivated the drone. He needed to stay in the chair and concentrate in order to deactivate it.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

i like this episode i like that the drone tried to knock down the helicopter with jack and Shepperd in it. i also liked that Carson in this episode u get to see him come out of his shell more as the series goes on.
                      sigpic

Comment

i bealive the reason was that without anyone controlling the drone while activated it selects a random target and attacks and at the time the helicopter was the closest.
                        sigpic

Comment

true that could be what happened because he deferentially had no control of the drone
                          sigpic

Comment

plus it wouldn't of been as ~*thrilling*~

Comment

thats true is deferentially got my attention and made me want to watch
                              sigpic

Comment

I remember when i saw this episode i was like totally blown away by how they did it. It Made me like Atlantis More than SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X