Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have to agree that Ronon's actions did seem out of character. It would have made a bit more sense if Ronon, not Teyla "took out John". I understand that Teyla has known Shep longer, however, Ronon did get to see Shep under adverse conditions before, as in Conversion, and he did spend MANY years evading the Wraith, which would have made him cunning and cautious and NOT the most trusting of men. Just my opinion.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by purpletoo1
      I think that's right! I thought it was totally out of charcter, but remember he wasn't there when the transfer happened so that might have thrown him off.

True and the way Sheppard was talking to him...Dex seemed to doubt him at first, then you could see him relax. Those 2 have gotten really close so fast and I bet you its the last time Dex will second guess himself.
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
        I loved in TLG how Ronon said
        Spoiler:
        "I have no idea how she thinks"
        . I loved that bit for some reason!!

LOL!! Yes that was classic!!!
        Purple's Biggest Fan
        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
          True and the way Sheppard was talking to him...Dex seemed to doubt him at first, then you could see him relax. Those 2 have gotten really close so fast and I bet you its the last time Dex will second guess himself.
          You make a good point....Dex and Shep are developing a strong friendship, and being the "new guy", probably made Dex "want" to believe it was Shep and not the alien entity talking. And yes, I think in the future, Dex will be a tad less trusting of anyone that has been "compromised" by alien technology.
          On fighting:

Comment

Quick question....how many of you think Ronon, and NOT Teyla should have been the one to "bring Shep down"?
            On fighting:

Comment

I really don't care who "Brought him down" as long as one isn't dumbed down for the other to be successful. Unfortunately that's exactly what they did in TLG.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                I really don't care who "Brought him down" as long as one isn't dumbed down for the other to be successful. Unfortunately that's exactly what they did in TLG.
                Have to agree with you...I think both Ronon's and Teyla's actions were not their "norm", and dumbing down a character, simply to advance a plot takes away from the episode and the character. I hope we don't see more of it in the fututre. Ronon has too much sense and just plain survival instinct to be "fooled" by some words spoken by Shep.....Dex knew about the entity.
                On fighting:

Comment

Need to Watch Coupe again....I must have missed some moments running back and fourth a couple times...I got somewhat lost!! But what I did see I liked....but need to relook at it.
                  Purple's Biggest Fan
                  A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Any comments on last Friday evening's episode of SGA and Ronon's part in it? All comments welcome, as long as they are respectful, ok?
                    On fighting:

Comment

I got a total kick out of Ronon's
                      Spoiler:
                      disappointment over not having a wanted pic.
                      in coup.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                        I got a total kick out of Ronon's
                        Spoiler:
                        disappointment over not having a wanted pic.
                        in coup.
                        Yeah that was really funny. I laughed when he said
                        Spoiler:
                        "I'd like to know who thinks I'm not a threat and give him a chance to change his mind!"
                        that was BASICLY what he said, not exactly, but it really cracked me up!

Ronon Dex Devil
                        Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Yeah that was pretty much it what he said after Weir said
                          Spoiler:
                          "feeling left out?"
                          A very amusing exchange.

I think he was well used in the ep.

Comment

Agree with both of you, SGLAB and Jessima...that part was great!! I really like how Dex and Teyla investigated, playing the good cop and bad cop, except Teyal would not let Dex be too bad of a cop...LOL!!!
                            Purple's Biggest Fan
                            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Agree with you all, I felt Dex's character is showing more depth, and humor, and feel his obvious disappointment over
                              Spoiler:
                              not having his picture included, while McKay's was
                              , was very cute and a bit endearing. He is being alllowed to show more than just his tough side, and for that, I'm very happy. I'll always regard him as a teddy bear, cuddly, but with teeth.
                              On fighting:

Comment

I loved the entire good cop/bad cop storyline because it was great to see Ronon and Teyla in roles that relied more on their brains than brawn. These scenes reminded me of the scene in Aurora where they had to think quickly when Caldwell wanted to know where McKay and Sheppard were.

Also, I love what JM did with that wanted poster scene. He managed to convey Ronon's annoyance about not being on the poster with just the right amount of humor to alert the audience that Ronon was not crushed about "not being considered a threat", just wryly amused.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X