Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well considering Shep doesn't conform most of the time I think that we can expect Dex not to conform, also Teyla, I get the impression that she doens't look up to the earth crowd as much this year as last, Dex will probably do the same. I think the two galaxy cultures will probably clash this year.

I'm sure we will see Dex and Weir have discussions, it just takes time to spread all the arcs through the season.
    Spoiler:
    I suspect while Shep has disappeared this next eps there will be some discussion. Also, Shep apparently disappears during the season break so we can expect some different interactions between the two groups.
    I need to put spoilers around this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      Another great point.....I think we'll be seeing Weir "talking about" Dex, most likely to Shep......and maybe even a scene or two, of her actually speaking to Dex, but I doubt they will engage in chit chat for quite a while, if ever. I don't see her like that.....and I definitely don't see her warming up to Dex anytime soon. I think she is accepting that his presence on Atlantis, with his knowledge of the Wraith, is a plus for them. If he wasn't such a useful addition to Atlantis or their prospects for survival, I doubt Ronon would still be there.
      I really did think that when she talked to him about being on the team the scene was done badly - I dont want them to become best friends or anything but everyone else talks to Weir and I think he should aswell
      Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
      Well considering Shep doesn't conform most of the time I think that we can expect Dex not to conform, also Teyla, I get the impression that she doens't look up to the earth crowd as much this year as last, Dex will probably do the same. I think the two galaxy cultures will probably clash this year.

I'm sure we will see Dex and Weir have discussions, it just takes time to spread all the arcs through the season.
      Spoiler:
      I suspect while Shep has disappeared this next eps there will be some discussion. Also, Shep apparently disappears during the season break so we can expect some different interactions between the two groups.
      I need to put spoilers around this.
      I think Teyla and Ronon might start their own clique

As for Sheppeard not conforming I think she gives Sheppard a lot more leeway than she is going to give to Ronon or anyone else for that matter

I wonder why?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

That's true G...Shep really does get away with a lot...of course he is always saving the day too. Ro and Tey are both aliens so I suspect that is their bond...I dont' want any ship and don't expect any TPTB don't indulge in that very often.

I liked the scene between Weir and Ro, she was so uncomfortable with him...but I suspect over the next part of the season something will gel between them...some type fo understanding. I have a feeling that when Shep
        Spoiler:
        disappears after the Lost Boys a team effort will be made and Ronan and Weir will be the movers and shakers with Teyla and Rod participating. We'll see of course

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatCatOfRe
          Shep
          Spoiler:
          disappears after the Lost Boys a team effort will be made and Ronan and Weir will be the movers and shakers with Teyla and Rod participating. We'll see of course
          The Hive
          Spoiler:
          Colonel Sheppard finds himself a prisoner of the Wraith following Ford's suicide attack on a hive ship - seems like a rescue effort is in order
          I just had a thought what will happen between Dex and Caldwell?
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Yeah...Caldwell that will be interesting. They are both military...so it would make sense for them to align themselves but TPTB likes to mix up the interactions so who knows...I imagine Caldwell will irritate everyone this year...but over the next couple of years they will become a well oiled machine and we will see a lot of friendships develop...that seesm to be the way the writer's like to portray the characters.

Comment

Caldwell can make friends *shocked*
              love Torri

Comment

Well when you look at G. Hammond he is totally military too...over time he developed an afinity with the teams and the people that work for him. I believe that Caldwell will do the same...even though the Atlantis people don't work for him...he will be sent in to save their collective asses over a period of time....my guess is several times...and also vice versa...TPTB will develop a relationship between him and the other members...believe me I can see that developing thru time. Not this year though...some head butting will be in order...but mark my words they will develop a relationship as long as his character is allowed to stay. It's funny that no one has started a Caldwell/Weir ship because to tell yu the truth that is the only one that I can see developing AT ALL...I'm sure I am shocking people with that statement...but if any relationship is allowed to develop I beleive it would be that one...funny but true. We'll see over the next 2 years if I'm right or not...it might not be a wholly developed love relationship but I wouldn't be surprised if something happens between the two...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  I'm more than willing to discuss Ronon......his amazing physical prowess, his amazing physical agility, his amazing......wait, I'm going into thunk mode aren't I? Sorry.....

OK, how about we discuss his attitude toward Elia, in Instinct. Does anyone think his almost brutal rejection of her was too much or was it appropriate, considering his past experiences with the Wraith?

Better?
                  Not much Shex going on right now, no new posts to read, so I am hopping over here. *waves hi*
                  I think Ronon's reaction was quite within the bounds of reason, considering what he has been through. His planet destroyed, hunted for seven years, and now he is supposed to play nice with Elia because she has been nurtured? Ronon still acts first and then thinks second, which has served him well on the run.

Four out of five lemurs agree...Shex rules!!

Comment

Originally posted by cybergaki
                    now he is supposed to play nice with Elia because she has been nurtured? Ronon still acts first and then thinks second, which has served him well on the run.
                    Considering Elia still fed on people he was justified in the end
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by cybergaki
                      Not much Shex going on right now, no new posts to read, so I am hopping over here. *waves hi*
                      I think Ronon's reaction was quite within the bounds of reason, considering what he has been through. His planet destroyed, hunted for seven years, and now he is supposed to play nice with Elia because she has been nurtured? Ronon still acts first and then thinks second, which has served him well on the run.
                      I totally agree Cyber...The only way to survive in a situation like that is to react and fast...no time for niceties...I don't blame him for his reaction to Elia...it was correct in the end wasn't it. Instictive survival...there isn't anything nice about it ever...

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        Considering Elia still fed on people he was justified in the end
                        Again correct...maybe his "Instincts" kicked in at that time also...and they were correct.

Comment

I thought you guys might like to read this (very spoilery for S2 of course), is interesting, someone analysed Ronon and came up with some interesting ideas for where his character might be going.

Also vid rec. Lapdance - NERD by Sheila - great fastpaced action/character vid for Ronon. (and also point out Stargate Vid Awards has a Ronon category )

Comment

Above LJ
                            Spoiler:
                            The Wraith venom interacted in an unusual manner with Ronon's biochemistry, giving him an increase in physical abilities without the continuing addiction. - if it did increase his abilities then it only did so temporarily and what venom?

Ronon's unique biology will provide a way to free Ford from his chemical addiction. - I fail to see why that would be?

Testing shall be done through observation of the Atlantis team and individuals over the next eight months. - Testing of what
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              I thought you guys might like to read this (very spoilery for S2 of course), is interesting, someone analysed Ronon and came up with some interesting ideas for where his character might be going.

Also vid rec. Lapdance - NERD by Sheila - great fastpaced action/character vid for Ronon. (and also point out Stargate Vid Awards has a Ronon category )
                              Thank you so much for posting that link. It was very well done and has really got me thinking now, about where tptb will be taking both Dex's and Ford's characters.

And thanks for fic info, etc. It is all very much appreciated.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Discussion question for the day:

Do you think Dex will develop any close relationships (as in friendships), with any members of the Atlantis team?
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X