Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex Discussion Thread (possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on dialup, but definately appreciate the pics! Thanks!

Comment

[mod snip for Off Topic]

Now back on topic, very nice pictures Gatetheway.

I think that the "brutaly honest" character trait could go far, this reminds me of something, I believe it was a character in another show, I can not remember which. This could be quite funny:

*Dex walks into room*

"Mckay, are you done with analyzing my tracking device?" (I don't know)

"No, I wanted to run a multispectral analyisis on the subspace transciever."

"Oh, my God!!!! Did what did you eat your breath smells like CRAP!!"

*Mckay, now breathing towards the floor*

*mumbling* "Oh, I must have forgotten to brush my teeth."

Owen Macri
      Last edited by Madeleine; 27 May 2005, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I've deleted a whole bunch of OT posts* - everything after shadow's post 158 which I was hoping would lead to a discussion of DEX, rather than a whingefest about how everyone was Off Topic

* Without prejudice - EVERYTHING OT had to go, from the sane and polite stuff to the ranting self-reinventing drivel. Don't take it as an insult or rebuke if your sane&polite-but-off-topic post is gone

Please, so that people can enjoy discussing Dex in here, don't respond to anything OT. Don't even respond to THIS post. (If you feel a desperate need thenPM me. PMs won't clog up the thread )

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          *Dex walks into room*

"Mckay, are you done with analyzing my tracking device?" (I don't know)

"No, I wanted to run a multispectral analyisis on the subspace transciever."

"Oh, my God!!!! Did what did you eat your breath smells like CRAP!!"

*Mckay, now breathing towards the floor*

*mumbling* "Oh, I must have forgotten to brush my teeth."
          I don't believe It will be quite that bad but I definitly think that there will sparks between Dex and McKay. As someone "brutally honest" Dex mightn't have the patience to deal with McKay and might find him annoying.
          Kinda like how the other characters behaved towards McKay in "Hide and Seek" when they thought he was a coward

Seems like Mckay will have to prove himself all over again
          sigpic

Comment

It will be interesting to see how a character like McKay will react to someone like Dex.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

Both characters seem to be the type to speak without engaging their brains, first. McKay may well meet his match in Dex.

Do you think he's likely to be respecftul and show deference to Weir? That'd really egg things on with Shep, who tends to blow off her warnings and requests. I have a feeling that's not the direction they're taking things, though, and events in Siege may bring about an attitude change in Shep. Maybe Dex will fill the gap, instead, and Shep will find himself defending her stances instead of ignoring them.

Comment

Trying to add in my thoughts on Dex.

There was alot of stuff about Jason being brought in as another hot alien but I have to say looking at the promo pictures he's not 'pretty boy'. He looks nice in his own way, lots of muscle isn't my thing, but point is overall I get the impression of tough and intimidating rather than yet another piece of eyecandy. He looks to me exactly what I'd expect of someone who's been running from the wraith for years. Not to mention on the issue of him possibly being 'all brawn and no brain' - even tough humans don't stand much chance against wraith and he had to have smarts to manage to run for so long, hoping we get to see plenty of that.

I also quite like the idea that he takes no BS and is brutally honesty; not just in the way we're used to with McKay but in a way I can imagine he might even manage to get McKay to shut up with the right words,... at least for a couple of seconds. I'll be interested to see how those two characters interact.

Also curious how Dex and Weir will get on, if the attitude on women on his planet means he'll be uncomfortable with her leading or more comfortable with it then the Earth military are.

What bugs me most, and I want to know, is why he joins Atlantis. If he's likely used to being on the run then why suddenly join forces? Is it he sees Ford's and all the others determination to take on the Wraith and to help people. Does he see people who might be able to help him and ultimately recognises it's better to go with them? Or does anyone reckon there's a different twist to that why?

What do I want see?
                To be shown a guy who really could have kept going, who had a reason to keep going too. Was it just because he wants to live, because he hates the wraith or has he got a mission, people he left behind? Hoping he gets a good backstory to explain, he needs to be more than simply on the run for me too be able to really feel for the character. Thankfully there have already been spoilers showing they've got atleast one plot around his past.

What do not want to see?

I don't want him to be too brainy. Sounds odd but I'm not expecting him to be into science, and the shows got enough scientists already. That said I don't know what I'd expect him to know alot about apart from how to survive, but he must have had something he did before he was on the run.
                Last edited by Purpleyin; 28 May 2005, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Earlier spoilers suggested that he was part of some kind of military!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Like Purpleyin, I'd REALLY like to know how he goes from taking half of the SGA team hostage to being a member of their top team. I want to know the logic.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I hope he isn't military. I can take the warrior thing, but having him be part of an actual military (or equivalent) is too Ford-like for my tastes (I know, I know, the F-word is taboo here ). Or too Earth military in general. They need to emphasize his uniqueness as much as possible. If he's going to be a fighter at least make him a different kind of fighter, y'know?

I agree that they'll have to come up with a pretty damn good explanation as to why Dex suddenly deserves to be on the team. I mean, even considering him an ally sounds a little dodgy at this point, but putting him on the team?? And again, I hope they don't pull a Teal'c on us (yeah, yeah, I know the T-word is verboten, too ).

Comment

Had a look at the promo pics last night... Doesn't Ronon Dex look wild and woolly? DH thought he had more than a passing resemblance to the Wraith...

Is he military? I thought he was trying to dodge the Wraith and has had lots of practice dodging the Wraith. I hope they're not turning him into another
                        Spoiler:
                        Wraith gene recipient
                        . One is quite enough I think...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Well, perhaps I read the spoilers wrong but I thought that
                          Spoiler:
                          Ronan Dex belonged to a military group on his planet. And the short clip they showed at the Vancouver con seemed to support that

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            Well, perhaps I read the spoilers wrong but I thought that
                            Spoiler:
                            Ronan Dex belonged to a military group on his planet. And the short clip they showed at the Vancouver con seemed to support that
                            Don't suppose you lucky con-goers can tell us about this clip in more detail?

Comment

Well from what I remember of the clip
                              Spoiler:
                              It showed Ronan Dex on his home planet while it was under attack and he was running with a couple of other people who were wearing uniforms identical to what he was wearing and they were carrying pretty modern looking guns. They also showed a clip with him holding Shep and Teyla hostage in a cave but I can't remember the dialogue.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

So he's just a generic soldierboy? *sigh* I sincerely hope they find an interesting twist to it because that alone isn't enough to set him apart.

Comment

Working...
                                X