Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, look forward to the reports

Comment

Ooh, that sounds great, Klenotka! I'll check it out as soon as I get home.

Rosehawk, so jealous! Paul sounds like such a sweetheart. Very nice someone's getting David's autograph for you! Good to see fans taking care of each other. And I'm glad to see you seem to be feeling a bit more chipper. A weekend at a con can lift the spirits, eh?

I'm so grateful for all the con reports people post online, even if I end up even more jealous I couldn't go. At least I hear Fedcon '08 will be held in Dallas, which could be an easy weekend trip for me. Now I just have to hope lots of actors and fans come to it...

Well, back in school this week. Can't thunk as often as I'd like. Good classes this year, though, including Psychology of Language. Czech hasn't come up thus far, but we've got students in there from Russia, Greece, and Japan, so we're getting a decent international perspective. I hope everyone else is doing as well!

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Sounds like you had a lot of fun, look forward to the reports
        Originally posted by SETI_fan
        Rosehawk, so jealous! Paul sounds like such a sweetheart. Very nice someone's getting David's autograph for you! Good to see fans taking care of each other. And I'm glad to see you seem to be feeling a bit more chipper. A weekend at a con can lift the spirits, eh?
        Yeah, the con, getting away for a weekend was something I really needed to do. I laughed so hard my sides still hurt!

Humm, I don't really have anything to post reports to. I sort of have played around with a blog but I am not into posting stuff about myself on it.

In spoilers because it is slightly off topic.
        Spoiler:
        I had a blast. Hadn't had a vacation in a very very long time. Paul is a sweetheart! He wasn't feeling well so he didn't mingle with the fans except at the breakfast and autograph signing. Everyone at my breakfast table was Michael and Cliff fans so they let Paul sit next to me and when they told him I was the Paul fan at the table, he gave me a great big hug! So totally unexpected and one of the best gifts of the whole weekend. Not too mention I made a really good friend with one of my roommates. Her and I just had a blast! Paul put her on stage! Paul really is as nice as people say he is! Had fun meeting some of the other actors as well but Paul was my highlight Only David Nykl could have topped Paul!

The best part was finding someone to get me David's autograph. Silly fan girl that I am.

I missed *THUNKIN* Radek!
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Bedtime *THUNK* Night all!

In the on-going boss's saga - I went over his head today to his boss to let her know how hurt, angry and disappointed I was in how things were handled. It's a risky thing to do but I have already made the decision to start looking in the company for another job. She has always had a great open door policy and you know I am pi$$ed if I went to her. I am off work the next two days and he is on vacation the next two weeks.

Just have to post another *THUNK* pic!

Last edited by Rosehawk; 28 August 2007, 10:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you had fun, do you know FireFly? she went to a con in Glasgow and met Kenny Baker and Gareth David-Lloyd who plays Ianto in Torchwood, lucky cow's the pair of you

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post

Well, back in school this week. Can't thunk as often as I'd like. Good classes this year, though, including Psychology of Language. Czech hasn't come up thus far, but we've got students in there from Russia, Greece, and Japan, so we're getting a decent international perspective. I hope everyone else is doing as well!

Seti
              Hang out with the Russians. Rossian = 70 percent Czech (including the alphabet of course)

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              I went to the Chicago Con and had a blast! Got three wonderful hugs from Paul - but that's for another thread!
              I even found someone to get me David's autograph when he is in Germany this November! Yes!!!!!

Too late to thunk tonight! Will read everything tommorrow. Missed you guys and Radek!!!!
              Missed you too. I'm sure you have more to say... Have to ask your clone...

PS: Ready for the next lesson, young padawan? This might alreaddy be the last one

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Sounds like you had fun, do you know FireFly? she went to a con in Glasgow and met Kenny Baker and Gareth David-Lloyd who plays Ianto in Torchwood, lucky cow's the pair of you
                In spoilers because slightly off topic!

Spoiler:
                I had just a fantastic time! Met some wonderful people on GW. Nope, I don't know FireFly but I have read some of her posts.

Jay Acovone said I had a nice smile. He was really really nice! I wasn't going to get a photo op with him (money constraints) but after watching him in the Cabaret Friday night when he was told he was going to have to do it and he had no material prepared, I developed alot of respect for him. Teryl had to backout of the con and Steve Bacic had to move to Sunday and they were both scheduled for the Cabaret so Jay was somehow chosen to fill in. He made it work with alittle help from Dan Shea. I got a photo op with him, it takes alot of guts to do what he did and he was really nice.

I got to meet the author Elizabeth Christensen and talk with her and her husband. Two very wonderful and sweet people. We talked Zelenka and David Nykl - her co-author, Sonny Whitelaw, has met David. I got her book Exogenesis which has alot of Zelenka in it. The book is really good and I love reading the Zelenka parts. They really got his character down and it is so different reading Zelenka in a book versus watching the character on screen.

I got to sit next to Cliff and Paul for two minutes each - Paul being my highlight and the unexpected hug he gave me was a highpoint of the weekend for me. Got a really nice photo with Paul - he is just so cuddable and his eyes are just wonderful!

My roommate was wonderful and alot of fun. She introduced me to people and by some bizzare chance happening, her seat was next to mine. She got to talk Dutch with Cliff, get up on stage with Paul and run her hand through Michael Shanks hair - you have to go to Paul's and Michael's threads to get those updates.

So I made a really good friend and I met someone who is going to get me David's autograph in November!

Originally posted by Pajus
                Missed you too. I'm sure you have more to say... Have to ask your clone...
                Thanks! I was having a tad bit Zelenka withdrawals, not being able to *thunk* him.

PS: Ready for the next lesson, young padawan? This might alreaddy be the last one
                Yep, I'm ready!

**Thunk** Nice eyes!
                sigpic

Comment

Had another Atlantis moment at school today. In Biostatistics, we did an example of a random sampling technique to estimate how many graphs were printed in our textbook. The prof gave his Teacher's Assistant/grad student the task of actually counting all the graphs so we could see how accurate our results were. When we'd finished, the T.A. had misunderstood and counted the wrong thing, so we had to wait while he recounted. So help me, but with the prof working on his tablet PC and making snarky remarks at the T.A. (good-natured ones) and the T.A. bickering back indignantly, I just got such a McKay/Zelenka vibe. Granted the T.A.'s from India, not the Czech Republic, but it was an accent regardless, and he's got the small glasses and wide-eyed indignant look that just sold the whole thing.

Rosehawk, good luck with your boss's boss! I hope she's more sympathetic to your case and gives that guy the kick in the pants he deserves! Thanks for the con stories too! Sounds like a wonderful time!

Hang out with the Russians. Rossian = 70 percent Czech (including the alphabet of course)
                  Ooh, very cool. The Russian girl and I have known each other from a previous class, so we chat a lot in this one. It was fun when we had to give a sample sentence showing language can refer to something not presently going on in the room and the one she came up with was "Monty Python is frickin' hilarious." (direct quote) That in a Russian accent somehow cracked me up. Good to see Monty Python being appreciated worldwide too.

Adorable *thunk* pictures as always! Thanks for sharing!

Seti

Comment

Rosehawk, good luck with your boss's boss! I hope she's more sympathetic to your case and gives that guy the kick in the pants he deserves! Thanks for the con stories too! Sounds like a wonderful time!
                    Seti
                    Thanks Seti. She will listen but I don't expect anything to change and even if it did change, after what was said - which hit a deep personal core value for me - it won't change my plan to look for another job in another division. Sometimes managment just doesn't get it, being fullfilled in a job isn't always about the stupid numbers game or how much money someone makes.

This is gonna be the look on my face as I listen to the boss trying to convince me to stay.

What exactly are you studying Seti? Sounds complicated.
                    sigpic

Comment

is it bad that i want to look into graduate programs in the engineering field yea, i am looking to go back to school for something in the biology-engineering field i am such a geek..anyway, yea, back to thunking...if not grad school, i will prolly look for a more full time job in the biology-related field (like US forest service)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SlytherinGal View Post
                        is it bad that i want to look into graduate programs in the engineering field yea, i am looking to go back to school for something in the biology-engineering field i am such a geek..anyway, yea, back to thunking...if not grad school, i will prolly look for a more full time job in the biology-related field (like US forest service)
                        Sounds like a good field to go into. I was heading back to school for engineering a few years ago, I really like science, biology and chemistry, though I could do without the math, but when I moved to a new division a few years ago, they wouldn't finish paying for my schooling which was too expensive on my own.

A little Tao of Rodney *thunkin* Do not have anything in your mouth that you can choke on when you open this up!

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Hee hee! Love the annoyed Radek picture. He's so adorable when he's ticked off.

What exactly are you studying Seti? Sounds complicated.
                          I'm a Biology Major, Psychology Minor, working on going into a career in some kind of zoology (conservation, behavioral research, whatever I can get paid to do). The Bio major is full of chemistries and intense sounding things, but they've been pretty good so far. I'm looking into grad schools now for zoology or behavior, so hopefully I'll have even more complicated sounding classes coming up in a year!

Good on you guys for working in engineering! That just looks so challenging to me. (Math is not my friend, though stats and I get along pretty well.) Good luck, SlytherinGal!

Seti

Comment

Hee hee! Love the annoyed Radek picture. He's so adorable when he's ticked off.
                            Yes he is!

sigpic

Comment

Good on you guys for working in engineering! That just looks so challenging to me. (Math is not my friend, though stats and I get along pretty well.) Good luck, SlytherinGal!

Seti
                              I work in an engineering company (as an interpreter for the German supervisor and sometimes his boss). Been on another booze cruise two nights ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

Spoiler:
                                Radek: Elizabeth? That must've been a rough ride.

Elizabeth: It was, my love. It really was a rough ride
                                Last edited by Pajus; 30 August 2007, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X