Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress View Post
    thanks i seemed to find one from Grace Under Pressure i am thinking about making a tshirt that kind of looks like my siggy
    Ugh, Grace Under Pressure that was it, not Trinity. So much Zelenka, got them confused. And I just saw Grace Under Pressure, hummmm.

T-shirt, that could be kind of fun!!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Wow, found this on page 4 and with all the cons that David has done recently.......

klenotaka wanted to say thanks for all the website links. The event went really well today.. here is a sample of what you helped put together

Spoiler:

Thanks Reefgirl for the fruit idea, we actually ended up making cherry, blueberry, apple, and raspberry jam. They had never made bread or jam before so yesterday they learned something new and how easy it is.

Here, have a sample of an apple kolach We couldn't let them rise as much as they needed to to get light and fluffy today but they still worked and tasted great!!

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Wow, found this on page 4 and with all the cons that David has done recently.......

klenotaka wanted to say thanks for all the website links. The event went really well today.. here is a sample of what you helped put together

Spoiler:

Thanks Reefgirl for the fruit idea, we actually ended up making cherry, blueberry, apple, and raspberry jam. They had never made bread or jam before so yesterday they learned something new and how easy it is.

Here, have a sample of an apple kolach We couldn't let them rise as much as they needed to to get light and fluffy today but they still worked and tasted great!!

Spoiler:
        WOW. I love the Svejk puppet

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This is cool! The Svejk puppet is fantastic

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I am glad I could help Rosehawk, and I am glad the occasion went well, the food looks lovely

Comment

I want to see some more topless!!!

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

MAKE HIM SWIM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                I want to see some more topless!!!

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

MAKE HIM SWIM!!!

Seeing Radek in a bathing suit could be rather *insert non-PG thoughts here* enjoyable!

Hey congrads Allestian. Looks like you just made over 3000 posts!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I hit it at the Tanith thread

I'm seeing swimming trunks here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                    I'm seeing swimming trunks here!!!

Now isn't that a lovely image to go to sleep on!! Thanks Allestian!
                    sigpic

Comment

My pleasure...

...that and every other Zelenka thunker around aswell.

Comment

I don't know if there's anyone who's on GateWorld who doesn't know about Season 4 and the Atlantis cast, but I'll put my comments in spoilers, just in case. The news is on GateWorld and SciFi.
                        Spoiler:
                        I guess this makes official what we already know. Amanda's joining Atlantis for 14 episodes and Jewel Staite for 8 episodes. Now, who thinks that with Amanda on the show, Radek is going to have fewer interactions with Rodney? *raises hand*

According to GateWorld, the press release says
                        "Taking the torch from SG-1 as television's most thrilling adventure series, Atlantis, slated to begin production in Vancouver next month, promises to up the ante this season by introducing a powerful new race, welcoming new cast members and mourning the loss of some beloved friends."
                        "Mourning the loss of some beloved friends." That's plural "friends". Who thinks the next in line for the axe is Radek? *raises hand*. Unless it's yet another main cast member (like Teyla, because we know how well SG writes women), I don't see who else would resonate with the audience. Radek is the recurring cast member we've seen the most often.

Do we need a Save Zelenka campaign?

For those of you who have read my comments, do you think it needs to be in spoilers or not?

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                          I don't know if there's anyone who's on GateWorld who doesn't know about Season 4 and the Atlantis cast, but I'll put my comments in spoilers, just in case. The news is on GateWorld and SciFi.
                          Spoiler:
                          I guess this makes official what we already know. Amanda's joining Atlantis for 14 episodes and Jewel Staite for 8 episodes. Now, who thinks that with Amanda on the show, Radek is going to have fewer interactions with Rodney? *raises hand*

"Mourning the loss of some beloved friends." That's plural "friends". Who thinks the next in line for the axe is Radek? *raises hand*. Unless it's yet another main cast member (like Teyla, because we know how well SG writes women), I don't see who else would resonate with the audience. Radek is the recurring cast member we've seen the most often.

For those of you who have read my comments, do you think it needs to be in spoilers or not?
                          Wow, this is a tough one.
                          Spoiler:
                          I think the loss is Beckett and Weir - her role is greatly reduced and they aren't saying at this point how many episodes she will be in, that's basically the same as a loss since fans are mourning about Weir already. I do worry about Zelenka and if they kill him off though after what they did to Beckett, I think they would ultimately kill the show since the International theme would be totally lost. SGA kept that International flavor with Beckett and Zelenka and now Zelenka basically represents the International community on a regular basis. Just showing flags on someones arm patch is not enough, you need the accents, you need the culture differences for viewers to truely connect to the International theme. Personally to me International is more than just Canadian and/or American.
                          I am hoping there will be some fun interactions with Zelenka and Sam since she will obviously treat Radek much better than Rodney and the two of them could really give Rodney a good run. Could make for some interesting three-way interactions. I am trying to be an optimist.
                          Yes I do worry that Zelenka will have less screen time. If it is less time with Rodney but more with like Sheppard, Teyla or Ronan then that would be great. Zelenka works well with all the characters on Atlantis. JM hinted in his blog that we would be seeing Zelenka in season 4 so I take that as a good sign. Don't ask me when, I just remember someone asking him if we would see three characters and Zelenka was the only one that got a responding yes or definitley or something like that from him.

Probably should keep this in spoilers unless speculation has some rumors that can be confirmed happening.
                          sigpic

Comment

Svejk puppet
                            Okay, what does Svejk mean?

Apparently her grandmother bought the puppets in Prague about 15 years ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                              Spoiler:

I already have a nice little message prepared for the TPTBs should anything like that happen.

Comment

Okay, what does Svejk mean?

Apparently her grandmother bought the puppets in Prague about 15 years ago.
                                Svejk is the name of the soldier. The writer Jaroslav Hasek created him as part of his parody on the Austrian army during World War 1. The book is named 'Osudy dobreho vojaka Svejka' ('The tales of the good soldier Svejk')

Comment

Working...
                                X