Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belevision View Post
    My condolences. Those are especially hard during the holidays.
    Thanks. She was a co-workers who is also a friend, her granddaughter. Kind of hits home because my own daughter is 16.

Originally posted by belevision
    All the more fun to unwrap, right? Here you go.... gift wrapped...
    Ohhhhhh, so lovely. And I bet you can imagine where I want to put the bow!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Today I took a day off to do the Thanksgiving pre-cooking, cleaning etc. Tomorrow the in-laws show up at 8am to start helping with the cooking, the rest of them show up around 11, meal at 1, then more cleaning later. Then I collapse and recover for 3 days. (Should be able to get some *thunkin* in during that.)
      Cleaning! Cleaning! Who said anything about cleaning.....cripe....Radek clone I need you...........
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Yeah, my boss is from Canada and she likes to remind us how you guys have the real Thanksgiving days (ours were changed by one of our Presidents a long time ago to spur the Christmas Retail season!)
        I didn't know that! Geez, as if the holidays weren't commercialized enough.

Gazzilion?? What are you studying? ummmmm other than a course in Radekology and Zelenkaism!
        I think we're all long-term students of those subjects; we never get tired of learning and there's always something new to discover.

Thanks. She was a co-workers who is also a friend, her granddaughter. Kind of hits home because my own daughter is 16.
        Ow, that is hard.

Cleaning! Cleaning! Who said anything about cleaning.....cripe....Radek clone I need you...........
        I've been pacing myself so I don't get too tired- as can see I've been on here, taking plenty of breaks... I won't be able to do that tomorrow though! Gazzillions (good word, GateGurl) of people will be around.

Comment

I didn't know that! Geez, as if the holidays weren't commercialized enough.
          Thanksgiving was originally to celebrate the end of the Harvest which would have been in October in most parts of the US and Canada. Typically, harvests are well done and over by the end of November! And really, what is the value of Friday being a national holiday, other than to go shopping and getting ready for Christmas!

I think we're all long-term students of those subjects; we never get tired of learning and there's always something new to discover.
          Ohhh yes, the science of explorology.........exploring one of the seven wonders of the world, Radek Zelenka!

I've been pacing myself so I don't get too tired- as can see I've been on here, taking plenty of breaks... I won't be able to do that tomorrow though! Gazzillions (good word, GateGurl) of people will be around.
          Yeah, I will be lucky to get the computer much tomorrow. I will be so Zelenka deprived!

Good Luck with all those people around. We don't have anyone coming over so that helps keep the stress levels down.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanksgiving was originally to celebrate the end of the Harvest which would have been in October in most parts of the US and Canada. Typically, harvests are well done and over by the end of November! And really, what is the value of Friday being a national holiday, other than to go shopping and getting ready for Christmas!
            And on that Friday, I make it a point to not leave my house if possible. It's insane out there! I have relatives who used to like to go to the mall on that day just for fun- masochists I tell you!

Yeah, I will be lucky to get the computer much tomorrow. I will be so Zelenka deprived!

Good Luck with all those people around. We don't have anyone coming over so that helps keep the stress levels down.
            I think on Friday there are going to be *thunk*-starved fangirls around here, namely us! I'll have to dig up some good pics to post then. Especially since we won't have a new episode to look forward to for another week!

Comment

And on that Friday, I make it a point to not leave my house if possible. It's insane out there! I have relatives who used to like to go to the mall on that day just for fun- masochists I tell you!
              LOL. Me too!

Good excuse to have a Zelenka Atlantis marathon!

I think on Friday there are going to be *thunk*-starved fangirls around here, namely us! I'll have to dig up some good pics to post then. Especially since we won't have a new episode to look forward to for another week!
              Never, Zelenka deprived...we can't be...we just can't be....... going to have to put the DVD's in!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                That would be *warning: real-life-physics rewrite of Brain Storm*

Spoiler:
                Zelenka: I think I may have a solution
                Mckay: Not now! We're busy trying to do actual science to save our lives here!
                Zelenka: Shut the field down
                McKay, Nye, Tyson: Are you nuts!
                Tyson: If We do that, the temperature differential will expose the entire planet to lethal tornados!
                Zelenka: It won't
                Nye: Oh yeah?
                Zelenka: Certainly
                Nye: How can yo even say that?
                Zelenka: Simple: The heatsing has been programmed to draw 4 kilowatts worth of heat. If we shut the field down, it will draw 4 kilowatts of heat from the entire planet. I seriously doubt anyone will even notice. And the tornados won't hppen either. There is an unimaginably huge amount of hot air outside and a teeny tiny amoun of cold air inside. If you shut the field down and open the windows, the only thing that can happen is that we won't be so cold anymore.
                McKay: *surprised* I was just about to say that
                Zelenka: *rolleyes* right
                Nye, Tyson, McKay: *shut the field down and no tornados happen*
                Spoiler:
                Well, they couldn't shut the field down because the EM field was powered by the bridge itself, which as we know did not have a manual shut-off (which no engineer on the face of the planet would ever do). That was why no one could leave and the cell phones didn't work.

There is also no way in reality-land that the 100 scientists would completely ignore "hello, that's dangerous" and that not one of them would demand some assurance it wasn't dangerous before letting dipwad turn it on, nor is it realistic that all 100 of the best minds would posture like sixth graders in the middle of a life-or-death crisis until scolded by Kaylee, anymore than it's realistic 100 adults would allow one moron with no guns to their heads to refuse to call for help.

And yes, the tornadoes were stupid.

What I want to know is why McKay didn't come up with the incredibly basic idea to blow the fuses earlier... oh, wait. Because he's an astrophysicist and mechanical engineer. Zelenka is the electrical engineer.

Rodney does his best work with Zelenka around (38 Minutes, The Hot Zone, The Seige, Allies, McKay & Mrs. Miller, First Strike, Adrift, and BAMSR). ~.^

How about some Wondergeeks thunk? Back in the good old days when McKay had a soul.

Spoiler:

DragonLady
                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                  Lovely pics DragonLadyK.

I really like the Radek Rodney moments. At least we had a few of them these past few episodes......

Love the third and fourth pictures!
                  sigpic

Comment

Very enjoyable pics, DragonLady! I wish we saw more moments in the show like that in the 4th one- I love how they look like they're having fun. Which ep is that from?

Comment

Very enjoyable pics, DragonLady! I wish we saw more moments in the show like that in the 4th one- I love how they look like they're having fun. Which ep is that from?
                      Lifeline, right after they discovered the Replicators were attacking a Wraith planet. Zelenka was laughing -- which took the adorable meter right up over the top.

Even if Elizabeth died. *sniffles*

DragonLady
                      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Lifeline, right after they discovered the Replicators were attacking a Wraith planet. Zelenka was laughing -- which took the adorable meter right up over the top.

DragonLady
                        He had to cover his true feelings to not rouse suspicion

Comment

And shot it through the roof!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK

DragonLady

Originally posted by Pajus
                          He had to cover his true feelings to not rouse suspicion
                          He's a brave man, our Radek is.......
                          sigpic

Comment

And shot it through the roof!

He's a brave man, our Radek is.......
                            That much I know, and I am only in the 3rd season so far. I must say I am dieing to watch him go all 'soldier-man' soon. I have heard something about him beating the crap out of someone with a pipe, and then something about a gun. However, youtube has failed me and I cannot find the clip. *Sniffle* I don't want to watch the whole episode till I am caught up in them, but I do want to see our man in action! Hehe!
                            Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by GateGurl View Post
                              That much I know, and I am only in the 3rd season so far. I must say I am dieing to watch him go all 'soldier-man' soon. I have heard something about him beating the crap out of someone with a pipe, and then something about a gun. However, youtube has failed me and I cannot find the clip. *Sniffle* I don't want to watch the whole episode till I am caught up in them, but I do want to see our man in action! Hehe!
                              The pipe and the gun are both from Tabula Rasa in Season 4. He doesn't exactly beat anyone up, though off-screen he hit someone with it and ran off. It really is a nice episode. You will enjoy it when you get the opportunity to watch it, it has some lovely Zelenka moments in it and some really nice interaction with Radek and Rodney.

Happy Thanksgiving....now back to cooking.....
                              sigpic

Comment

The pipe and the gun are both from Tabula Rasa in Season 4. He doesn't exactly beat anyone up, though off-screen he hit someone with it and ran off. It really is a nice episode. You will enjoy it when you get the opportunity to watch it, it has some lovely Zelenka moments in it and some really nice interaction with Radek and Rodney.

Happy Thanksgiving....now back to cooking.....
                                Happy Thanksgiving to you! Don't cook TOO hard!

And yes, I am most definately looking forward to it. Too bad we don't see him beat the kaunas out of someone on screen! Now that would be a sight to see! I would imagine he might be a scrappy little fighter too!
                                Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

Working...
                                X