Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Well... We could make another smut caption contest... Or write some kinky fanfiction... I may have a challenge if you want one
    We should take the Zelenka/Weir stuff over to their special thread. I would love to get that thread going again, that was one of the funnest threads I have ever been on with Gateworld.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      We should take the Zelenka/Weir stuff over to their special thread. I would love to get that thread going again, that was one of the funnest threads I have ever been on with Gateworld.
      Go ahead, young Jedi. I know you can start another contest like few others

Comment

Well I'm always for lots of Radek/Liz fic. Smutty or otherwise. They could have been so great together.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

You mean this pipe?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          See episodes Tao of Rodney and Grace under pressure
          Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! That's the mother of all pipes! You can slice 'em dice 'em in cubes or thin slices of meat.
          sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

And here it is:

Spoiler:
            Radek CZ:Jezisi, to je neuveritelny, ja jsem takovej debil. Ten si bude myslet, ze jsem naprostej idiot... No tak co mne zbejva. Ne, to ne... Ja se sem nevejdu... Fuj, to smrdi... Jezisimaria... Jezisi, to snad ne...

Radek EN: Jesus, that's unbelieveable, I'm such a moron. He'll think I'm a complete idiot... Well, what options have I left... No, not this... I won't fit in here... Yuck, this stinks... Jesus Maria... Jesus, not this...
            Hee! Thank you for the translation.

I was watching that scene and thinking that somewhere there had to be someone who knew what he was saying. The monologue was adorable, as was his saving the day and his modesty.

Radek's a real cutie.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Well I'm always for lots of Radek/Liz fic. Smutty or otherwise. They could have been so great together.
              Have you written any yet?

Comment

Spoiler:
                I just loved his smile in the end. He was so uncomfortable being trapped with Sam in the lift and with feeling like he was letting her down. Everyone wants to look good for the boss. He really needed her to let him know he did great! I don't think Radek gets alot of praise for doing a good job, but how can he with Rodney as his boss!

That look that Radek's gave when Sam took off her jacket and he noticed that she had boobs? I just cracked up laughing, only David could pull that look off so well and make it work!
                Spoiler:
                And she praised him in front of his peers! that's got to be the best feeling in the world. and word spread throughout the base that he saved them. niiiiice!

that scene with the boobage was hilarious because the way carter took off her jacket oblivious to radek's extended ogling because she was focused on the computer. And the look he had on his face was classic!

Originally posted by suse View Post
                Just goes to show. Men are men everywhere.

suse
                I know huh. lol! and it's even funnier when the women don't know they have that effect on them.
                sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
                  Women are no better

Comment

First let it be known that I am not a good or fast writer. Second let it be known that I am only starting to try to write ship. Until recently it came out onto the page as utter tripe.

That being said, I am starting something. Expect it in October at the soonest! LOL
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Does anyone have a translation, please, for the word or phrase that Radek uses in the transporter when he and Sam can't get the door open? Spelled purely phonetically, it sounds like, "Demvor."

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        And she praised him in front of his peers! that's got to be the best feeling in the world. and word spread throughout the base that he saved them. niiiiice!

Spoiler:
                        The praise was long overdue too!. Radek has done alot over the years and rarely given credit because he is always in Rodney's shadow. It was a shame Rodney wasn't there, but then again it was probably a good thing because he would have downplayed Radek's saving the day and ruined it for him. The competitive nature those two have with each other always seems to put Radek on the wrong end of things.

Originally posted by bossluna
                        Spoiler:
                        that scene with the boobage was hilarious because the way carter took off her jacket oblivious to radek's extended ogling because she was focused on the computer. And the look he had on his face was classic!

Spoiler:
                        I wouldn't call it ogling, I think Radek was caught off guard and responded in a typical fashion.

Originally posted by suse
                        Originally posted by bossluna
                        I know huh. lol! and it's even funnier when the women don't know they have that effect on them.
                        Or vica versas. If Radek only knew the effect he had on some of us women
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 19 January 2008, 01:20 PM.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                          Does anyone have a translation, please, for the word or phrase that Radek uses in the transporter when he and Sam can't get the door open? Spelled purely phonetically, it sounds like, "Demvor."

Thanks!
                          Spoiler:
                          It was "Ty vole", which is a generic curse in a situation of misfortune (something like "Aw $hit" in English)

Comment

Just popping in to say how fabulous it was to see Radek

Spoiler:
                            get to play the hero last night!

Finally, our little guy gets the props he deserves!
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Need I say more?

Got Fanfic?

Comment

Did someone mention Critical Mass?! Some of Radek's best pi$$ed off moments!

Spoiler:
                              I just loved his smile in the end. He was so uncomfortable being trapped with Sam in the lift and with feeling like he was letting her down. Everyone wants to look good for the boss. He really needed her to let him know he did great! I don't think Radek gets alot of praise for doing a good job, but how can he with Rodney as his boss!

That look that Radek's gave when Sam took off her jacket and he noticed that she had boobs? I just cracked up laughing, only David could pull that look off so well and make it work!
                              Oh yes Critcal Mass was some of David's best expressions

Comment

Spoiler:
                                It was "Ty vole", which is a generic curse in a situation of misfortune (something like "Aw $hit" in English)

Thanks! I've kept it vague - as in "Radek curses in Czech" - in the transcript for diplomatic purposes!

Comment

Working...
                                X