Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was soooooo cool....
    Spoiler:
    they had a meet n greet on Thursday that was to include Patrick Curry (Fifth), Dan Payne and Alexis Cruz. Only two people had bid on it so I went and bid and won it just a few days before the convention. I had already won a Joe Flanigan meet n greet and a Kavan Smith, Alex Zahara meet n greet as well - I had happen to get a year end profit sharing check which gave me some extra money to spend at the convention. I was only going to bid on this meet n greet if others didn't.

On Wednesday I got a phone call from Creation that Alexis Cruz couldn't make it and asked if I wanted a refund. Meet n Greets are fun just to get to talk to the talent more so I said I still wanted to do it. They did say they were trying to get another actor to attend.

On Thursday to my pleasant surprise David Nykl walked in. They got him to replace Alexis Cruz. So my convention day started out pretty good!

David also was the very first guest on stage!

David also did a Happy Hour at the end of Thursday night which I went too. This was the first convention where I actually got to spend some quality time talking with David. It was fun! He really is a very nice person!

It was also a real treat to get to talk with Dan Payne and Patrick Curry. While those are probably for other threads, I have to say having the three of them in one room and listening to them talk was great! Too bad others didn't bid on the meet n greet because they really missed a good time. I am pretty certain that if they had had time to promote David Nykl they would have sold out. The tickets were pretty cheap and I know others that would have love to have seen David as well.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
      How about: his smile is devastatingly handsome, or his smile is quite dashing. I think those might come close to what you were saying.
      Shame on me, I didn't think of "devastating".
      sigpic

Comment

Eh, since English isn't your first language, I'll forgive you this time.
        sigpic

Comment

Eh, since English isn't your first language, I'll forgive you this time.
          Much appreciated, thank you!
          Actually when we think about it, French people are well known for their really bad English (and terrible accent, I keep thinking this!).
          Last edited by Utopia!; 21 April 2011, 08:13 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Really? I thought they were known for their cool French accents.

Take David for example. Have you seen the brief video where he speaks French to invite people to see him at a recent French con? It was dreamy.

And hey, I think most French people start learning English before most Americans start learning French! (And I think the French spend a lot more time doing it too!) But you know, even if you do use English poorly, you're in good company as do most of the English speaking population as well. So, don't worry about it, we're all friends here.
            sigpic

Comment

Take David for example. Have you seen the brief video where he speaks French to invite people to see him at a recent French con? It was dreamy.

Which video ? Which con ? this year ?

Comment

Here's the link.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Hiccups.

It was last year to the SciFi Con.

Comment

Sure. Yeah, you probably think his accent leaves something to be desired, but as an American, I think it's dreamy. Although it doesn't hurt that it's coming from him! (It wouldn't be nearly so dreamy if it came from someone I didn't like. )
                    sigpic

Comment

Sure. Yeah, you probably think his accent leaves something to be desired, but as an American, I think it's dreamy. Although it doesn't hurt that it's coming from him! (It wouldn't be nearly so dreamy if it came from someone I didn't like. )
                      Well, in my opinion his accent is definitely dreamy! I thought that David had a good French! I mean, when people asked him questions, he understood, which is I think quite difficult, especially when the people in question spoke fast.

About speaking English, I'm quite frustrated about it, you know, because I would LOVE to be fluent in this language.
                      I've got good marks in English... but still... I'm not satisfied at all. I mean, we only learn vocabulary, vocabulary and... vocabulary. We don't learn grammars, we don't practise, we don't "speak", so... It's kind of boring... (btw, we have two hours per week)
                      Most of all, speaking English is nowadays really important, much more important than speaking French.

Anyway, this won't stop me posting messages on Gateworld (♥)!
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's my newest Zelenka video. It was a winner at the Vancouver convention!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQxtnMO48Y

They played in just before David got on stage so as a fan I thought that was really cool!

I almost missed seeing the video. I was at a meet n greet that Patrick Currie, Dan Payne and David were at. David was first up on stage. By the time I got to the convention room the lights were out so I was trying to find my seat. I walk down one aisle and then realized I was in the wrong aisle so I started walking up the center aisle and all of a sudden Adam from Creation ask if I was there...a bit surreal..I was already walking towards the stage...timing couldn't have been anymore perfect - I waved and my friends behind me cheered and clap - okay so I was also a tad bit embarassed but it was all in good fun...Adam called me up on stage....he tried getting me to introduce the video but I was so off guard I totally missed the cue's and didn't realize it until I sat down...
                        sigpic

Comment

Brill vid Rose, I was just watching Quarentine last night and was suprised that was the first clip that showed Hope you had a great time
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks pookey!

Quarantine was one of the episodes that helped inspire the video!

The convention was alot of fun. Catching up with friends, meeting new people - all the talent was simply wonderful! Stargate really picked some wonderful actors, both in talent and as a person, for the shows. No wonder fans picked up on it and loved the shows so much!
                            sigpic

Comment

Great Vid Rose

Comment

I can certainly see why you picked that song--lots of matching clips to go along with the words. I left you a comment. Wonderful, simply wonderful! I loved the "Word from David Nykl" at the end. Hillarious. Congratulations.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X