Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a good and safe trip

Comment

My trip started with my car refusing to start (I was at my parents earlier this day) and a broken front light which I have to exchange tomorrow.
      My parents were at my sister, so my dad couldn't help me but he organised someone who started my car. There was too much gasoline in the pipes, according to the myn who helped me because my car was standing in the cold for four days, barely being moved. Hm. Not tooo satisfying. Hope my 360km trip tomorrow will be without problems.
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        My trip started with my car refusing to start (I was at my parents earlier this day) and a broken front light which I have to exchange tomorrow.
        My parents were at my sister, so my dad couldn't help me but he organised someone who started my car. There was too much gasoline in the pipes, according to the myn who helped me because my car was standing in the cold for four days, barely being moved. Hm. Not tooo satisfying. Hope my 360km trip tomorrow will be without problems.
        Zelenka will bring you luck! You must have an older car?

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Some lovely Zelenka *thunkin*

See you guys on Saturday. I am off with an all day and overnight with my youth group!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Have fun on your trips you two, I have to go back to work tonight

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              I got a 500 GB external hard drive - no reason to delete any files EVER again *bg* (OK, to be honest I wanted one to keep all my school related stuff safe, but maybe I will buy me myself a smaller one for the marks and official stuff, so I can keep the big one for music, pictures and anything which is NOT work-related).

My sister gave me a self made calendar with pictures of my niece - and my niece gave me her stupid cold (the worst gift so far ).
              Its a pity that she is so sweet that I just couldn't stop me from playing with her. I hope I can get rid of that cold before I drive to Zeeland/NL on Friday (I am still at my parents).
              My two-year-old nephew gave me his cold over Christmas. I call him 'my cute little germ-bomb' which makes him grin.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              You're welcome. Hope they made you feel better! I know they did me and I am not even sick!

Do you teach younger kids? When my daughter was younger, it seemed like she was bringing colds home all the time. Lovely germ pool schools are!

It's tough to wait, so I am very glad I have at least one. The one I have in my possesion that David signed, a friend got me and it was a total surprise and David gave me a really great autograph just like he did with your coke autograph. The guy knows how to personalize his autographs quite well!

Is it confirmed that David is coming next month to Peg3? I know he is going to try to make some US cons next year if he can. Though I really doubt I can make any of them. Dragon Con sounds fun, and those folks are trying hard to get him there, but it is a really big con (I like the smaller ones) and it is the weekend before school starts so getting my daughter ready for school is a tad bit more important.
              I keep hoping he will come to the con near here in February, but with the shooting schedule starting early, it's a long shot. Plus none of my friends here will go with me and I most certainly would not want to meet David without a little friendly support.
              If there's ever the chance, I'll volunteer as your friendly support. (And I'll need someone around so that I'll behave myself!)

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1500th post!!!!

My newest Radek fanfiction is here. It's the 2nd chapter of "How it should have been". Please note the content warnings. And one more thing: Radek gets killed
              Congrats on 1500 posts, Pajus!
              sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

My mum's had a sickness virus over christmas

Comment

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre View Post
                  If there's ever the chance, I'll volunteer as your friendly support. (And I'll need someone around so that I'll behave myself!)
                  Sounds good to me! You actually don't live THAT far from me. I'm in Minnesota.
                  I will help you behave if you can actually help me speak to him. I tend to get quite shy and I know I would have a hard time getting two words out to David, especially after all the *thunkin*

It's fun to meet other people on Gateworld and you never know when the opportunity happens!

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                  Have fun on your trips you two, I have to go back to work tonight
                  Thanks. I am back and boy am I exhausted!

Not too exhausted to enjoy alittle Zelenka *thunkin*

Last edited by Rosehawk; 29 December 2007, 10:40 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds good to me! You actually don't live THAT far from me. I'm in Minnesota.
                    I will help you behave if you can actually help me speak to him. I tend to get quite shy and I know I would have a hard time getting two words out to David, especially after all the *thunkin*

It's fun to meet other people on Gateworld and you never know when the opportunity happens!
                    And smut caption contests

Thanks. I am back and boy am I exhausted!

Not too exhausted to enjoy alittle Zelenka *thunkin*
                    How was the trip? Did you enjoy yourself properly? Spil!

PS: Might have another 'How it should have been' story for you today. Iolanda shouldn't have a problem with it this time. (I'll leave the discussion about the last one to PMs)

Comment

And smut caption contests
                      *snickers* yeah. Love those smut caption contests especially when Radek is involved!

Originally posted by Pajus
                      How was the trip? Did you enjoy yourself properly? Spil!
                      Yeah, it was fun but alot of hard work. My youth group is working very hard to raise funds to take a trip before they graduate from High School. They came up with a unique way to try to earn some funds and we were basically in a kitchen all day cooking and freezing stuff. The organization has some camp property with a kitchen that meets all the regulations so we worked all day. The Teens were fantastic. They worked really hard and got alot accomplished.
                      The property was really pretty. Until yesterday, I had only been there in the summer. There was snow everywhere and it was just beautiful. I was hoping that we could go cross-county skiing or snow-shoeing but everyone was pretty tired last night and this morning they slept in late and we had to be home by lunchtime cause the kids had other commitments.

PS: Might have another 'How it should have been' story for you today. Iolanda shouldn't have a problem with it this time. (I'll leave the discussion about the last one to PMs)
                      Cool. I am working on the other story you sent me. It is longer and I wanted to give it some quality time. With the Holidays and getting ready for the event yesterday, took up alot of my quiet time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was fun but alot of hard work. My youth group is working very hard to raise funds to take a trip before they graduate from High School. They came up with a unique way to try to earn some funds and we were basically in a kitchen all day cooking and freezing stuff. The organization has some camp property with a kitchen that meets all the regulations so we worked all day. The Teens were fantastic. They worked really hard and got alot accomplished.
                        The property was really pretty. Until yesterday, I had only been there in the summer. There was snow everywhere and it was just beautiful. I was hoping that we could go cross-county skiing or snow-shoeing but everyone was pretty tired last night and this morning they slept in late and we had to be home by lunchtime cause the kids had other commitments.
                        Reefgirl will be proud.

Cool. I am working on the other story you sent me. It is longer and I wanted to give it some quality time. With the Holidays and getting ready for the event yesterday, took up alot of my quiet time.
                        I have just realized that the 3rd chapter is longer that the first two combined (and it even packs more smut)

PS: The next chapter of 'How it should have been' is going to be really brutal and I'm not wondering why TPTBs decided to not show us this aspect of physics.

Comment

Reefgirl will be proud.
                          I'm honored! I think Reefgirl would have had fun with us.

I have just realized that the 3rd chapter is longer that the first two combined (and it even packs more smut)

PS: The next chapter of 'How it should have been' is going to be really brutal and I'm not wondering why TPTBs decided to not show us this aspect of physics.
                          Even more brutal? Wow!
                          I have a friend who is a physics teacher and she loves to go to movies and watch TV shows and see how much these shows alter the rules of physics to make creative stories for people to watch. You should have sat with her during LOTR's when they were in the cave before Gandolf fell. I had to keep telling her to shut up cause she was talking me through how the physics should have worked. It just wouldn't have had the same dramatic effect on the big screen.

I doubt TPTB are ignoring the aspects of physics, their primiary job is to tell a story on-screen that people will watch while trying to keep as close to the science as they can. Creativity and science don't always mesh perfectly together.
                          sigpic

Comment

Even more brutal? Wow!
                            I have a friend who is a physics teacher and she loves to go to movies and watch TV shows and see how much these shows alter the rules of physics to make creative stories for people to watch. You should have sat with her during LOTR's when they were in the cave before Gandolf fell. I had to keep telling her to shut up cause she was talking me through how the physics should have worked. It just wouldn't have had the same dramatic effect on the big screen.

I doubt TPTB are ignoring the aspects of physics, their primiary job is to tell a story on-screen that people will watch while trying to keep as close to the science as they can. Creativity and science don't always mesh perfectly together.
                            Let's just say that this time, they have neglected physics so severely, that even the most devoted followers of the holy TPTBs will begin to question them

Comment

That sounds really cool, I'd love to have done something like that
                              Reefgirl will be proud.
                              I am

Comment

Let's just say that this time, they have neglected physics so severely, that even the most devoted followers of the holy TPTBs will begin to question them
                                I look forward to reading it!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X