No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David found time out of his busy schedule to update his blog. He's on a bit of a filming break.

The scenery just makes me miss the West Coast alot. Some of the prettiest country is on the West Coast of Oregon, Washington and Canada!

I *cough, cough* borrowed the pic from David's blog. In spoilers due to size.
    Spoiler:

At least we know David can swim, even if Zelenka can't!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*THUNK*

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rosehawk, yeah that picture did help and I'm sure that picture has had the Lady Writers of Slash sharpening their pencils (To Quote Major Clanger )

Comment

David's spending a little vacation time swimming.

Too bad that means he won't be in 3 episodes, though.

At least David isn't spending his vacation like this.

Although he does look quite happy all bundled up.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            Thanks Rosehawk, yeah that picture did help and I'm sure that picture has had the Lady Writers of Slash sharpening their pencils (To Quote Major Clanger )
            Here, have another!

Spoiler:
            If I was into slash, these two would be at the top of the list. They certainly had some fun chemistry going on in The Game.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Spoiler:

Radek: I'm sorry, Major, but I don't think Elizabeth will agree to your proposal. She might if you bring Lt. Cadman...

Comment

*sigh* Just gotta love *THUNKIN*

sigpic

Comment

I apologize for interrupting the comforting session going on (I hope everything works out well for you guys!), but I had a Zelenka translation question.

There are a few video interviews/convention appearances of DN up at YouTube that are in Czech. Has anyone done translations on those? I'm sorry if this has already been answered or posted about, but I figured asking was faster than wading through 236 pages of posts (granted pages studded with lovely, lovely DN pictures, but still).

Thanks for any help you can give! I'm a newbie on the board and still trying to learn my way around. This is actually my first post other than to post my first attempt at an Atlantis fic (appropriately, staring Zelenka, as it turns out). And thank you for the translations posted here! They're a fun read. I'll have to explore the thread more fully!

Seti

Comment

Oooh nice pics Rosehawk and a nice caption Pajus

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                      I apologize for interrupting the comforting session going on (I hope everything works out well for you guys!), but I had a Zelenka translation question.
                      Welcome on board SETI_fan. Don't worry about interrupting, most of us have been on the thread awhile and it is fun to see some new people joining us. Beside Zelenka is quite comforting!!!!

There are a few video interviews/convention appearances of DN up at YouTube that are in Czech. Has anyone done translations on those? I'm sorry if this has already been answered or posted about, but I figured asking was faster than wading through 236 pages of posts (granted pages studded with lovely, lovely DN pictures, but still).
                      I think some of them have had translations done but most of them I don't think so. Klendota was at some of those cons and hopefully she can answer your question.

Thanks for any help you can give! I'm a newbie on the board and still trying to learn my way around. This is actually my first post other than to post my first attempt at an Atlantis fic (appropriately, staring Zelenka, as it turns out). And thank you for the translations posted here! They're a fun read. I'll have to explore the thread more fully!

Seti
                      Have fun and come back!

If you have specific translation questions, Pajus is on this thread alot and is great with giving translations. He helps us alot with some of the fanfics. And some of our other wonderful Czech friends visit us from time to time and help with translations as well!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Oooh nice pics Rosehawk and a nice caption Pajus
                        Thanks! I can't help it, I like to *THUNK* Radek!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Rosehawk! I'm happy to meet all of you. I've been watching Atlantis in a relative vacuum for the last year, so it's nice to have people to talk to about it! Zelenka is soothing to look at, definitely. *happy sigh* Zelenka, Beckett, McKay...How did I luck onto a show with so many sexy scientists?

I'll have to look around and see if I can find those translations. The one that made me most curious was the most recent (I think) one where I picked out the phrases "cryptozoolog", "Okanagan", and "Ogopogo". Being interested in cryptozoology myself, I'm really curious how that came up! I think I heard somewhere that David goes diving, so that's the best context I can figure out.

Again, nice to meet you guys! I think it's great that there is a Czech audience out there. I love languages and learning about other cultures. To get to do that while talking about sci-fi? Priceless.

Seti

Comment

Re the translations, one of us will go and give Pajus a kick and tell him to get himself over here to answer your question

Comment

Hi seti fan. I'm not 100% sure but you might be referring to David's interview for Czech Con Festival of Fantazie 2007.

He was talking about his latest project "The Beast of Bottomless Lake", a feature film about the Ogopogo (the infamous sea creature reported to inhabit Okanagan Lake). He's playing a cryptozoologist who leads an expedition to find the creature.
                              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SETI_fan: I don´t think the videos on youtube have translations or subtitles. But David allowed me and few my collegues from our SGA site make an interview with him.
                                One my friend works at English subtitles but I didn´t speak with him for some time so I can ask him how far did he get. I can link you the original but since is it in Czech, I doubt you would have something from that.

He spoke about his latest movie, he plays Cryptozoologist (I had no idea something like that exists) and it´s about looking for some type of "Nessie" in Okanagan Lake.
                                He spoke about Atlantis, too. He should have (or use) stunner in Tabula Rasa and he will save the day in Quarantine

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X