No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still sad that people pull that kind of stuff.

I am fortune that for only the second time in my career, I have a boss who is extremely supportive of me and the people in my department. When people complain, he doesn't jump to the worse conclusions. He hears both sides and then the sh*t will hit the fan. He's hard on us in the department because he expects alot but he works hard to be fair.

Oh goody, more pics of David. Can I snurch? I just love his smile!
    Are you going to share your hugging photo?!!!!
    Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    Me again. My friend sent me few more photos of David, I chose the best.

Spoiler:

This one is from photosession, when David looked out of the window from room where the photosession was set. My hugging photo with him still didn´t come...I wonder what are they doing there

Spoiler:
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Lucky you Rosehawk, hopefully my boss is getting his balls back and will stand up for us

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Oh goody, more pics of David. Can I snurch? I just love his smile!
        Are you going to share your hugging photo?!!!!
        Of course, you can It´s the reason I posted them here

I will share but I got a mail today. They had some trouble with the photos so it will take some time before they will send them

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Lucky you Rosehawk, hopefully my boss is getting his balls back and will stand up for us
          Hope it goes well for you on Monday. If you can't have confidence in the boss, then it is time to do something else.
          What's was your old job, versus what you are doing now?

Originally posted by Klenotka
          Of course, you can It´s the reason I posted them here
          Cool, thanks. Just wanted to check since you said a friend sent them to you. David really likes that shirt doesn't he? I think it is the same shirt on his blog when he was filming that movie back in May and I know he wore it at another con.
          Geez, look at me know, I am actually noticing things like this! Too much David/Radek thunkin?
          Nahhh, I don't think so!

*THUNK*

I will share but I got a mail today. They had some trouble with the photos so it will take some time before they will send them
          Well that's just the pits! Look forward to seeing the pic with you with David!
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 August 2007, 01:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Hope it goes well for you on Monday. If you can't have confidence in the boss, then it is time to do something else.
            What's was your old job, versus what you are doing now?
            My actual boss is Tony, he's the one that pays me as opposed to Jan, she's the one who run's the public restaurent that I spend my time working in, she doesn't pay me and I should't really have to answer to her.

My old job was to cook for the military nurses who work at night, about a year ago, because Jan had trouble getting any chef to work in the evening, she had problems keeping chef's period, they decided to combine the post of Twilight Chef (My old position) with the vacent evening job in the public restaurent, she's gone through 9 chefs in 3 years. The thing is, I don't get any extra pay for doing two jobs.

Comment

My actual boss is Tony, he's the one that pays me as opposed to Jan, she's the one who run's the public restaurent that I spend my time working in, she doesn't pay me and I should't really have to answer to her.

My old job was to cook for the military nurses who work at night, about a year ago, because Jan had trouble getting any chef to work in the evening, she had problems keeping chef's period, they decided to combine the post of Twilight Chef (My old position) with the vacent evening job in the public restaurent, she's gone through 9 chefs in 3 years. The thing is, I don't get any extra pay for doing two jobs.
              That sucks

Comment

Yeah and a fact that Tony is taking into concideration I think, he muttered something about it on friday and something I am going to bring up tomorrow, it's time to make a stand I think, I love a fruitless gesture

Comment

Sounds like there is a problem with her if they have gone through that many chefs. I can never understand why management lets people who treat others so poorly stay in positions where they have an influence over others. It creates more work in the long run, it's bad for business and people get hurt in the process.
                  I am glad I work with a big enough company that I can make some good choices without leaving the company if that ever happens to me again.

And just because I love *thunkin* Radek and Grace Under Pressure was on yesterday!

sigpic

Comment

Okay, one last thunk before I sign off!

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like there is a problem with her if they have gone through that many chefs. I can never understand why management lets people who treat others so poorly stay in positions where they have an influence over others. It creates more work in the long run, it's bad for business and people get hurt in the process.
                      I am glad I work with a big enough company that I can make some good choices without leaving the company if that ever happens to me again.

And just because I love *thunkin* Radek and Grace Under Pressure was on yesterday!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...a/ZE214_26.jpg
                      The problem is she's a bully, she's got the younger staff members so terrified of losing their jobs that they won't say anything, it seems if she hasn't had at least 2 of them in tears it's been a bad day and the managment stick together, from the big boss down (I actually accused her of this on friday over the phone) and this company has always had a problem with discipline they don't want to do it, last time we had a problem with a member of staff it took an official complaint to actually get them to do something and then they never sacked the bloke just moved him to another unit. That could be what happens to me, I'm going to be seen as a trouble maker and they'll move me because they can't sack me and they can't bully me out

Comment

The problem is she's a bully, she's got the younger staff members so terrified of losing their jobs that they won't say anything, it seems if she hasn't had at least 2 of them in tears it's been a bad day and the managment stick together, from the big boss down (I actually accused her of this on friday over the phone) and this company has always had a problem with discipline they don't want to do it, last time we had a problem with a member of staff it took an official complaint to actually get them to do something and then they never sacked the bloke just moved him to another unit. That could be what happens to me, I'm going to be seen as a trouble maker and they'll move me because they can't sack me and they can't bully me out
                        Hugs Reefgirl. I know these situations are not easy.

Alot of companies just move the bullies or slackers into a different position, or they get promoted.

I had a boss that was bullying me once. I had networked so well with other managers and I did excellent work that he couldn't pull alot of crap on me. I was the one who always volunteered to take on the new and hard stuff when everyone else in my department said no. When we got a new plant manager and realigned, my strengths became my curse because I got put in a business unit where he was leading it and he would have had alot more control over me and my work, in fact he was trying to make me data entry person with my education, knowledge, length of service and skill set, knowing I would be totally bored and overqualified. He was totally shocked when I got a job with a different division at a higher pay grade than where I was at. I loved the job I had but it wasn't worth the part of me I was going to lose by staying there.

Have a double *THUNK*
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 06 August 2007, 07:05 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well nothing came of my carpeting all that happened was Jan ignored me for the whole of the session (How you can carpet someone and ignore them at the same time is something I'm still trying to work out) My boss Tony got in some quite nasty little digs at her (I feel a power struggle coming on) Jan whinged for about 10 minutes on how she's working hard in the kitchen because Phil (the chef) is off and blah, blah, blah (I'd switched off by this point) and then it turned into a menu planning session yeah I'm still trying to get my head around that too. I think I annoyed her more when she suggested dishes for me to try and I said "Done it already the customers didn't like it" gave Tony a laugh tho So all in all I still have a job, not sure whether I'm pleased about that or I should be heading for the tranquilizers

Comment

Have another *double thunk*

You don't need tranqulizers when you have these guys to look at!

I'm glad it went okay, even if it was somewhat confusing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lorne: *thinks: You are soooooo beautiful, Radek*

Radek: *thinks: The way he's looking at me can only mean one thing... Does he know I'm already with Elizabeth???*

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Lorne: *thinks: You are soooooo beautiful, Radek*

Radek: *thinks: The way he's looking at me can only mean one thing... Does he know I'm already with Elizabeth???*

Lorne is probably trying to get on Radek's good side so he can join them!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X