Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
    >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

"A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Hmm, now I wonder who this is with David...?

sigpic
            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post

Glad you're enjoying at least some of it. Has it been helpfully inspiring for your fic yet?
              Yes, it has. Thank you very much!
              Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
              sigpic
              Lady Pandora
              Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Pics like this make me really want to cheer him up... somehow...
                I'm sure we could find some way to cheer him up....
                sigpic
                Lady Pandora

Comment

Oooh... picspam!
                  sigpic
                  Lady Pandora

Comment

jealous!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Lady Pandora

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
                      Yes, it has. Thank you very much!
                      Good good! Glad to help!

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

jealous!!!!!
                        I was nervous the whole weekend!

Woo! Take it off!

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

David is a bit wild, isn't he? lol!
                          sigpic
                          Lady Pandora

Comment

*swoon* such an adorable pic!

Any more suggestions for music more on the pop side of things, maybe stuff that would have been around mid-80s to mid-90s?

Would also like some British pop/rock popular from around then if you have recommendations.

I have Roxette & Ace of Base... those were European groups that hit the US scene late 80s to early 90s. trying to give Radek & my character some diversification. lol!
                            sigpic
                            Lady Pandora

Comment

In fanfic Radek has listened to everything from classical to metal, so I figure I can do what I want. Lol! I did include a classical Czech composer at one point.... something that would remind him of childhood/youth. (at least in my story!)
                              sigpic
                              Lady Pandora

Comment

*swoon* such an adorable pic!

Any more suggestions for music more on the pop side of things, maybe stuff that would have been around mid-80s to mid-90s?
                                Now, that you may have to leave with me for a bit, but I'll see what I can dig up...

Would also like some British pop/rock popular from around then if you have recommendations.
                                Well, the first thing to pop into my mind on that front is Genesis. I'm sure you know them, right?
                                Others that jump out at me are:
                                Big Country
                                David Bowie
                                Nik Kershaw
                                Oh, and there's Queen. Everyone loves a bit of Queen!

I also like to think that Radek (and Rodney, for that matter) would like the Canadian rock band Rush - clever/intelligent lyrics, sometimes with science-y type themes.

I have Roxette & Ace of Base... those were European groups that hit the US scene late 80s to early 90s. trying to give Radek & my character some diversification. lol!
                                Those I'm not sure about either, but maybe these pages may help:
                                Similar to Roxette
                                Similar to Ace of Base

(Yes, Last.fm is my go-to music source! )

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X