John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    I know a lot of folks feel the way you do and I'm in the minority for this one! I didn't much care for the Ori storyline on SG1, yet I enjoyed Ark of Truth! Continuum was ok, but it just wasn't the classic SG1 I though it'd be. I can't even tell you why I was disappointed. Well, I could tell you some things, perhaps, but it'd be horribly off topic for here!
    I totally understand. We all have our own particular likes and dislikes which is what makes life interesting.

Well, Kavan just said that this time last year 150 or something around that figure.. maybe 170? movies were in production. This year it's 6 or 7. That says it all really and it's a worrying time for actors. I'm not certain how Kavan had heard this information about the SGA movie. It might be from one of the full time cast. He didn't say the person who'd approached him had said that and didn't offer how he knew.

I'm not surprised JM hasn't mentioned it though. He does have to be careful what he says. But don't forget JM also was most unhappy that none of the cast had been signed. He wasn't happy about that at all, and it certainly concerned him. (JM has always said the budget for season 5 was ok, when I've read several online media people and actors AND directors saying there have been budgetary issues in season 5). Personally? I totally believe Kavan. It makes sense from other things I've heard from actors about MGM etc. But as Ali said, Kavan didn't say it wasn't going ahead, just that it had been postponed because of the situation out there at the moment and hopefully it would go ahead later in the year, but there was no news at present that he's aware of.
    All of Hollywood is only making 6-7 movies this year? We have more production companies than that. I wonder if he means movies shooting in Canada or something. I hope I didn't imply I thought he was lying about what he'd been told. I was just wondering how reliable his information was. I would surprise me that a recurring cast actor would be told it was temporarily shelved while the executive producer is working on the script. Then again, as you say, JM might not be able to mention those kinds of things.

Did anyone going to Bedford submit a question to Joe or Jason about filming the movie? It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

re. the movie being shelved: I did notice that while Kavan had said on the Saturday that it was shelved, Paul was still talking on the Sunday about it filming in the summer. Yes, Kavan did seem to speak with a bit more authority, but, still...

(too tired to properly catch up, so have just skimmed - sorry if I've missed important stuff. Started feeling rather ill on the way home this morning. Too tired to really write up con - others have already done it, anyway. Cats very very cross with me for leaving them with Big Scary Monster for 3 days. Own bed calls. )

Comment

Oh do post your piccies!

I share Squonk's problems! Chris was kneeling for my photo shoot!
        Hee nice to know I'm not the only short one! Posing with Jason may present similar problems!

Did Bryan say anything about a P5 - found out I can transfer my P4 ticket to another Wolf event - may just simply try and let someone else use it.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh do post your piccies!

I share Squonk's problems! Chris was kneeling for my photo shoot!
          *giggle*...well at least you didn't have BamBam call you Stretch!!!!..:eek
          Last edited by bebop; 26 January 2009, 08:13 AM.
          sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
            Hee nice to know I'm not the only short one! Posing with Jason may present similar problems!

Did Bryan say anything about a P5 - found out I can transfer my P4 ticket to another Wolf event - may just simply try and let someone else use it.
            No P5. Next year's event will be Stargate Worlds, and will be SGA, SG-1 and SGU all merged together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              All of Hollywood is only making 6-7 movies this year? We have more production companies than that. I wonder if he means movies shooting in Canada or something. I hope I didn't imply I thought he was lying about what he'd been told. I was just wondering how reliable his information was. I would surprise me that a recurring cast actor would be told it was temporarily shelved while the executive producer is working on the script. Then again, as you say, JM might not be able to mention those kinds of things.
              If I remember correctly, what Kavan said was that in the September - November period of 2007, there were c.170 movies in production in the LA area and that in the same period in 2008, there were only about 6-7. He said movie studios have greenlit plenty of projects (as in, have agreed to do them) but they are just holding off on spending the money and putting them into production right now - they're kinda waiting a bit to see how the economy and industry goes etc.

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
              No P5. Next year's event will be Stargate Worlds, and will be SGA, SG-1 and SGU all merged together.
              As Rhymer said, no P5 - there will be a Wolf con in January but it will be a general Stargate coin covering SG1, SGA and SGU. Personally, I'll wait and see what the guest6 list is before deciding on going... I won't bother unless there's SGA guests I particularly want to see, as I just wouldn't be interested in seeing SG1 and SGU guests. Nothing against those people or shows - it's just SGA is the only Stargate show I am fannish about.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                If I remember correctly, what Kavan said was that in the September - November period of 2007, there were c.170 movies in production in the LA area and that in the same period in 2008, there were only about 6-7. He said movie studios have greenlit plenty of projects (as in, have agreed to do them) but they are just holding off on spending the money and putting them into production right now - they're kinda waiting a bit to see how the economy and industry goes etc.

As Rhymer said, no P5 - there will be a Wolf con in January but it will be a general Stargate coin covering SG1, SGA and SGU. Personally, I'll wait and see what the guest6 list is before deciding on going... I won't bother unless there's SGA guests I particularly want to see, as I just wouldn't be interested in seeing SG1 and SGU guests. Nothing against those people or shows - it's just SGA is the only Stargate show I am fannish about.
                I hear you. There's not that many people from SG-1 I'm interested in meeting, although I'm looking forward to seeing Colin C at Chevron - because he's been in a few things and apparently is a riot.

I believe Kavan's wife is in casting or production - so he seems to have a good source in the industry...
                sigpic

Comment

I believe Kavan's wife is in casting or production - so he seems to have a good source in the industry...
                  Oh man, you just reminded me! He claimed in his stage talk that his wife is a truck driver and that he met her when she picked him up while he was hitch-hiking in Afghanistan!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    Oh man, you just reminded me! He claimed in his stage talk that his wife is a truck driver and that he met her when she picked him up while he was hitch-hiking in Afghanistan!!
                    Kavan seems to have a few stories on how he met his wife - I've heard he met her in Morocco (imho - spouses and kids are in the 'none of my business' category unless people choose to share - I'm always amazed at how much DH talks about his family).
                    sigpic

Comment

Kavan seems to have a few stories on how he met his wife - I've heard he met her in Morocco (imho - spouses and kids are in the 'none of my business' category unless people choose to share - I'm always amazed at how much DH talks about his family).
                      Oh he is a total wind-up merchant and said several times that when he's asked questions in stage talks he often lies or makes stuff up!
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone remember me?

I think people have to realise MGM isn't doing great at the moment. The rumour is it simply couldn't afford to produce two shows, so SGA went. Also as has been mentioned before, they wanted to do movies as they're more cost effective. However, common sense says SG1 has had two movies direct to DVD before and they've sold incredibly well. It's proven in that format. Thus with RDA starring in the new SG1 movie, they're going to go with that rather than SGA at the moment as far as is known. Sure, the SGA dvd's sell well, but on dvd movie format, SG1 is proven.
                        I know when we spoke to David and Joe in the summer they were saying things were bad then. So it doesn't surprise me, and yet they're still trying out something risky... I think they might be surprised at how well SGA does on movie format. The thing for me is that SG1 has always been their baby, and SGA is now the middle child...

No. I am not bothered about an SG1 movie, personally. So no toes have been stepped on here. But, SG1 has a proven track record on DVD in a movie format. Hopefully SGA would sell incredibly well too. But it's a bit of an unknown. It's common sense to go with the show for a movie that has done well already in that format. It doesn't make me personally happy. But, I'm an Atlantis fan through and through and not a business woman.
                        I honestly don't know how MGM market their shows, maybe they're hoping that the nich is still there? They've in a sense shelved a tried and tested product for SGU, yet aren't willing/or can't do that for SGA. it's just too much like double standards. And I honestly don't know how they can afford SGU particularly as BW said how expensive it was going to be to finance... and yet..

I may not be in the movie business, but I do know how to run a business and shelving a perfectly good product for something brand new? Well, glad its not my money! Yes I am still bitter and twisted about things.

Chris H is wonderful. A lovely guy. Very intelligent, thoughtful and a good laugh. I totally loved him to bits. He was so thoughtful in his observations about Todd and Sheppard's relationship, IMO. And he was great with fans. This was his first con, and he was such a pro!
                        Oh I so wished I could have gone. I really missed you guys, and so wanted to meet CH. I saw the clip Bebop sent round and it just made me want to go even more. I think he's got some great insight, and I loved the way he thought about the little things. Great stuff. Damn shame the likelihood of me meeting him is now zero. Stupid Boss, what a biatch she is... oh wait that's me.

It sounds as if you all had a fantastic time.. i'm not really jealous at all, nope nope nope..
                        Spoiler:
                        *tries not to throw a hissy fit*

I think when times are tough, projects get delayed until business's get a clearer indictation of what's happening. They don't want to over-extend themselves. SGU is apparently cheaper to make. TPTB also seem to think SGA had run out of storylines. (Andy Mikita expressed this in an interview recently. He said he thought PM and JM would have struggled to fill 20 spots for season 6). So, MGM et al consider SGU the future of the franchise on TV. Whether they're right or not, time will tell.
                        I'm sure the fans would have helped.

Shep beat up
                        Shep shot
                        Shep stabbed
                        Shep in a comma
                        Shep with hypothermia
                        Shep tortured....
                        Shep nekkid and ginger caked..
                        I could go on.

No, Joe wouldn't have been happy, from what I know of him. Work isn't in plentiful supply out there at the moment and he was pretty certain a sixth season was going ahead. He's very loyal to the show and proud of it so he would have been very upset, I'd guess. SGA was good money, and a secure job in a very insecure industry. I know Joe didn't like being away from his family and found the travelling hard and was very tired because of doing that, (to be clear, this isn't heresay, he told us that directly), but he loved his job and I read all the actors were surprised, upset and annoyed about the cancellation.
                        Agreed, bless him he was ready for a break and going back and forth all the time is exhausting. I hope he finds something close to home. I think he'd be great in the new NCIS spinoff. And think of the whump.

I don't need much sleep so I can keep going all night like the energiser bunny... so can SheppyD, Listy and Bebop! But, there's no fun in going to bed when you can be dancing and having fun!
                        I'd have been cranky. Sounds like you had an absolute blast. And Ali, the costume looked great!

Yeah! How come? He's so asking for it!
                        Poor little rich boy. *giggles* Oh yes everyone's a whumper.

Well, we could. But I don't ask him things any more. I don't dislike JM at all, though I don't always like what he posts on his blog or agree with what he says or how he words things. But he most likely would feel the same way about my posts!
                        Personally, he was very charming and sweet, and actually quite handsome, IMO. Not that looks have anything to do with anything... But, he never answers my questions and he thinks I'm a whining Sheppard fan... something Joe F and I have in common. We might be polite, but we love a good whine!

But he might not want to answer or be in a position to anyway. It's worth a try, but the situation was made pretty clear at the con. I'm just hopeful that the movie will go ahead as soon as the financial situation clears up or is sorted out.
                        He was very lovely with us, wasn't he, and he genuinely is a nice person. he just likes to give as good as he gets. I think he knows how much we care, and how passionate we are,a nd that we get annoyed when things don't go our way. But he's been very good to the whumpers, and I honestly feel sorry for him and some of the others. I know it's the nature of the beast, but it still hurts.

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                        Chris saying 'John Sheppard'!!!....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOBqWQ_4g8
                        Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh thanks hon. Tis much appreciated. I hope you didn't get a new dinner buddy while you were at P4. What will I do at Chevron?

Oh I just remembered another funny story, but I can't remember if anyone told it already! So sorry if I'm repeating it.

I can't even remember whether it was BamBam or Kavan or Chuck who told the story!

Basically it's about firing P90's. HEHE!

Well, apparently the blanks cost $2 EACH! So, with budget issues, obviously sometimes the cast and directors are asked to not have the cast firing too many shots because of the cost. So, some directors are very good at this. Others not so much... Andy Mikita cough.... Certain actors are instructed to not fire freely but to be sparing with the ammo... to which Joe just fires non stop and grins wickedly totally ignoring the cost of the shells, firing at will, as the ammo man stands there going '2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12!!!!!' etc.

He just stands there shooting everything and then fires off more shots for good measure! Shame other cast members don't shoot Sheppard with such glee!
                        *giggles*

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        That is great!! Thanks for sharing!

What fun!!! I can just picture the grin!!!!

**runs off to work in the snow that we weren't supposed to have**

*has naughty thoughts about stripping sheppy out of his clothes so he doesn't get hypothermia with all that snow about. Oh wait, what am I saying? I mean get him wet then strip him off!!! Silly muppet.

Have fun hon.

Comment

Okay...

I totally messed up my P4 costume, a, in bothering spending two whole days making it in the first place, on the understanding that almost everyone would be in costume, and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie not in costume, when in reality hardly anyone was is costume; then, b, in not signing up for the costume competition on the assumption that there would be hundreds of wonderful entries and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie, with the consequence that, c, by the time I realised that there were only a small number of entries and that it might actually be quite fun (if terrifying), being told that it was Too Late and I couldn't enter.

But since I had fun making my costume accessories, and that some of them are vaguely whumpy (refs to Common Ground and the Eye), here's a link to all the paperwork my character carried:

http://rhymer23.livejournal.com/54496.html

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                            Okay...

I totally messed up my P4 costume, a, in bothering spending two whole days making it in the first place, on the understanding that almost everyone would be in costume, and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie not in costume, when in reality hardly anyone was is costume; then, b, in not signing up for the costume competition on the assumption that there would be hundreds of wonderful entries and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie, with the consequence that, c, by the time I realised that there were only a small number of entries and that it might actually be quite fun (if terrifying), being told that it was Too Late and I couldn't enter.

But since I had fun making my costume accessories, and that some of them are vaguely whumpy (refs to Common Ground and the Eye), here's a link to all the paperwork my character carried:

http://rhymer23.livejournal.com/54496.html
                            Oh that's a wonderful costume hon, its a shame you didn't wear it... you know there's always Chev 7.2 I think it's beautiful and you look very elegant. i love the old fashioned costumes and embroidery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                              Oh that's a wonderful costume hon, its a shame you didn't wear it... you know there's always Chev 7.2 I think it's beautiful and you look very elegant. i love the old fashioned costumes and embroidery.
                              Thanks! I did wear it; I just didn't enter the comp - and also felt a bit foolish being one of the only people in costume in the audience for the comp. Its main advantage was to hide the fact that my feet didn't have a clue where to go in the con dances.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                                Anyone remember me?

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh thanks hon. Tis much appreciated. I hope you didn't get a new dinner buddy while you were at P4. What will I do at Chevron?
                                PEG!!!!!!....*tackle hug*.

I missed you at the con lovely.... I can't wait to see you at Chevron!!..
                                We pigged out dined out on Sat night and I was joined by the fabby Listy for lunch on Sat and Sunday.
                                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Working...
                                X