John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
    Thanks for clearing up a few points Linzi. I know the SAG thing isn't entirely to blame but it's not helping the situation either.
    No worries. I do think the SAG situation is causing a lot of jitters, and it's not a great time for there to be jitters. So much of business is confidence, and there really isn't time or place for a strike now, IMO. Let's hope there isn't
    I still think BW's handling of SGA's cancellation was demeaning and very poorly done. Five years ago SGA was his new baby but....one he'd obviously grown tired of fairly quickly. Hence the passing of it off to JM and PM. I was left with the feeling that he really didn't care if it lived or died. I guess he won't be too upset if the movie doesn't go ahead as long as the SG-1 one does and SGU is a total success.
    I totally agree about BW's handling of the situation. It was a PR nightmare, IMO I don't like the snide comments about how they're determined to get it right with SGU. Some of us thought they'd got a lot right with SGA!
    Originally posted by Astraldust;9642764
    One small point if Kavan is right then why are they working on the Atlantis set as reported last week by Creation????? [URL="http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm"
    http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm[/URL]. Or have Creation got their facts wrong?

Thanks for the link bebop. John Shepppaaaaaarddddd loved it.
    Well he said temporarily shelved. Which it has been or it would be scheduled for filming by now. The fact that it's reported that the set is being altered/expanded is good, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going ahead, alas. Sometimes companies cut their losses and pull the plug even if sets are being built. But, hopefully the movie will be going ahead in the summer. I'm concerned, but I haven't given up hope
    Originally posted by Lorr View Post
    Thank you!

Linzi, thanks for your great insights. I kind of guessed the movie would be postponed anyway. Fronting $7+M for a movie, even though it has very good prospects of returning a profit just didn't seem to be on the books.
    My guess is they're spending an awful lot on SGU at the moment and want to get that sorted out first. Then, hopefully they'll see what's left in the kitty and think about SGA!

I bought the last two SG1 movies,
    Spoiler:
    but was not very impressed with either of them. I can understand the need to wrap up the Ori, but going back to Baal yet again was very disappointing for me. It felt like they just wanted to toss something out there. I will need to hear that the next one is outstanding before I touch it.

I know, though, that JM & AM would put a lot of thought and effort into the SGA movie, so it would have been well worth it.
    I saw them both on Sky over here, so I didn't need to buy them. I rather liked Ark of Truth, but wasn't so keen on Continuum. It was fine, but not brilliant, IMO. I'll watch the next one of Sky too!

The way things are going, we will soon have nothing but "reality" programming and "news" magazine shows.
    They're cheap to make and some viewers seem to love them. Alas I seem to be in the minority in loathing them.

Anyway, I'd better get to work. I normally get up at 5:30, but woke at 4:00, couldn't get back to sleep so got up at 4:45. I'm going to be tired tonight!

I hope eveeryone has a good day!
    Bye! Take care and have a good day!
    One last thought - about SAG. The board/committee/whatever can recommend a strike, but the members have to vote to strike. I seriously doubt they will get enough members wanting to walk out in this financial climate. Fingers crossed.
    I hope they don't strike. It'd be like cutting off your nose to spite your face at the moment. Hopefully, if there is a vote the members will vote no strike.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
      Chris saying 'John Sheppard'!!!....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOBqWQ_4g8
      That was great!!!
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Oh I just remembered another funny story, but I can't remember if anyone told it already! So sorry if I'm repeating it.

I can't even remember whether it was BamBam or Kavan or Chuck who told the story!

Basically it's about firing P90's. HEHE!

Well, apparently the blanks cost $2 EACH! So, with budget issues, obviously sometimes the cast and directors are asked to not have the cast firing too many shots because of the cost. So, some directors are very good at this. Others not so much... Andy Mikita cough.... Certain actors are instructed to not fire freely but to be sparing with the ammo... to which Joe just fires non stop and grins wickedly totally ignoring the cost of the shells, firing at will, as the ammo man stands there going '2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12!!!!!' etc.

He just stands there shooting everything and then fires off more shots for good measure! Shame other cast members don't shoot Sheppard with such glee!
        Joe likes his gun!
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

One last thought - about SAG. The board/committee/whatever can recommend a strike, but the members have to vote to strike. I seriously doubt they will get enough members wanting to walk out in this financial climate. Fingers crossed.
          If they did then I believe they'd be cutting their own throats. The only trouble is the producers know this and can use the situation to their own advantage. Once again feeding the hands of a few who get richer and richer. I think Hollywood has to get real and stop paying a certain class of actor the megabucks. I for one would much rather see a movie staring a modest paid Joe Flanigan then one staring the mega paid Tom Cruise. (Apologies to any TC fans but IMHO the man just ain't worth 25+ million bucks). Of course the producers would say the name gets the audience. Unfortunately that is party true but the content is just as important. I've endured TC movies because I liked the content (The Last Samurai and World of the Worlds). Everyone has to start somewhere but I believe given the chance Joe could become a much bigger star. Whether he'd want to or not is another matter.

I'm still hopeful that the SGA movie will eventually go ahead. The question is when??? Let's face it if Hollywood doesn't make so many movies or TV shows anymore then they will be losing one of their biggest dollar earners. I'm optimistic that this is just a bad period they're going through and things will eventually pick-up again.
          sigpic

Comment

Loving the convention talk!!! Thanks so much for those stories!! Sounds like you guys had a hoot

Ali, you looked gorgeous

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
            Who has the siggy with the Camaro that says "Boulevard of Broken dreams"? Sweeeet.

I have to ask this..........How does Chris Heyerdahl know Joe's a good kisser?!?!? Enquiring minds want to know!

Let me know when SGAFan's fic is completed so I can read it.

P4 sounds like it was tons of fun! And I want to see the Teyla outfit also. How was Paul McGillion? He's a doll....really enjoyed meeting him.

Today's one of those days where I'll be inside all day......so it may be SGA time. Maybe hubby will want to see the last episodes today? Maybe he'll find time to fit me into his life today.

IHS
            This one?

Made by Luciana

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
            "Conversion" Shep! Even his mutating hands are hot! I love that "Look! I made a new friend" expression too. *sigh*

IHS

ETA: You would not believe what hubby just said to me.
            Spoiler:
            "You need to go to a Con that Joe Flanigan will appear at! But closer than CANADA."
            That would be awesome IHS!

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
            Remnants sig
            Spoiler:
            http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq298/Snowball_1690/Sigs/remnats.png
            That's great!!!

I'm being hesitent with the movie. I'll wait and see
            Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
            Save Our Seeker!
            LotS on LJ.

Comment

The way things are going, we will soon have nothing but "reality" programming and "news" magazine shows.
              Oh goodness!! That would be a nightmare and the end of TV as we know it.

Linzi you're not alone, I hate them too. Over here BIG BROTHER is pushed down our throats as the greatest programme and people actually watch it.
              sigpic

Comment

That's just scary - and that's the reason I really don't watch TV (especially since I don't want to pay for cable).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                  Chris saying 'John Sheppard'!!!....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOBqWQ_4g8
                  That is great!! Thanks for sharing!

Oh I just remembered another funny story, but I can't remember if anyone told it already! So sorry if I'm repeating it.

I can't even remember whether it was BamBam or Kavan or Chuck who told the story!

Well, apparently the blanks cost $2 EACH! So, with budget issues, obviously sometimes the cast and directors are asked to not have the cast firing too many shots because of the cost. So, some directors are very good at this. Others not so much... Andy Mikita cough.... Certain actors are instructed to not fire freely but to be sparing with the ammo... to which Joe just fires non stop and grins wickedly totally ignoring the cost of the shells, firing at will, as the ammo man stands there going '2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12!!!!!' etc.

He just stands there shooting everything and then fires off more shots for good measure! Shame other cast members don't shoot Sheppard with such glee!
                  What fun!!! I can just picture the grin!!!!

**runs off to work in the snow that we weren't supposed to have**
                  sigpic

Comment

Woooo! Am finally back home from the Con - feel absolutely shattered but it was such a great weekend and I had a fab time. The guests were great, the fellow con-goers were fab, I took pictures, got autographs, dressed up in costume, had photoshoots done, did some con dances.... it was awesome!

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                    Thanks for the stuff about Joe - I hate to think of him as whiny
                    Kavan talked about David whining at the NJ con - they probably all do it!
                    The guests were very much being cheeky and tongue-in-cheek when talking about other cast members - BamBam's comments about Joe whining and him telling him to "suck it up" were very much joking in nature. I wish I could replicate his impersonation of Jason taking the mickey out of Joe... he was saying if Joe started complaining about getting hurt on a stunt or something either he (BamBam) would tell Joe to shut up or Jason would start going "Myehmyehmyehmyehmyeh.." in a whiney vice (like a kid teasing another kid, doing like a whiney impression of them as if to say, "Oh, get the violins out!" sort of thing! ) and then Joe would kinda grumble, "Oh okay then.." and stop complaining! It was really funny!

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                    OMG! He did that at VanCon last year, it is so freakin' funny! He does a GREAT Nicholson and a really funny but pretty spot on Flanigan as well! LOL!!!
                    Yeah, Chuck mentioned that he'd done it before - and Joe's reaction to that!

I thought Chuck sounded exactly like Nicholson! I think all of the other actors overdo Joe's voice and it doesn't sound exactly like him, but it's still very funny, IMO. I know this story's been told before, but Chuck did say that Joe is a good sport about it all. Joe obviously saw Chuck's impersonation of him on YouTube. So, Chuck is walking through the lot, Joe is standing there leaning on a wall, as he does, and he spies Chuck, looks up from what he was doing, and motions with his finger for Chuck to come over. He looks at Chuck, tells him he's seen his impersonation of him on YouTube. Chuck is feeling a little concerned... but Joe just says, "It was very funny!" and gets back to his reading.
                    Yeah, that was brilliant! Chuck kinda acted it out too - saying Joe was just leaning against a wall, looking really cool, as he does, and playing with his iPhone and that he caught sight of Chuck out of the corner of his eye and, without speaking or even looking up from the iPhone, just crooked his finger as if to say, "Get over here!" And Chuck kinda went over thinking, "Uhoh, I'm in trouble!" And Joe kinda wound him up a bit saying he'd seen that Chuck had been doing an impression of him... but then let him off the hook, saying he'd thought it was very funny!

Kavan wasn't speculating about the movie, he said it as fact. But, things could change or might have already and he might not know about it. But he was definite that the movie had been temporarily shelved because of the financial climate and that they'd be looking at the situation towards the summer.

[snip]

Nope. Not speculation. It was offered as fact. But things could have changed recently. It wasn't a definite 'no' for the movie. The exact wording was that the movie had been 'shelved' for the time being because of the financial climate and that it would be looked at again before the summer when MGM would have an idea how things were going. Kavan said it was understandable as it's pretty bleak out there at the moment, which I'm sure we're all aware of.
                    From what I recall, Kavan said he thinks the movie has been shelved for now. He was asked if he was going to be in the movie and he replied that yes, they had approached him about Lorne being in the movie but that, as far as he knew, the movie had been shelved for now because of the financial situation. It wasn't a definite "it's been shelved" but it was an "as far as I know, it's been shelved" (and I guess he would know as they have asked him about being in it and would need to give him some idea of timescales of when it might be filmed. Pretty disheartening news but then I already had my concerns about whether the movie would go ahead.... Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Oh yeah, that story was awesome!! I think it might have been BamBam telling it?

I know he said that the directors have a budget for each episode etc and some directors try and keep the costs down and tell the cast to go easy on the trigger etc.. and Joe'll nod as if he agrees and then they say action and he just goes -badadadadadadadadadadadadadada! (firing off a load of shots) and then stops and then - badadadam!! (another few for good measure) with a big grin etc! He also said that Andy Mikita LOVES the guns so when he directs episodes he just tells the actors to go for it and shoot like crazy!

Edit: P.S. Linzi - meant to say (and never got chance to at the con) you looked FAB this weekend!!
                    sigpic

Comment

bebop - thanks for the link! The vid was terrific. I'll bet CH was a hoot.

I saw them both on Sky over here, so I didn't need to buy them. I rather liked Ark of Truth, but wasn't so keen on Continuum. It was fine, but not brilliant, IMO. I'll watch the next one of Sky too!
                      Interesting. I had the opposite reaction. I didn't care for Ark of Truth but I quite enjoyed Continuum.

As for the SGA movie, very interesting to hear it's being shelved temporarily due to financial concerns. I haven't heard a peep on the news about Hollywood struggling these days. It surprises me that whoever approached Kavan would go over the financial concerns with him, but that JM wouldn't mention it. I don't know JM wouldn't just say that was why the movie had been bumped back. He simply said it was timing. *shrugs* Maybe he'll answer a few questions.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                        Joe likes his gun!
                        He's not the only one. I like Joe's gun too! Oops, wrong thread!
                        Oh goodness!! That would be a nightmare and the end of TV as we know it.

Linzi you're not alone, I hate them too. Over here BIG BROTHER is pushed down our throats as the greatest programme and people actually watch it.
                        I loathe BB too. Can't stand it. Just thinking about it makes me annoyed!
                        Originally posted by Pocus View Post

What fun!!! I can just picture the grin!!!!

**runs off to work in the snow that we weren't supposed to have**
                        You have more snow??? Oh lovely! I want snow!

I can just picture Joe too. I do love the SGA has always been an action show, and not just because there's more chance of Sheppy whumping because of that!
                        Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Woooo! Am finally back home from the Con - feel absolutely shattered but it was such a great weekend and I had a fab time. The guests were great, the fellow con-goers were fab, I took pictures, got autographs, dressed up in costume, had photoshoots done, did some con dances.... it was awesome!
                        Wasn't it good? I wasn't expecting much, and I had such fun and the guests were wonderful, IMO. I think Chevron's going to be terrible then, it's going to be sooo boring and there'll be no decent guests... Who's going again?

The guests were very much being cheeky and tongue-in-cheek when talking about other cast members - BamBam's comments about Joe whining and him telling him to "suck it up" were very much joking in nature. I wish I could replicate his impersonation of Jason taking the mickey out of Joe... he was saying if Joe started complaining about getting hurt on a stunt or something either he (BamBam) would tell Joe to shut up or Jason would start going "Myehmyehmyehmyehmyeh.." in a whiney vice (like a kid teasing another kid, doing like a whiney impression of them as if to say, "Oh, get the violins out!" sort of thing! and then Joe would kinda grumble, "Oh okay then.." and stop complaining! It was really funny!
                        Oh, yes. They all tease each other terribly, but somehow I can see Jason telling Joe to suck it up! From all reports, Jason has a tendency to throw himself around, skin his elbows, knees and goodness what else and just shrug about it all! The other cast members are slightly more delicate!

I bet they all whine from time to time! I can't see Jason whining though. But Joe? Yeah. I can just hear it. "I um, hurt my neck, you know..." "Suck it up Flanigan and grow some ....... " Jason and BamBam might reply! (edited for politeness - I know, not like me!)

Yeah, Chuck mentioned that he'd done it before - and Joe's reaction to that!

Yeah, that was brilliant! Chuck kinda acted it out too - saying Joe was just leaning against a wall, looking really cool, as he does, and playing with his iPhone and that he caught sight of Chuck out of the corner of his eye and, without speaking or even looking up from the iPhone, just crooked his finger as if to say, "Get over here!" And Chuck kinda went over thinking, "Uhoh, I'm in trouble!" And Joe kinda wound him up a bit saying he'd seen that Chuck had been doing an impression of him... but then let him off the hook, saying he'd thought it was very funny!
                        That was such a cool story. I have to say, all the guests just act out all these stories so well, and my re-telling of them doesn't do them justice!

From what I recall, Kavan said he thinks the movie has been shelved for now. He was asked if he was going to be in the movie and he replied that yes, they had approached him about Lorne being in the movie but that, as far as he knew, the movie had been shelved for now because of the financial situation. It wasn't a definite "it's been shelved" but it was an "as far as I know, it's been shelved" (and I guess he would know as they have asked him about being in it and would need to give him some idea of timescales of when it might be filmed. Pretty disheartening news but then I already had my concerns about whether the movie would go ahead.... Just have to wait and see, I guess.
                        Yep. That's what I thought too. It'd been temporarily shelved and will hopefully go ahead sometime in the future, all being well etc... It was disheartening, I'd agree, and I'd also agree it's not a surprise either. I guess we can only wait and see and cross our fingers.

Oh yeah, that story was awesome!! I think it might have been BamBam telling it?
                        I think it was. I thought BamBam was very funny. He's a real teaser and when he went on about being arrested for fighting with the police that morning I nearly believed him! Obviously he was joking, but he said it with such a straight face. He's a cheeky thing. And very funny too.

I know he said that the directors have a budget for each episode etc and some directors try and keep the costs down and tell the cast to go easy on the trigger etc.. and Joe'll nod as if he agrees and then they say action and he just goes -badadadadadadadadadadadadadada! (firing off a load of shots) and then stops and then - badadadam!! (another few for good measure) with a big grin etc! He also said that Andy Mikita LOVES the guns so when he directs episodes he just tells the actors to go for it and shoot like crazy!
                        I can just picture Joe doing that. Mind you, $2 each blank is quite a lot of money when you think how many they use! I love Andy Mikita... shoot it up boys!
                        Edit: P.S. Linzi - meant to say (and never got chance to at the con) you looked FAB this weekend!!
                        Why thank you! I must say, you looked positively blooming! I loved the wig! It was really a good match as was the outfit. I still think Teyla has grown upwards due to wraithy pregnancy hormones though!

PS loved the boots!
                        sigpic

Comment

Why thank you! I must say, you looked positively blooming! I loved the wig! It was really a good match as was the outfit. I still think Teyla has grown upwards due to wraithy pregnancy hormones though!

PS loved the boots!
                          Well it didn't help that the boots had 4 inch heels but I've had them for years and they were SO perfect for a kick-ass Teyla outfit!

But genuinely, I thought you looked very trim and slim - I know you said you'd been dieting etc so congrats cos you looked really good! I bet your photos came out FAB!

My photo with BamBam is funny cos he's pointing at my tummy and pulling a surprised face and I'm laughing my head off - he was pointing because just before/as they took the photo he was saying "There's a baby in there!!"

Oh and Squonk's photo with Chris is hilarous... she only comes up to about half way between his waist and his shoulder!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                            Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            You are very welcome!...and yes, he was a poppet.

I had to learn all about how to make vids to post that link on Youtube as I have never done anything like that before.......I am SOOOOOOOO computer illiterate...
                            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Interesting. I had the opposite reaction. I didn't care for Ark of Truth but I quite enjoyed Continuum.
                              I know a lot of folks feel the way you do and I'm in the minority for this one! I didn't much care for the Ori storyline on SG1, yet I enjoyed Ark of Truth! Continuum was ok, but it just wasn't the classic SG1 I though it'd be. I can't even tell you why I was disappointed. Well, I could tell you some things, perhaps, but it'd be horribly off topic for here!

As for the SGA movie, very interesting to hear it's being shelved temporarily due to financial concerns. I haven't heard a peep on the news about Hollywood struggling these days. It surprises me that whoever approached Kavan would go over the financial concerns with him, but that JM wouldn't mention it. I don't know JM wouldn't just say that was why the movie had been bumped back. He simply said it was timing. *shrugs* Maybe he'll answer a few questions.
                              Well, Kavan just said that this time last year 150 or something around that figure.. maybe 170? movies were in production. This year it's 6 or 7. That says it all really and it's a worrying time for actors. I'm not certain how Kavan had heard this information about the SGA movie. It might be from one of the full time cast. He didn't say the person who'd approached him had said that and didn't offer how he knew.

I'm not surprised JM hasn't mentioned it though. He does have to be careful what he says. But don't forget JM also was most unhappy that none of the cast had been signed. He wasn't happy about that at all, and it certainly concerned him. (JM has always said the budget for season 5 was ok, when I've read several online media people and actors AND directors saying there have been budgetary issues in season 5). Personally? I totally believe Kavan. It makes sense from other things I've heard from actors about MGM etc. But as Ali said, Kavan didn't say it wasn't going ahead, just that it had been postponed because of the situation out there at the moment and hopefully it would go ahead later in the year, but there was no news at present that he's aware of.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well it didn't help that the boots had 4 inch heels but I've had them for years and they were SO perfect for a kick-ass Teyla outfit!

But genuinely, I thought you looked very trim and slim - I know you said you'd been dieting etc so congrats cos you looked really good! I bet your photos came out FAB!

My photo with BamBam is funny cos he's pointing at my tummy and pulling a surprised face and I'm laughing my head off - he was pointing because just before/as they took the photo he was saying "There's a baby in there!!"

Oh and Squonk's photo with Chris is hilarous... she only comes up to about half way between his waist and his shoulder!
                                Oh do post your piccies!

I share Squonk's problems! Chris was kneeling for my photo shoot!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X