X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
    OT

Spoiler:
    Apparently, it works with other countries too.
    Well, I just did a d/l of Quicktime and iTunes but it won´t let me buy anything, not even offering anything. Some kinda warning that some cards won´t be accepted right now.
    Or maybe I´m just too stupid for this tech stuff

Gonna bug my brother-in-law later today about it
    It won't let you DL US TV shows from an IP address outside the US. Much as those of us elsewhere in the world would love to be able to download the show legally, the licensing arrangements etc won't let us (I guess e.g. Sky don't want UK viewers to be able to DL the eps on the US schedule and then perhaps not bother watching when they air it in the UK).

S&R

Spoiler:
    You´re right, he DOES look a lot paler in those pics, kinda drawn *happy sigh* and totally annoyed with Kellers "joke"
    That said, while it was funny, it was bit unprofessional from a "seasoned doc" to say in front of a patient right?? But who cares, his reaction was a PICTURE PERFECT!!!!
    S&R and OT:
    Spoiler:
    Oh I thought the joke was hilarious and not at all unprofessional - you don't have to have a great sense of humour or even great patient skills to be a good doctor/surgeon. I used to work as a PA to a consultant surgeon in the UK and she was an absolute character! Renowned in her field and one of the most respected consultants in her field in the entire country but her social skills... wow! I could totally see her making a joke like that to a patient (and she wouldn't get embarassed when they didn't laugh either - she'd be too busy chortling herself! ) She had a patient called Isaac Hunt and she found his name hilarious (try saying it aloud! ) and every time he was on the ward she would keep calling his name aloud whenever she was on the ward, saying loudly, "Right then! Where's Isaac Hunt?!" and laughing!!!
    sigpic

Comment

WOW I knew it would be mad on here after S5 started to air - some of us who haven't had the chance to see the first episode yet are about to cave in I think ....
      sigpic
      Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Oh, cave! Do! You won't regret it!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          It won't let you DL US TV shows from an IP address outside the US. Much as those of us elsewhere in the world would love to be able to download the show legally, the licensing arrangements etc won't let us (I guess e.g. Sky don't want UK viewers to be able to DL the eps on the US schedule and then perhaps not bother watching when they air it in the UK).
          OT

Spoiler:
          Well, I downloaded itunes when I was still in the US and I am using my US credit card for billing purposes. It still works here (at least it did last month). I guess I won't really know if it works until S&R appears, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Amazon, however, uses the IP address. That did not work for me...

But, shhhhhhh..
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

S&R and OT:
            Spoiler:
            Oh I thought the joke was hilarious and not at all unprofessional - you don't have to have a great sense of humour or even great patient skills to be a good doctor/surgeon. I used to work as a PA to a consultant surgeon in the UK and she was an absolute character! Renowned in her field and one of the most respected consultants in her field in the entire country but her social skills... wow! I could totally see her making a joke like that to a patient (and she wouldn't get embarassed when they didn't laugh either - she'd be too busy chortling herself! ) She had a patient called Isaac Hunt and she found his name hilarious (try saying it aloud! ) and every time he was on the ward she would keep calling his name aloud whenever she was on the ward, saying loudly, "Right then! Where's Isaac Hunt?!" and laughing!!!
            That's what I thought *pouts*

S&R
            Spoiler:
            I wasn't too keen on Keller's joke. I know it was meant to fall flat on Shep but it fell flat on me too Shep's reaction was still great though

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
              Oh they're lovely, you know I tried to delete the [img] tags, but there was just one I couldn't bring myself to delete. I call it my pick me up so I don't fall down medicine.
              I like that

Thanks hon, just what the doctor ordered. I should hopefully feel better in a few days. Gonna get my pillow and duvet and slob on the coach, turn off the lights and watch S&R for some reason, recent posts have got me all excited to see it again.

To quote Linz, S&R on the big screen is just made of AWSOME.
              Linzi is very wise it is made of awesome

Thanks hon, glad you didn't spill the one with that massive squee what would people have thought?

*thinks of P4 and drinking champers, eating revels and watching S&R*
              I am a professional, I wouldn't make the rookie mistake of dropping my drink although I have been known t forget my whump pillow

Squee for P4 is it January yet???????

Thanks hon, mines self inflicted whump, because i'm not doing as i'm told... once a rebel always a rebel.
              aw doing what you are told is overrated

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              Sorry, I wandered off to watch S&R. It took a little longer than i thought because I had to rewind to look at a few scenes once or twice ot three times to make sure I heard the dialogue. I live on a very busy street.
              hmmmmmmm that sounds kind of familiar

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              Did I mention I love my new iPod? I am loading all of S3 as I type. S4 is already on it. Now, as soon as iTunes has S&R up, I will be an even happier whumper!
              I adore my ipod I take it everywhere with me, I am just gutted I can't get SGA on there, stupid UK itunes. Having dial up itunes is awesome because although it takes forever you can stop and start a download without losing anything, I am patiently dling a series off there at the moment and it takes me a few days to dl each ep, but I get there eventually, see I can be patient sometimes I would love for itunes to get SGA so I caould have portable Shep whump. It doesn't even have to be the new ones i would love for them to get past seasons on there, I could take SGA on my hols with me then.

GUH!! Oh my honey! Those are WONDERFUL! Must snurch them when I get home...

Also, (S&R spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              in that cap of Sheppard's "unimpressed" face following Keller's surgeon humour, with the size and detail of the cap I do find he does actually look more ill than he did on watching the episode... kinda bruised looking around the eyes. Yay! I'm going to fanwank that Sheppard really was ill in that scene and doped up on painkillers and just being stoic and holding it together.

So then whumpers... it's Monday. A new day, a new working week... *sigh*... BUT... one day closer to The Seed! Yaaaaaaaaay!
              Not for me I get an extra day off, although I am a bit fed up i have to go to work tomorrow but yay for The Seed, can't wait to read all about it

Comment

Its completely pants though, you can't even get older seasons

S&R and OT:
                Spoiler:

I agree I found it so funny and at your old boss she must have been so much fun to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                  I adore my ipod I take it everywhere with me, I am just gutted I can't get SGA on there, stupid UK itunes. Having dial up itunes is awesome because although it takes forever you can stop and start a download without losing anything, I am patiently dling a series off there at the moment and it takes me a few days to dl each ep, but I get there eventually, see I can be patient sometimes I would love for itunes to get SGA so I caould have portable Shep whump. It doesn't even have to be the new ones i would love for them to get past seasons on there, I could take SGA on my hols with me then.
                  I miss my beloved Archos. Really must get the insurance claim sorted so I can get a replacement. Hubby says he's going to try and get it done this next weekend.

I agree I found it so funny and at your old boss she must have been so much fun to work for.
                  OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh she was an absolute character! Some people found her very intimidating but I always got on fine with her - she was the kind of person who was a very forceful personality and if you didn't stand up to her, she would just walk all over you. She never even tried that with me - I think she knew from the start I would just give it right back to her!

She used to stomp around the hospital wearing velour tracksuits with a bum bag (and once joyfully informed me that on the day they were taking the official senior staff photo she had "dressed up" by wearing Mickey Mouse socks!!); she used to tape a sanitary towel to her forehead when doing surgery (to absorb sweat!); and she once had me standing in the open doorway of minor theatres, taking dictation from her while she was scrubbed for surgery and over her shoulder was a patient lying there with his legs akimbo waiting for a cystoscopy (said patient was fully awake btw as it's a local anaesthetic procedure!!). It was definitely... erm... interesting working for her!
                  sigpic

Comment

DRAT!! *throws hissy fit*
                    So much for catching up legally! *cries some more*

But thanks for the info.

S&R and OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    S&R
                    Spoiler:
                    Oh I loved his reaction so much! So I don´t have a big problem with her joke either. If he had cracked up, it wouldn´t though, it was so much funnier to see him go all WTF?! Is she on drugs?! (when, really, that´s a nice pun there, huh !!!)

Your old boss sounds like Patch Adams

Originally posted by caty View Post
                    OT

Spoiler:
                    Well, I downloaded itunes when I was still in the US and I am using my US credit card for billing purposes. It still works here (at least it did last month). I guess I won't really know if it works until S&R appears, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Amazon, however, uses the IP address. That did not work for me...

But, shhhhhhh..
                    OT

Spoiler:
                    Oh, that´s the reason, I was hoping to get around that seeing that some from my country could actually use that....

I have to move to the US now...

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                      Thought I'd stop by long enough to share these...

*WARNING* Pic spam! hehehehe

spoiler for Search and Rescue and size..
                      **faints** They were wonderful! Thanks for sharing. The best part of those is my brand new big monitor that allows me to see the entire picture all at once. Hubby bought a 22" monitor and gave me his old one. It is still a big one. Now I get all SGAFan's pics in their full glory! **sigh**

GUH!! Oh my honey! Those are WONDERFUL! Must snurch them when I get home...

Also, (S&R spoilers)
                      Spoiler:
                      in that cap of Sheppard's "unimpressed" face following Keller's surgeon humour, with the size and detail of the cap I do find he does actually look more ill than he did on watching the episode... kinda bruised looking around the eyes. Yay! I'm going to fanwank that Sheppard really was ill in that scene and doped up on painkillers and just being stoic and holding it together.

So then whumpers... it's Monday. A new day, a new working week... *sigh*... BUT... one day closer to The Seed! Yaaaaaaaaay!
                      The large caps do allow for much detail.
                      S&R caps
                      Spoiler:
                      They allowed me to watch the mysterious moving cut above Shep's eye. It moves closer and further from his eyebrow in different scenes. The one on his left cheek doesn't seem to be as mobile.

Or maybe I spent entirely too much time drooling...uh looking at these this morning!
                      sigpic

Comment

I miss my beloved Archos. Really must get the insurance claim sorted so I can get a replacement. Hubby says he's going to try and get it done this next weekend.

OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh she was an absolute character! Some people found her very intimidating but I always got on fine with her - she was the kind of person who was a very forceful personality and if you didn't stand up to her, she would just walk all over you. She never even tried that with me - I think she knew from the start I would just give it right back to her!

She used to stomp around the hospital wearing velour tracksuits with a bum bag (and once joyfully informed me that on the day they were taking the official senior staff photo she had "dressed up" by wearing Mickey Mouse socks!!); she used to tape a sanitary towel to her forehead when doing surgery (to absorb sweat!); and she once had me standing in the open doorway of minor theatres, taking dictation from her while she was scrubbed for surgery and over her shoulder was a patient lying there with his legs akimbo waiting for a cystoscopy (said patient was fully awake btw as it's a local anaesthetic procedure!!). It was definitely... erm... interesting working for her!
                        sounds like an absolute hoot, I have had a few looney bosses in my time, always make for interesting stories

Gah I am being whumped by the neighbours dogs they are currently howling and have been for the past 15 minutes, they are so loud I have had to turn the tv right up, they are spoiling my enjoyment of Conversion how rude!!!! do they not realise buggyshep is awesome and I need to be able to hear it all

oooo I just read the latest Exhuming McCarthy Chapter, it was awesome!!!!!

Comment

sounds like an absolute hoot, I have had a few looney bosses in my time, always make for interesting stories

Gah I am being whumped by the neighbours dogs they are currently howling and have been for the past 15 minutes, they are so loud I have had to turn the tv right up, they are spoiling my enjoyment of Conversion how rude!!!! do they not realise buggyshep is awesome and I need to be able to hear it all

Rude dogs
                          You should send your buggy!Shep clone after them, that oughta teach them

Spoiler:
                          not to mention , there´s whump potential!!!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Rude dogs
                            You should send your buggy!Shep clone after them, that oughta teach them

Spoiler:
                            not to mention , there´s whump potential!!!
                            couldn't do that to my lovely buggyshep clone, I have a bit of a fear of dogs which I am slowly coming to terms with so I don't want to put him through me freaking out . However I may need to think about that some more because other animals wouldn't freak me out.........
                            *wanders off in search of other animals for buggyShep clone*
                            *BuggyShep clone cowers in corner and tries to hide behind ListySC*

I am off out now, can't waste my last day off sitting at a computer all day...... ok maybe I really could but I won't

Comment

Oh I have so many mad stories about when I worked for her... including the one about the patient who sent her some polaroid photos in the post (which I opened!) to show her how things had improved following the operation she had done on *ahem* a rather intimate part of his anatomy!! (She was a consultant urologist!!). The certainly livened up my Monday morning when I was opening the post...

Terribly inconsiderate of those dogs to be interrupting your precious and important whump time! Guess you'll just have to use the sound effects to good effect and daydream about Sheppard being hunted/mauled by wild dogs...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                The large caps do allow for much detail.
                                S&R caps
                                Spoiler:
                                They allowed me to watch the mysterious moving cut above Shep's eye. It moves closer and further from his eyebrow in different scenes. The one on his left cheek doesn't seem to be as mobile.

Or maybe I spent entirely too much time drooling...uh looking at these this morning!
                                Spoiler:
                                Maybe it isn't a cut at all. Maybe it's a small red Death Slug!! - a sort of vengeful cousin of the iratus bug, that creeps around on a person's face inflicting them with awful agony that they then need to stoically overcome.

Or maybe I'm just being silly...

Which reminds me: according to my last night's dream, episode 19 of season five is now called "Speed Freaks", and involves Shep chasing a Wraith around a racing track while driving a Sinclair C5 (anyone remember those?). I suspect this comes from watching Top Gear just before bed, and also from accidentally typing C5 for C4 yesterday, and having a little chuckle about the images that threw up.

Comment

Working...
                                X