John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elanthra View Post
    But what on earth does an exploding cow signify?!!! Tell me, please, I haven't gone crazy with the waiting!
    Okay. Using my extensive knowledge of dream interpretation*, I offer up the following.

1. Since cows are associated with milk, they symbolise motherhood and nurturing and happy coziness. Since this cow exploded, it means that Shep is not going to get any happy coziness this season. He is, in face, going to be whumped every episode.

2. The cow refers back to Cowan, the Genii leader. The exploding cow shows that Sheppard is going to get caught up in a Genii plot of bloody vengeance, and is going to get whumped in every episode.

3. You have to look at the spelling. The cow actually means C(olonel) OW!! and means that Sheppard is going to get whumped in every episode.

4. A Shepherd is a protector of farmyard animals. Despite his protection, though, the cow exploded. This means that Sheppard is going to lose people under his command, and there will be emotional whump is every episode.

* i.e. none

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Ooops. I've been staring again.

Not really spoilery but is about the pic from The Seed so just in case:
      Spoiler:
      Is JF's chest hair going grey? Not that that bothers me remotely but I wonder if that's behind his seeming reluctance (a la Doppelganger) to do bare-chested scenes? *weeps at the possibility of never having another Sheppard bare chest scene*
      Oh my god - just how long have you been staring at this photo for!!

Not really very spoilery Seed pic spoiler
      Spoiler:

But yeah - looks a little grey to me too - but again, could be a trick of the light.
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
        Okay. Using my extensive knowledge of dream interpretation*, I offer up the following.

1. Since cows are associated with milk, they symbolise motherhood and nurturing and happy coziness. Since this cow exploded, it means that Shep is not going to get any happy coziness this season. He is, in face, going to be whumped every episode.

2. The cow refers back to Cowan, the Genii leader. The exploding cow shows that Sheppard is going to get caught up in a Genii plot of bloody vengeance, and is going to get whumped in every episode.

3. You have to look at the spelling. The cow actually means C(olonel) OW!! and means that Sheppard is going to get whumped in every episode.

4. A Shepherd is a protector of farmyard animals. Despite his protection, though, the cow exploded. This means that Sheppard is going to lose people under his command, and there will be emotional whump is every episode.

* i.e. none
        OMG! You did it again!

I hope your predictions are right!
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          Oh my god - just how long have you been staring at this photo for!!
          Ummm. *looks shiftily from side to side* Not all that long. Honest!
          sigpic

Comment

You are after all at work, right?
            Sig and avi by me
            Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not even scrutinising it. I'm just mesmerised by it. By him. By his face, his expression, his neck, his arm, his hand, his
              Spoiler:
              scrubs (see that last bit just about dragged this back into whumping territory as opposed to just thunking! )

P.S. *ahem* What precisely are you researching?
              Well, many things actually. Other than scrutinising the piccie for clues to the plot, and clues as to the state of Sheppy's health, and he looks might fine to me, I have to say...I'm thinking of having my brother take my BP while looking at it to see if my BP raises. Linz BP > looks at Sheppy whump piccies > BP rises. I'm thinking of getting him to write a paper on it actually... "The effect of Shep whump on the female population and rising blood pressure. Fact or fiction?" Yeah, I really need to get out more!
              *laughs* I'm sure the whumpers can come up with dozens of legitimate research projects that can require in-depth study of pictures like this. Such as
              Spoiler:

Colour Me Beautiful: a study of the effect of different sheet colours in the attractiveness of whumped colonels.
              Method: Take one whumped colonel. Strip him and put him under sheets of a variety of different colours (9567 would be a good sample size) and gaze at him at length (for at least an hour each colour.) Attach sensors to knees to measure the weakness thereof. Repeat afterwards just to be sure.
              Reckon I can get funding to do this as a PhD project?
              Well, I don't see why not!
              Originally posted by Elanthra View Post
              It is sooo not fair!

I know that in the past, you guys have had dreams about JS and SGA. But I never have!

Until last night...

And what did I go and dream about?!! That I FORGOT to watch S&R when July eventually came round!! Totally forgot that it had even been on, until I just happened to catch Episode 2...

Not a dream! A nightmare!

And then Episode 2 was your normal run of the mill stuff - the Team gets captured and they have to escape. Which was fine...

Until the brown and white cow exploded!!!

What the H***!

The last thing I saw was Shep wrestling a rocket launcher (Yeah, cool, huh?) from some guy and then that happened!

So, anyone into dream interpretation round here? I mean, they're supposed to represent your fears and hopes, so, yes, I can understand being afraid of missing S&R.

But what on earth does an exploding cow signify?!!! Tell me, please, I haven't gone crazy with the waiting!
              Shep whump + exploding cows? I have no idea. Maybe you're so excited about season 5 and possible whump, that your brain has decided to count exploding cows instead of sheep to pass the time until the premiere?
              Originally posted by caty View Post
              Pic spoiler
              Spoiler:
              Did anyone else notice that his wrist is kinda red? Am I imagining things?

The Frankfurt airport is the worst airport in the whole world!! That place is absolutely ridiculous!
              You see, NOW I'm going to have to go and have ANOTHER look at the piccie, aren't I?????
              sigpic

Comment

* i.e. none
                I love it!
                sigpic

Comment

Ok, so CATY. I've scrutinised the piccie.

The Seed pic:

Spoiler:
                  Yes. Shep's wrist does look red. However, I'm not sure if that's because Carson looks like his squeezing Shep's hand to death!
                  sigpic

Comment

* i.e. none

Ummm. *looks shiftily from side to side* Not all that long. Honest!
                    Pfft - like i believe that!
                    Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                    Ok, so CATY. I've scrutinised the piccie.

The Seed pic:

Spoiler:
                    Yes. Shep's wrist does look red. However, I'm not sure if that's because Carson looks like his squeezing Shep's hand to death!
                    Seed pic
                    Spoiler:
                    So basically, we've got it wrong, sehp isn't thanking Carson at all - what we're actually seeing is a p*ssing contest to see who can squeeze the others hand the hardest to try to impress Keller (who is none too impressed from the look of it!)
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Seed pic
                      Spoiler:
                      So basically, we've got it wrong, sehp isn't thanking Carson at all - what we're actually seeing is a p*ssing contest to see who can squeeze the others hand the hardest to try to impress Keller (who is none too impressed from the look of it!)

OR, (SEED pic)

Spoiler:
                      Carson is squeezing Shep's hand so tightly to comfort him cos he knows the horrible and intense pain Shep's going to be suffering shortly! Well, he would be if we had anything to do with it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Seed pic
                        Spoiler:
                        boys...

OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        SQUEEEEEEE!

Guess what my mom brought me? Besides lunch AND dinner, she also bought the prettiest jeans jacket!!! *huggles jacket* I'm wearing it right now!
                        Sig and avi by me
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                          You are after all at work, right?
                          Well, in theory...
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, in theory...
                            Me too

I wonder if JF has to dye his hair yet...
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

BTW, regardless of his age, I'm sure I'd be going gray if I had the work and travel schedule he does...
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Me too
                                Fellow skiver high five!

I wonder if JF has to dye his hair yet...
                                I think he probably does... in the promo photos for Sateda you could see he was greying a little (rather attractively actually) in his sideburns.

BTW, regardless of his age, I'm sure I'd be going gray if I had the work and travel schedule he does...
                                Grey hair has nothing to do with age anyway - I've been dyeing my hair for years anyway but when the roots grow out I've actually got quite a few grey hairs, and have had since my early 30s!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X