Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
    Lovely pics, Pocus!
    I've been watching Rising on the big screen tonight... not a lot of whumping there, but....wow, what a difference from the t.v.!
    On a proper speaker system you get the full effect of the soundtrack and amazing picture quality even on a screen that's 7x5 feet.
    (The house was shaking!)
    Now I just need to persuade hubby to set me up for some of 'The Greats' like 38 Mins or TDO.
    Big screen Shep whumping!!*Woot!*
    SQUEEEEE!
    Lucky you getting to watch any SGA on the big screen!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm getting ready for S5. Bought a 50 inch plasma today. Now all I need is the HD DVR and service.

Come on July!!!
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Lucky you getting to watch any SGA on the big screen!!!
        You're right, we are lucky... you know, we're not very extravagant people but we did splash out on our 'basement theatre'.
        If you really enjoy movies/tv and especially sci-fi, I recommend a good dvd projector, speakers and screen... we (the whole family) get a lot of enjoyment from it.
        And if you've got an otherwise ugly and redundant basement room, it's perfect.

All that's lacking is some like-minded Shep whumpers to share the sofa with me and... squee, squee, squee!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          I'm getting ready for S5. Bought a 50 inch plasma today. Now all I need is the HD DVR and service.

Come on July!!!
          All these nice big screens to see the blood so clearly and watch those eyes so closely!!! It is a wonderful thing!
          sigpic

Comment

You're right, we are lucky... you know, we're not very extravagant people but we did splash out on our 'basement theatre'.
            If you really enjoy movies/tv and especially sci-fi, I recommend a good dvd projector, speakers and screen... we (the whole family) get a lot of enjoyment from it.
            And if you've got an otherwise ugly and redundant basement room, it's perfect.

All that's lacking is some like-minded Shep whumpers to share the sofa with me and... squee, squee, squee!
            We just finished our basement hideaway and made it look like an Old English Pub. With the setup though we could only get a 40 inch tv but we did get Hi Def Cable and a great surround sound system. I got goosebumps when I heard the 38 minutes scream and the CG pained eyes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anouke View Post
              Happy Anniversary Salty!!

Just gotta say also, I love your necklace in this picture of you and Joe! It's so pretty!
              Thanks!!

Originally posted by caty View Post
              I don't know, that's a possibility.. But for some reason, I just can't see JF doing that. You guys have met him, so you should know better than me. But I never got the impression that he's camera shy before..
              Another good question to ask him when you're having lunch with him.

Yeah, not camera shy. Or shy at all, really.
              Who knows, maybe JF is so busy with all the other scenes he is in, he's just not around when JM is.

Well, here's my HOPEFUL take on this:

He daren't take any because Shep has been whumped so much in this season's filming, they would be instant spoilers! So much blood, so many splints and IV's and intubation kits...

Now wouldn't that be great?
              I like the way you think!!

Don't you think that his Shep silence goes hand-in-hand with the lack of pics? That there's so much goodness in store for us Shep fans that he doesn't want to give any of it away with pics?
              sigpic
              Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

Come on July!!!
                Wow! Good for you!
                Hope you enjoy it.... right now, I'm thinking Firefly would look pretty good on the big screen...

We don't have HD tv and regular tv looks like crap on the projector, so I'll be watching Atlantis S5 initially on tv and then hopefully on dvd when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  We just finished our basement hideaway and made it look like an Old English Pub. With the setup though we could only get a 40 inch tv but we did get Hi Def Cable and a great surround sound system. I got goosebumps when I heard the 38 minutes scream and the CG pained eyes.
                  That sounds really nice... our theme is bulging dry-wall and old grotty sofa!!!

The sound makes a huge difference, though, doesn't it? I was afraid the house would vibrate itself to a pile of rubble when Atlantis rose from the sea in Rising!
                  We don't like going to the movie theatre any more because the sound at home is so good.

And I can't wait to hear the scream now....

Comment

That sounds really nice... our theme is bulging dry-wall and old grotty sofa!!!

The sound makes a huge difference, though, doesn't it? I was afraid the house would vibrate itself to a pile of rubble when Atlantis rose from the sea in Rising!
                    We don't like going to the movie theatre any more because the sound at home is so good.

And I can't wait to hear the scream now....
                    That was our old style basement except the walls were peeling paneling and the floor was stinky, moldy ORANGE carpet **shudders at the memory**

Can't wait for you to hear the scream either. You will have to let us know. Watch for sweaty forehead too!
                    sigpic

Comment

Haven't posted on here for a bit (can't keep up with you guys!), and this is regarding a post from a page or so ago, but I had to comment on this because I HAVE been keeping up with the Search and Rescue spoiler thread
                      Spoiler:
                      and also noticed the lack of pictures of Shep (and Ronon, but more importantly Shep). My theory has also been the spoiler aspect of showing such pictures. They are showing all those pics of McKay and Lorne. I assume this means that they will be dug out quickly, hence the pictures aren't giving too much away and can still keep the spoiler-philes happy. But they want to keep the fate of Sheppard and Ronon going for longer in the episode, so that's why they are keeping those shots under wraps for now. I mean, they don't want us to know EVERYTHING before it airs!

That said, when it does air....there had better be blood!!....and stitches, and IVs, and bandages, and handholding, and sympathy in general, and.....
                      Last edited by Madeleine; 03 May 2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                        So tired, as a result of getting up at 3.45, then doing a full day's work...

Anyway... Pirate Shep is now complete and has launched. Since the idea was spawned here, I thought I'd better announce it here. However, be warned:
                        - It's 42,000 words, so not a quick read.
                        - It isn't a continuation of that fragment I posted the other week, but a different story in a similar, but not identical, setting
                        - Most of the story is told from Rodney's POV. However, I'd definitely say that Sheppard's the focal character, even when others are telling his story
                        - There is definitely Shep whump, but that's not the main point of the story

But if anyone wants to read on, it starts here. I also posted it as a bonus story to the gen ficathon, since one of the prompts there was what caused me to turn that initial pirate Shep fragment into a proper story.
                        I've read the first 3 chapters and really enjoying this Rhymer. You've obviously done a lot of research here. The characterisations are spot on to. It's fab!

Fushcia and Pocus - Having your own 'movie theatres' sounds great. I'd love to do something like that! Hmmm...where could I put it? Think the garden shed might be too small!

Last edited by Elinor; 03 May 2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Morning all!

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                          Haven't posted on here for a bit (can't keep up with you guys!), and this is regarding a post from a page or so ago, but I had to comment on this because I HAVE been keeping up with the Search and Rescue spoiler thread and also noticed the lack of pictures of Shep (and Ronon, but more importantly Shep). My theory has also been the spoiler aspect of showing such pictures. They are showing all those pics of McKay and Lorne. I assume this means that they will be dug out quickly, hence the pictures aren't giving too much away and can still keep the spoiler-philes happy. But they want to keep the fate of Sheppard and Ronon going for longer in the episode, so that's why they are keeping those shots under wraps for now. I mean, they don't want us to know EVERYTHING before it airs!

That said, when it does air....there had better be blood!!....and stitches, and IVs, and bandages, and handholding, and sympathy in general, and.....
                          Hi Crichiel, nice to see you around again - but you really need to spoiler tag that post. Lots of people here are going spoiler free.

As for the lack of Sheppy pictures on JM's blog, well I don't recall seeing any pictures of Rachel or Jewel or Robert and only a couple of Jason, which also had Joe F in. And you're right Crichiel, there will be times when showing someone in make-up/costume would spoil things.

Comment

John: He´s taking pics again....!! Teyla... cover my back, I´m gonna kill him!
                            Teyla: You can not do that, John! Without him, we would not even exist!
                            John: Yeah.... well, still..... it annoys me! Next time, he´ll pay!

So maybe THAT´s why there´s no pics!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                            picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                              http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3093/phantomslx9.jpg

John: He´s taking pics again....!! Teyla... cover my back, I´m gonna kill him!
                              Teyla: You can not do that, John! Without him, we would not even exist!
                              John: Yeah.... well, still..... it annoys me! Next time, he´ll pay!

So maybe THAT´s why there´s no pics!
                              Delurking again just to say hi again - this made me smile, because if your referring to JM and his blog, you obviously haven't read it today then.

He had a near accident on set. (he is unscathed I'm happy to say) I immediately thought of the Shep Whumpers. (I know I'm bad, bad, bad)
                              You can all prove your whereabouts yesterday can you?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                                Delurking again just to say hi again - this made me smile, because if your referring to JM and his blog, you obviously haven't read it today then.

He had a near accident on set. (he is unscathed I'm happy to say) I immediately thought of the Shep Whumpers. (I know I'm bad, bad, bad)
                                You can all prove your whereabouts yesterday can you?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?????!!! OMG; glad to hear he´s okay though....

no I haven´t. I never got over there actually but it was TEH THEME over here, hehe. Gotta check it out now.... OMG : Freaky!

Hmmm found this interesting:

Spoiler:

Joel413 writes: “When you are snapping pictures of cast/crew and other people on the set, do you let them know you will be posting them on your blog? To you ask folks if it’s Ok to shoot the pics? I wouldn’t exactly call the SGA set a “public place” where someone might get snapped. Have you ever had anyone politely ask you not to post their picture? And if so, have you just obliged their request, or have you negotiated some comprimise, or just said, screw it they’re my pictures and my site?”

Answer: I’ve alerted the actors, crew, and any guest stars that I may be snapping pics for the blog. If, for whatever the reason, someone prefers not to have their photo taken and/or posted, I’ll happily respect their decision and avoid taking pictures of them until such a time as they express a willingness to have their picture taken again.
                                Last edited by SheppAddictedFangirl; 03 May 2008, 01:47 AM.

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X