Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    Ali's got a fic finisihed??? SQUEE!

Strinam - Shep gets wet from the hurricane?? That's it?? Nothing else?? Bad whumper!! Then again...the images I'm thinking of are pretty darned..ugh...sweet!
    Wet Shep would just be the start! A very lovely start... Then he'd get pummeled by the debris flying around... Maybe knocked semi conscious with a lacerated head wound, and the need for stitches...

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
    Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by strinam View Post
      Wet Shep would just be the start! A very lovely start... Then he'd get pummeled by the debris flying around... Maybe knocked semi conscious with a lacerated head wound, and the need for stitches...
      Oh, stop! You're teasing me!

Four days until Quarantine!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Yeah, I thought the same kinda thing - that it's not so much a locker room as in where people undress etc but more of a gear room, where they keep the tac vest and weapons ready for people to gear up for missions. I assumed it was a unisex room and didn't see anything unusual in Teyla walking in there.

Oooh and didn't someone on a set tour/visit (was it Salty and Knightie?) talk about seeing the locker room set and the names on the lockers... and was there one for Teyla? I can't remember...

Heh. Not rich. No. I won just over £2,000... and it's *long* gone!

I will just be forced to look at the pictures and let you guys know.

Another thought

Spoiler:
        Sheppard mentioned knowiing a guy named Todd in College. Do you think its a regular college or the Airforce Academy. If he went to regular collage then he would have gotten a late start in the air force. Just curious.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          True but
          Spoiler:
          environmental factors do influence evolution and the humans of the Pegasus galaxy have lived under threat of the Wraith for thousands of years. It's entirely possible that they may have evolved to a more rapid gestation as part of a survival mechanism... very few animals in the wild on Earth have a gestation period as long as 9 months.. or have their offspring be as weak and helpless as human infants are. We've developed to have long gestations and for our young to be born still not fully developed and needing lots of care and protection because we can afford to, we have no natural predators. In the wild, prey animals have shorter gestations (to protect the mother, so that she is not encumbered for too long) and their young are born able very quickly to see and to stand and to move (to protect the young and enable them to avoid predators). It's not inconceivable that, after centuries of predation by the Wraith, the Pegasus galaxy humans have started to evolve similar characteristics..
          Rachel was six months pregnant when she filmed BMSR and Spoils of war was filmed next. She was big when we saw her.
          sigpic

Comment

Mornin' everyone!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            That would be true gutter whump when items of clothing start blowing off!!
            Hurricane Whump! Yes, yes, yes...I'm all for it!!

Off to catch up now!

Comment

OK...think I've caught up now! Congrats on your new job Sherry, sorry you've been feeling poorly Squonk and glad you've got your squee back Gate Geek!

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
              .....interesting how mckay is always more open around shep than anyone else and yet shep opens up more to teyla and ronon...hmmm.
              Yes, I've noticed that. I wonder if it's because Shep feels he has to be the strong guy 'cos McKay can be a bit of a wuss sometimes! I'd love to see an episode where Sheppy and McKay are stranded somewhere and Shep is badly injured and McKay has to look after him. I think that may be a time we'll see Shep open up to him perhaps.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              OMG! I just saw the funniest ad for SGA. I was on one of the digital cable channels and next weekend is CG.
              Spoiler:
              The voice over said that Shep is captured by an old enemy. As it cuts to Todd starting to feed on Shep, the voice over said "and he's staying for dinner"!

Where do they come up with these things!
              Oh that's fab!

Comment

Lorr, is that funny ad available on youtube yet?
                sigpic
                My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Oh, stop! You're teasing me!

Four days until Quarantine!
                  Ah, yes, I think I am teasing myself, as well, with all that wonderful bloodiness...

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                  I will just be forced to look at the pictures and let you guys know.

Another thought

Spoiler:
                  Sheppard mentioned knowiing a guy named Todd in College. Do you think its a regular college or the Airforce Academy. If he went to regular collage then he would have gotten a late start in the air force. Just curious.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think it was a regular college. All academy grads I know say "When I was at the Academy..."

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                  OK...think I've caught up now! Congrats on your new job Sherry, sorry you've been feeling poorly Squonk and glad you've got your squee back Gate Geek!

Yes, I've noticed that. I wonder if it's because Shep feels he has to be the strong guy 'cos McKay can be a bit of a wuss sometimes! I'd love to see an episode where Sheppy and McKay are stranded somewhere and Shep is badly injured and McKay has to look after him. I think that may be a time we'll see Shep open up to him perhaps.

Oh that's fab!
                  Oh, what a nice thought. Bloody Shep and a weary McKay to take care of him. Trapped in a cave after a cave in on some planet. Ronan and Teyla on the other side trying to get them out, but nothing they try works. They don't even know if Shep and McKay are still alive because they can't communicate. I am thinking along the lines of that ST:TNG episode where Picard gets wonked on the head in that cave in and Wesley has to care for him...

Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

woahhh...as a Shepaholic, I really should have steered clear of that Anti-Shep thread...

<mod snip....folks they're just as allowed of thier opinion as you are of yours. Please do not discuss them behind their backs>
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 15 January 2008, 12:48 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Thanks you guys for all the well wishes

Well we have been busy over night haven't we?!

Snow whump, hurricane whump.... lovely!

And Ali has a new fic! *waits for link*

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Heh, figure if I can start off someone's work week with a laugh, it's worth writing it
                      Absolutely!

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                      same here... DG and TR are still my top season 4 favs...i enjoyed SOW but i wasnt OMFGWOW about it....in fact i found some of it really slow going, it was only saved because of the great character moments...espesh those shep/teyla scenes.
                      That sums up how i felt about it perfectly. Good ep, bit slow, great moments.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                      It does seem that MG has written some of my favorites: The Storm/The Eye, Brotherhood, The Siege, Conversion, Coup d'Etat, The Return, Sunday (the Ronon and Sheppard scenes were inspired), First Strike, Adrift (another great example of the relationship between Sheppard and McKay), BAMSR. Strangely enough, he didn't do ToR.
                      Wow - he's written some good eps! But not ToR?! Which is my favourite McKay ep EVER!

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                      Apparently Damian Kindler wrote ToR. Who knew?

I may get slapped a bit for this one but I don't like Sunday and not for the reason so many people dislike it but just because I thought it was a horribly disjointed and uneven episode, the format didn't work and the characters didn't quite feel like themselves.
                      Damien Kindler huh? He should write more McKay eps.

I did like Sunday, but i know what you mean about it being disjointed. It threw me to start with and it was only when i watched it a second time that it flowed better.

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                      Well you see there's something else that I have a problem with, it's not that I dislike John/Ronon friendship moments but I find their interactions rather dull because you know that these two would be friends, its predictable . Don't get me wrong sometimes they are really funny and even touching together but I sometimes wish they'd mix up the character interaction a little more. I love Ronon and McKay together for instance and I always wish we'd seen more of Carson and John together and I think John and Radek work really well together too.
                      Ronan and McKay are brilliant together - i wish they'd make more of their friendship. And yeah, i think John and Radek make a good team too. I can see why they put Ronan and Joh together, cos they're so alike, but i'd rather see other pairings too.

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                      OT

Spoiler:
                      So I officially got a new job. I put in my resignation today and I'm starting my new job on the 28th. I'm very excited no more traveling and if I do need to travel it will only be for a day.
                      YAY!! Congrats! That's great news *hugs*

I would be more accepting of the McKay eps if they just had him learn from his mistakes and grow a little. MG has done some really good stuff, but he keeps moving McKay back to square one in behavior. It's one step forward and two back.
                      You are absolutely right! I never thought of it before, but yes! Other writers seem to let McKay grow and progress as a character, then MG comes along and writes him exactly as he was 4 years ago!
                      I do like many MG episodes, but yes, he doesn't seem to be doing the McKay character any favours, despite his obvious favouritism.
                      Maybe that explains why my fave McKay ep was not an MG........

So, how many days till Quarantine? I'm still not overly spoilered for it (didn't watch the full promo, just that little clip) so not sure what's going on, but the way everyone else is squeeing is getting me excited about it too.
                      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Okay, Ali, where's the fic?
                        Originally posted by caty View Post
                        Yahhayyy! Are we gonna see it online tonight?? Pretty please!
                        Sorry guys, I whacked it up on LJ and went straight to bed! Am going to get it up on ffnet later today but you can read it on my LJ here....
                        sigpic

Comment

knightie

On your thought

Spoiler:
                          He could have entered the ROTC which after four years makes him an officer. A friend of mine went to college, got a degree in chemistry and entered the Air Force as a Lieutenant. So, Shep could have done that.

I hope one day SOON we'll learn more about that.

Spoiler:
                          [/QUOTE]
                          My fanfic-
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                            woahhh...as a Shepaholic, I really should have steered clear of that Anti-Shep thread...
                            Yeah, I stay here and in the thunk thread.

Congrats, Sherry!!!

Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post

Eep - you didn't go in there?!

I had a quick look when it first appeared but i've not been in there lately.

Definately one to avoid!
                              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Hey guys.

*sighs* Not feeling so good today...

OT self pitying rant (feel free to skip, because I think it'll be long)
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm a bit down, but that's the PMS talking. It always makes me feel teary. I hate that. A needle falling in the floor can make me break down in tears and I feel so totally pathetic, because I just need control. I'm so like Shep in that way. I don't even like taking a Tylenol for a headache.

The thing is that, although I enjoy teaching, Dentistry is what I love. That's what I want to do the whole day. Spend 12h in my office working, having one patient after another, and the kind of exhausted I feel after that is so different. I feel so good after a good day of work. Teaching is something I need to do. And I like it, but not to the point of enjoying staying in school for eight hours a day, when only a couple of those is spend actually teaching. There is so much planning a class needs... And teacher is the lowest paying job there is. At least in Brazil. I would enjoy it a lot more if I was getting a good pay. Yes, it will allow me to pay my rent, and help my mom greatly for not having to afford me, and that is a even bigger bummer. Because I prefer to be in my office and not a class room. But then, when I'm there, I'm so focused and concentrated, I don't even realize I'm pretending. And it just crushes down in the morning when I'm here, minding my office, feeling so good. Then it's midday and I need to get ready to go, put the plastered face and smile and pretend to myself I love teaching as much as I love being a dentist. And I totally believe that for the next eight hours. And then I realize I'm lying to everyone, including myself.

And I also hate not being the boss. I'm so very good at saying 'yes, sir' but I hate not being able to do things the way I want. And I don't say anything about it mostly. I'm just socially inadequate and can't voice my opinions when there is a live audience. I do my program, turn into a robot and pretend. I'm a damn good teacher, and always got plenty of praise, but I just can't figure out why I'm so good in the class, whith only me and the students (or in my office with my patients), but turn into a complete retard when it turns to something outside of that. I just want to do things my own way and not having to go through anyone or feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Well, this made me feel a lot better. Don't get me wrong, I do like teaching, what I don't like is not being paid well enough and having to spend most of my days in school, instead of my office. They should either pay me more, or make me work less, because it's so damn unfair that I spent six years in college and spend thousands (and thousands and thousands) of money investing in my profession, but I'm mostly unable to perfom it because the market is so damn hard.

Also I should be writing, and just realized I'll have to re-write my whole fic again, because it's not running well with the developments of S4... and I just don't feel like it.

I found the whole character discussion very interesting and would join in if it was any other day. Right now I'll just say that the reason I watch Stargate is because of them, and their relationships keep getting better and better this season. I like all of them, but John and Rodney just have a very special place for me in my heart. I trully melt every time I see them together.
                                My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                                Sig and avi by me
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X