from Travelers

Spoiler:

Chicago Con Attendee 2011
      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
      GateCon Attendee 2008
      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Very interesting thoughts. It would really help if we knew if the poem referred to previous episodes or just to the new one's! The bit about,
        Spoiler:
        Sheppard battling bad luck on initial reading sounds wonderfully full of whump pontial, and has me really excited, but if it's not referring to a new episode, then it could well be talking about the events of Doppelganger, damn it! I'm hoping it's not a mix of old and new episode hints, but I have a feeling it is.

One thing though, JM has said Teyla doesn't have her baby in season 4, and that it's an innocent pregnancy, so the inference is Michael wasn't involved. Teyla just had sex and got preggers normally, by an Athosian name Kanan, I'm still presuming? JM has also said she's attached to the father of her baby, even though he's in absentia. Any birthing things, well, I'm thinking maybe about wraith births in SOW? We're due to find out in that episode about the reproduction of the wraith.

Also, I'm wondering if either Bates or Kav are alluded to in some lines? Particularly perhaps:

"The arrival of this one leave some feeling dismayed"
        Then again that could be about Carson or goodness knows who!

Some lines have me clueless! I have NO idea to which episodes JM is referring. The one about the brilliant one losing his mind is obviously about McKay, but is that TR, or a new episode? The Last Man, if it's a new one?

I hope JM says if the lines are referring to one or two episodes in each couplet, and if it's the complete season, or just the remaining 10 episodes of season 4! That would make all of this more easy to speculate about!
        It is difficult to know whether he is only referring to as yet unaired episodes. Last year he did talk about some of the episodes that had aired but if I recall correctly wasn't Canada ahead so that was why some people had already seen some of the episodes he was alluding to.

And there could well be stuff in there that is reference to what is coming in season five - the last poem had several hints for season four - and that could be why we can't make head nor tail of some of the comments. We really know next to nothing about season five yet.

Spoiler:
        I'm confess to being confused about Teyla. We know that it is a natural pregnancy that much is clear but there has been mention that Teyla's Wraith DNA may cause complications. And the thing that really has me confused is that Connor Trinneer talked a little about Michael at a convention and said that there was a connection between Michael and Teyla's pregnancy - now this could just be something that's got confused along the way or perhaps Connor was being deliberately misleading but all in all I'm horribly confused.

And I had totally forgotten about Kavanaugh coming back, possibly because I'm not a big fan of the character, he could be the "doctor from Earth" as well I guess. And I'd forgotten Bates too but then he's not a character I really remember much from the show anyway.

Comment

Congrats on
          2800 Posts
          Pisces

Loving all the speculations. I will have to get to his blog and read the poem soon.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
            ^I'm glad someone agrees with me. I tell you what I would like it to mean though...
            Spoiler:
            ...ZOMBIES!!!

Think about it though, Atlantis being assailed by mutants like those in Resident Evil or 28 Days Later, that could be so much fun.

Not going to happen though - perhaps I should put "Zombie Attack" on my season 5 wishlist.
            Spoiler:
            Zombies. That's a good one Josie.

As to my thoughts? That's difficult.

Spoiler:
            As you said, we certainly don't want the team to mutate into weird something or others. The reference could have referred to Tabula Rasa. A mild child illness bacteria mutating into something deadlier and infecting the whole city population.

Then again it could have something to do with Michael's bug creatures. After all, they are mutations and could infect Atlantis. Although, I think I like your idea better Josie.

As to mine....well how about huge rampant rats or mice or even poisonous snakes infecting the city and Shep gets bitten in more places than one. Causing high fever, delirium, breathing problems - leading to intubation and blood transfusions. No wait that could be an idea for a fanfic.

Congrats on 2800 posts Pisces!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              Congrats on
              2800 Posts
              Pisces
              Originally posted by Astraldust View Post

Congrats on 2800 posts Pisces!!
              Thank you!
              Chicago Con Attendee 2011
              Chicago Con Attendee 2010
              GateCon Attendee 2008
              Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

I hope everyone had fun New Year celebrations.

I've typed up my initial thoughts on Joe Mallozzi's spoiler poem on my LJ, you can find them here. Though be warned I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer this morning so I may have missed some glaringly obvious references.
                Hi

I agree with all except for
                Spoiler:
                The birth I think is the wraith birth in Spoils of War
                sigpic

Comment

It is difficult to know whether he is only referring to as yet unaired episodes. Last year he did talk about some of the episodes that had aired but if I recall correctly wasn't Canada ahead so that was why some people had already seen some of the episodes he was alluding to.

And there could well be stuff in there that is reference to what is coming in season five - the last poem had several hints for season four - and that could be why we can't make head nor tail of some of the comments. We really know next to nothing about season five yet.

Spoiler:
                  I'm confess to being confused about Teyla. We know that it is a natural pregnancy that much is clear but there has been mention that Teyla's Wraith DNA may cause complications. And the thing that really has me confused is that Connor Trinneer talked a little about Michael at a convention and said that there was a connection between Michael and Teyla's pregnancy - now this could just be something that's got confused along the way or perhaps Connor was being deliberately misleading but all in all I'm horribly confused.

And I had totally forgotten about Kavanaugh coming back, possibly because I'm not a big fan of the character, he could be the "doctor from Earth" as well I guess. And I'd forgotten Bates too but then he's not a character I really remember much from the show anyway.
                  Could
                  Spoiler:
                  the Sheppard bad luck mean getting tied up in the chair in BASMR?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                    Could
                    Spoiler:
                    No, that would be good luck! Oh, you probably meant for Shep! Well.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                      Could
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't think that...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...getting captured and tied up would count as that happens all the time.

Actually I wondered if this is the B plot to Trio as it is coupled with a clear reference to that episode:

In an underground chamber the trio is stuck,
                      While Sheppard battles some really bad luck.

Perhaps with Carter away Shep is left in charge of Atlantis and everything starts going to hell with out McKay to fix it.

Comment

I can't think that...
                        Spoiler:
                        ...getting captured and tied up would count as that happens all the time.

Actually I wondered if this is the B plot to Trio as it is coupled with a clear reference to that episode:

In an underground chamber the trio is stuck,
                        While Sheppard battles some really bad luck.

Perhaps with Carter away Shep is left in charge of Atlantis and everything starts going to hell with out McKay to fix it.
                        Now I like that idea!
                        sigpic

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

I am so tired, didn't get to bed until after 3.00am this morning Gah have to go to work tomorrow

Pisces27 Congrats on 2800

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                          I also hope our new year is filled with much sheppy whump!! cant believe BAMSR is nearly on.....funny how it seemed to take forever- the wait for season 4 and now we're already half way through!
                          Woohooo!!!!! and squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          Shep needs to have a craving of some kind. Some sort of insatiable need for a food that he can't get right away. There are probably some fics out there about that. I will have to go look.
                          I now have an image of Sheppard routing around in McKays quarters looking for what he is craving and McKay having booby trapped his stash, but taking it a little too far, therefore causing Sheppard to end up whumped

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Woohoo! Good start to the new year... hubby's got a new job! He went for a second interview today in London and they called him less than 2 hours later to offer him the job! They need to sort the paperwork out etc and he could be starting as soon as next week!
                          Oh thats wonderful news Ali!!!

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          Squeee!! JM has posted another New Year's poem at

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Let the speculation begin!!!
                          Wanders over to read, but is too sleepy to make any sense of it all

The only thing I have to contribute on the poem front, is I think its the whole of season 4 but only because of....

Spoiler:
                          While a group of replacements puts the team in a bind.
                          I took that literally as maybe the clones from TMC, but I am sleep deprived, so I am not really up to much speculating today and could be wandering around in the completely wrong direction.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            I am the same way as to the confused about Teyla. But, didn't JM say in blog that we were going to see a Wratih birth? I forgot about Kavanaugh coming back!

So, Kavanaugh, must be the Doctor from Earth they are talking about to help.
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Happy New Year Whumping Crew
                              *ouch*

Sorry I haven't got on earlier, but i'm dying! I got home about 6AM and am still suffering. Hope to be about tomorrow if I live that long....

Nausea, headache, tired, sicky..... *tries to remember to whump shep not self*

Loved the poem from Mr M, but at the moment, I am having trouble concentrating on anything but my bed. But the whole Shep having
                              Spoiler:
                              bad luck sounds like it could be lots of fun, and playing detective to? Woohooooooooo!!

*ouch*

So, hope everyone had a great New Year!! I'll catch you all hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

**gently hugs Peg and whispers**

Happy New Year! Go rest up!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X