No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am loving all the choices and comments for favorite/never want to see again eps! Great stuff, and makes me want to dig out all the DVDs and have a massive marathon. Hmmm, I may just do that on New Year's Day to kick 2008 off right! LOL

I watched MC again late last night.
    Spoiler:
    I am still very impressed with Shep's handling of Wallace. Kudos to the writers, directors, etc., and especially Joe, for taking the very restrained, understated route. It kept Shep in character, and made it so much more powerful. Hopefully, there will be consequences - emotional whump - to come!

Comment

^ good idea, kick of 2008 how it should be done, start the year how it needs to go on good plan Lorr

Comment

I might have to think about doing that too. A whumpy New Year's Day.

I know I need to get back on the treadmill so that means an episode a day at least.
        sigpic

Comment

I just saw over on the SciFi channel schedule that they are going to start showing SGA Season 1 during the week at 5 PM starting Wed Jan 2. I hope they don't change their minds after a few eps. They need to do some PR work.
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
            I just saw over on the SciFi channel schedule that they are going to start showing SGA Season 1 during the week at 5 PM starting Wed Jan 2. I hope they don't change their minds after a few eps. They need to do some PR work.
            Well, I hope they show ALL the eps (even not our favorites) in order. they should be showing them on weekends, when more people might tune in, but it is better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              I might have to think about doing that too. A whumpy New Year's Day.

I know I need to get back on the treadmill so that means an episode a day at least.
              all this whumpy talk has made me wanna dig out my season 1 dvds and watch 38 mins and TDO...i cant actually remember the last time i watched them...tis been a while!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Hey Whumpers!

How is everyone this evening?

IHS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                  I dont know why but TLG being there surprises me......i loved the fact he was a bit whumped and in the infirmary at the end....just too many plot holes and easy way outs in this ep to make me fully appreciate it! now if shep had got shot... lol
                  epiphany wouldve been better had they stuck to JF's original idea, brad wright really ruined it....or they couldve at least not had that stupid healing girl in it!!! so when the team came shep was all bloody and injured and mmmmmm
                  Oh, but Shep did get shot (OK, in the arm) by Rodney. I don't know that I can really explain why I like TLG so much. I just find it immensely rewatchable. I love seeing Shep (although it isn't really him) so OOC. I love that he thinks Ronon is the only threat but gets caught by Teyla. I love how Shep can influence Thalen enough to save Ronon. I find the cat-and-mouse bit with Weir highly entertaining.

Epiphany I found to be boring. BORING. I love the Shep angst when he thinks his people have forgotten him, but the pansy wannabe Ancients were dull. And the invisible "fear" creature. Please. I found Sanctuary boring as well.

I don't find TRW to be very rewatchable, but I really liked it the first time around. And unlike most, I love GUP.

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                  I am loving all the choices and comments for favorite/never want to see again eps! Great stuff, and makes me want to dig out all the DVDs and have a massive marathon. Hmmm, I may just do that on New Year's Day to kick 2008 off right! LOL

I watched MC again late last night.
                  Spoiler:
                  I am still very impressed with Shep's handling of Wallace. Kudos to the writers, directors, etc., and especially Joe, for taking the very restrained, understated route. It kept Shep in character, and made it so much more powerful. Hopefully, there will be consequences - emotional whump - to come!
                  And there is a marathon on SciFi on Jan 4 of the first half of S4 for any that have "lost" some eps.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I would love to start the New Year off right with a Shep Marathon. Don't know how hubby would react though! He actually has 3 whole days off work for a change.

Yesterday I was thinking there was an episode or two that I didn't care for and I forgot "Missing". Also the other Lucius episode.......I forget which one I mentioned yesterday....but the other one as well. "Missing"......way too little of the guys in this one. It did have Shep in the suit, which was a treat. Not the best Keller ep either....she annoyed me in that one, and usually I don't mind her.

New Year's resolutions? Meet Joe for one! Also......I have got to stop with the sweets (she says as she looks at chocolate). I mean, I have gone overboard this holiday season. It's gotta stop.

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.

I got a great hubby. I asked for the set visit in lieu of a party. So I didn't think he would throw one but they did. I got a big surprise party yesterday.

The kids put this awesome colage together and the center is the picture of me and the boys. Salty is in it too along with the entire gateworld attendees at the NJ Conversion. So sheppy D and Gategeek you will be forever in my collage.

The kids swiped my stargate toys and put them as part of the centerpiece in each table and of course my table had the gate. Too bad the SGA toys are still not out.

On another note I thought the Joe didn't remember the Silent Men and had a really tiny part in it. That is what I remember from someone asking him about it at a Con. So hopefully if someone does buy it they will let us know if its worth it.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, Knightie! You do have a great family! I'm glad you had a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                          And unlike most, I love GUP.
                          I like GUP too.

Glad you had a fab birthday Knightie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                            I agree about the PR work.
                            I'm disappointed that haven't any sneak peaks for BAMSR and they still don't have any pics in the gallery.
                            At least there's 5 more days until BAMSR airs.
                            Angst and Whump sounds good to me.

Comment

Page 2 again?!

Here are some whump pics from the eps discussed today...up to and including S3
                              Spoiler:

5 days to Friday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                                I would love to start the New Year off right with a Shep Marathon. Don't know how hubby would react though! He actually has 3 whole days off work for a change.

Yesterday I was thinking there was an episode or two that I didn't care for and I forgot "Missing". Also the other Lucius episode.......I forget which one I mentioned yesterday....but the other one as well. "Missing"......way too little of the guys in this one. It did have Shep in the suit, which was a treat. Not the best Keller ep either....she annoyed me in that one, and usually I don't mind her.

New Year's resolutions? Meet Joe for one! Also......I have got to stop with the sweets (she says as she looks at chocolate). I mean, I have gone overboard this holiday season. It's gotta stop.

IHS

Yes Missing is way down the bottom for me too!!!

My top three like Linzi would be 38 Minutes (shumpidoodlesquee!) CG and TDO but just under that would be DG, TR and conversion. But I also like TLG and Echoes very much

BTW I know what you mean about the chocolate...some friends sent me a chocolate hamper for christmas with basically $100 of chocolate in it!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X