• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Whumpers!

Well, I survived another Christmas! My favorite present was
    Spoiler:
    a Drew Brees official NFL jersey
    Very SQUEEE! We finished opening at my in-laws' house at about 1 am. I went to bed and couldn't sleep so I turned on the TV.....and caught part of the SGA Marathon! Ah....the perfect ending to a hectic day......SHEP!

Off to catch up.

IHS
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
      Hey Whumpers!

Well, I survived another Christmas! My favorite present was
      Spoiler:
      a Drew Brees official NFL jersey
      Very SQUEEE! We finished opening at my in-laws' house at about 1 am. I went to bed and couldn't sleep so I turned on the TV.....and caught part of the SGA Marathon! Ah....the perfect ending to a hectic day......SHEP!

Off to catch up.

IHS
      SGA Marathon!! That would be a great way to end the day for sure. Glad you got a great gift too. Sounds like you had a fun holiday.

Who knows, maybe next year we'll all get that Shep whump action figure.
      sigpic

Comment

GG.......Love the siggy! *snort*

Oh yeah.......the Shep AF! Gotta have one of those. I also need to order "Blood Ties" now that Christmas is past.

We were getting ready for bed and as I was flipping through the channels and came across the end of that S-1 episode with Cowan, I must have squealed with delight. Hubby came up behind me and saw what I was looking at, and says, "Oh Lord. Now we won't get ANY sleep." *giggle*

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

*waves* anyone around?
          sigpic
          My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
            *waves* anyone around?
            I'm here for a few more minutes. How was your Christmas?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7 View Post
              DEFIANT ONE really should have been a 2 parter. They could have done a whole second hour dealing with John's injuries and the reality of Gaul's death. BOth guys needed to deal with it and John could have helped Rodney with Gaul and his own guilt would have come into play, and all the while he would have been trying to avoid the infirmary. We NEED to SEE SHeppard and Carson interaction over Shep's injuries. NEED NEED NEED! LOL
              I agree. It would be nice to see a little bit of aftermath to some of these stories. See the rehabilitation of some of the injuries, instead of them walking around the very next episode like nothing happened.

Originally posted by emily_reich View Post
              lol... so ya must have liked hot zone...

feel free to watch from a distance... shep whumping is great from any distance
              Yes, yes it is.

Originally posted by joescookiem View Post
              I love Shep getting whumped!! Especially the physical whumped. I loved 38 minutes and The Defiant One. In 38 Minutes, when he tells Ford, "Please don't do that again!" I just wanted to hug him to pieces. In The Defiant One, at the end, I wanted to put him the bathtub and clean him up [and tape up his ribs]!

I also like the emotional whump. In Sanctuary, when Shep goes to help Chaya defend her people, she tells him to leave and she'll take care of it. He watches her fade out, and when he turns back he looks like he wants to cry or something. It broke my heart.

Joe is so good at expressing emotions. It seems so real. I can't wait until The Siege 1 & 2 - everyone who's seen the eps says that he seems weary.
              Yes, weary is a good way to put it. Yes, Sactuary, TDO and 38 Min are some of my favorite whumpage.

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              I always thought I was odd that I would get that little thrill when my guy got hurt. It wasn't until I found TV fandoms on the 'net and found there was actually a name for it and realized others feel the same way. I get that tummy flip and the cold sweat when hurt is inflicted. And gimme physical hurt, not emotional stuff. Imagine my thrill that 3 eps into Atlantis I got to enjoy a totally Shep whumping ep!! And he was AWESOME!

I'm hoping Season 2 gives us lots of whump! Shep whump please.
              You know, I was the same way. Until this forum, I had no idea what the attraction was for me.

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
              Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                I posted this in the Thunk thread also. I thought all of you would like to know too!
                Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  Awesome!!!
                  Indeed! Thanks, Elf!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas?

Congrats to all the milestoners, and I can't wait for BAMSR! I'm really excited about the second half of the season! I hope there'll be lots of new year Sheppy whump!

I've remained spoiler free, yes, miracles can happen at Christmas!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, indeed, season 4 has been quite promising in the Whump department.

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
                    Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Indeed! Thanks, Elf!

Congrats to all the milestoners, and I can't wait for BAMSR! I'm really excited about the second half of the season! I hope there'll be lots of new year Sheppy whump!

Yeah for you staying spoiler free. I did that for last season and found myself enjoying the show so much more. I didn't get strict about spoilers though. I just avoided reading things from people who had already seen the ep and I didn't speculate on what I did know.

I had a great Christmas. Hope you did too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        Yeah for you staying spoiler free. I did that for last season and found myself enjoying the show so much more. I didn't get strict about spoilers though. I just avoided reading things from people who had already seen the ep and I didn't speculate on what I did know.

I had a great Christmas. Hope you did too!
                        I'm trying to stay really spoiler free - so no promo trailers or anything, which has been hard at times!

I had a good Christmas thanks! My littlest one is poorly though, and struggled to survive Christmas day through sheer willpower. She was very sick yesterday, and still has a high temp today and is in bed. Otherwise all was good thanks!

I have to mention my favourite pressie! Hmmm, that would be my Sheppy Bear! It's a cuddly, soft, cream coloured Russ bear, with a white t-shirt on which says 'Sheppy Bear' on the back, and has a piccie of Sheppard from CG on the front - the one where his gag is around his neck and he looks really concerned, not surprisingly enough, but so handsome it makes me thunk!!! . I also love a Sheppard mug I was given. It has the angsty/concerned look from Sheppard on it from DG.
                        Spoiler:
                        The one where he's trying to talk down Lorne from his sleepwalking nightmare
                        One of my favourite piccies! I got lots of other lovely stuff too, but those are my favourites! Thanks to SheppyD for my lovely bear! I adore him!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to stay really spoiler free - so no promo trailers or anything, which has been hard at times!

I had a good Christmas thanks! My littlest one is poorly though, and struggled to survive Christmas day through sheer willpower. She was very sick yesterday, and still has a high temp today and is in bed. Otherwise all was good thanks!

I have to mention my favourite pressie! Hmmm, that would be my Sheppy Bear! It's a cuddly, soft, cream coloured Russ bear, with a white t-shirt on which says 'Sheppy Bear' on the back, and has a piccie of Sheppard from CG on the front - the one where his gag is around his neck and he looks really concerned, not surprisingly enough, but so handsome it makes me thunk!!! . I also love a Sheppard mug I was given. It has the angsty/concerned look from Sheppard on it from DG.
                          Spoiler:
                          One of my favourite piccies! I got lots of other lovely stuff too, but those are my favourites! Thanks to SheppyD for my lovely bear! I adore him!
                          How nice you got Shep stuff!!! Now you get to see a whumped Shep every time you take a drink. I think I would make that my permanent cup for drinking anything.

Sorry the little one is feeling poorly. There's not much worse than being sick on a Holiday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Indeed! Thanks, Elf!

I almost clicked over Christmas with all these links to the various promos - but I stayed strong

Spoiler:

Oh no poor thing !! Hope that she feels better soon!!!!

That is strange! My fave gift was an awesome Sheppy Bear too. He is so lovely - I will have to post a pic of my boy Sounds very much like the one that you got (Thanks Sweetie!)

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers!!

Linz - I hope the little one gets well real soon!! ((HUGS)). Good for you for getting some great Shep items. From SheppyD too...that is cool.

Ack! I gotta go to work today. Wish I could take the rest of the week off, but no such luck.

Hope everyone has a great day filled with lots of Sheppy whump! Talk to ya all later.
                              sigpic

Comment

morning whumpers
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X