John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate_Strider View Post
    Speaking of hair whump, does anyone think that with Atlantis officially under military control Col Carter will expect Sheppard to get a regulation haircut?
    Just say NOOOOOOOOO!
    Chicago Con Attendee 2011
    Chicago Con Attendee 2010
    GateCon Attendee 2008
    Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehah!! We have a date! 28 September! 91 days and counting!!!

*ahem* And, assuming no unexpected pre-emptions, 112 days till Doppelganger!! Wooooooooooooo!!!
      Wooooooooooot!!!!! Yay season 4!!!
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Hiya whumpers!! You've been chatty in here today, and now no one's here - is there a new ep of SGA that I don't know about? New eps in the US on Sept 28th!! SQUEEEEEE!!!

Originally posted by Josie View Post
        I'd guess this person was going to a con and Joe pulled out and they're pretty bitter about it, they seem to fail to realise that when you have a family, particularly with young children, things can come up at the last minute, not to mention that he has pulled out of at least one con because he was filming Atlantis.
        I'm putting in my 2 cents about the poster in JM's blog - I was venting to my buddy WWLH about it today - I was disappointed last year when Joe pulled out from the NJ con but accepted that there were reasons for it. Of course, when Michael Shanks and Beau Bridges both dropped out, then you just had to laugh! And I was on cloud 9 when Joe returned a week before the con. But I digress! I'm sure all these actors sign contracts months in advance and then there are circumstances that come up that prevent them from attending, especially when they have to get on a plane and go. And Joe's the only one with little kids and speaking as a parent, things come up unexpectedly! That Anonymous poster needs a life! Having met Joe twice, he seems very appreciative of his fans and seems very comfortable around them, not freaked out at all. I'm sure he knows of his appeal to the fans, and accepts it.

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Last I heard, the bottom pinching (er, grabbing) episode was a fan who got too grabby with Michael. Tsk. As for the 'naked arse' shot, it's a screencap from that movie, er, um, name escapes me, the college one. But missed it on the thunk thread as I'd need a month to go back and read all those posts!

You know, I have seen fans ask actors about slash and just want to cringe. That's a strictly fan genre thing, and I'm sure most actors just shake their heads at it and definitely ignore it. As for the salute thing, I either saw it at the NJ con, or it happened elsewhere and I remember reading about it. Anyway, there is a point whereyou just realize it's a tv show and live with what they give you in respect to that stuff. I mean, heh, what next? Someone suggesting how he should tuck his pants in his boots? (Oh no, now I've given someone an idea for the next con!)
        The salute thing wasn't at NJ, but didn't he comment on "ships" between the males on the show? I'm still waiting for a fellow whumper to get up and ask him about being whumped!

BTW, I have that movie - wanna come over for movie night?

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Although I think one of the worst Q&As ever was the fan who told Jason Momoa - I don't watch SGA, tell me why I should watch it' Ouch.
        There were worse - didn't someone say the same thing to Joe about not watching? And someone asked Cliff Simon how he got his eyes to glow I'm just glad no one freaked Joe out by asking him if he liked getting hurt!

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

I love boxers, in fact I don't think i've seen a dog that I didn't like. How old is she? She only looks young.
        I love boxers too! Especially the peekage kind
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
          Oh noes! Actually, if you look at some of the promos...his hair DOES look a bit shorter... *gasp*
          NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*ahem* And, assuming no unexpected pre-emptions, 112 days till Doppelganger!! Wooooooooooooo!!!
          ACK!! Doppelganger is airing during the NJ Con!!!! ACK!

So is it just the US starting on the 28th or are we all really getting it at the same time? I want to squeeeee all at the same time!
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 1400 Bebop!

Originally posted by Gate_Strider View Post
            Speaking of hair whump, does anyone think that with Atlantis officially under military control Col Carter will expect Sheppard to get a regulation haircut?
            I am sure there would be repercussions from which the TPTB would recover.

I think I just ruptured a vocal chord from the squee.

Spoiler:
            SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Salty View Post
            The salute thing wasn't at NJ, but didn't he comment on "ships" between the males on the show? I'm still waiting for a fellow whumper to get up and ask him about being whumped!
            It was Vancouver in 2006. I think he gets asked the ship question everywhere. He was asked in Vancouver as well. Kinda like singing the same song at every concert.

BTW - Echoes is on SciFi at midnight tonight. SQUEEEE!!

I think I need to go read the comments posted in JM's blog since this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              It was Vancouver in 2006. I think he gets asked the ship question everywhere. He was asked in Vancouver as well. Kinda like singing the same song at every concert.

BTW - Echoes is on SciFi at midnight tonight. SQUEEEE!!

I think I need to go read the comments posted in JM's blog since this morning!

Thanks for the heads up on Echoes!!! I'm gonna try to stay awake to watch!
              sigpic

Comment

Where did this info come from? Is there a link?

ETA: Nevermind. Found it.

Air date
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                  Where did this info come from? Is there a link?

ETA: Nevermind. Found it.

Air date
                  Grrr I know I've signed up, but I have all kinds of trouble with the SciFi site. I can't log on, can't retrieve my password, can't email tech assistance. I think SicFi has been reading some of my posts and has blackballed me!

I just spent the last 45 minutes reading the comments in JM's blog from yesteray and today. Wow! No wonder he mentioned the actors being the focus of the comments! They were all great posts by the whumpers, btw!!

Comment

Yes...well done everyone who posted a reply on JM's blog. I think there was Peg, Linzi, Ali and SheppyD. Really great replies. I wanted to post a reply but couldn't seem to string sentences together yesterday!! I put it down to the damp weather!!

Yippee to s4 starting Sept 28. Not long now!

Ali - just catching up with the thread and see you're going to be on The Weakest Link soon and you told the researcher you're a scifi fan!! I have a sneaking suspicion Anne might be to. Do you remember a few years back they had a Star Trek Weakest Link special? Robert Picardo won it I think. Hee hee! I bet Anne's a Trekkie!!

Comment

Morning whumpers! How's everyone today?

So, September 28th? Well it's a Friday, so that's good. Anyone know what it'll be up against? Was is Las Vegas? I've only seen clips of that show and it looks total pants to me, but is it popular is the US? I really hope SciFi promote the heck out of SGA!

Salty - Joe has been asked about whump. Not if he liked it but he was asked at P1 if there was any coming up in season 2. He got quite confused about it and thought people didn't like his character and wanted to hurt him because they disliked Shep, bless. I think the fans he spoke to got him to understand in the end. , but he was bvery bemused by it all. He was also grilled about slash there too, I understand, and some wouldn't let it go when he didn't give the answers they wanted to hear, which is not very nice. Poor bloke didn't have a clue what people were on about, and why would he? I think ship, slash and whump questions shouldn't be asked at cons personally. Spoilers about arcs for characters and plots? Oh yes! They should definitely be asked all the time!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                        Yes...well done everyone who posted a reply on JM's blog. I think there was Peg, Linzi, Ali and SheppyD. Really great replies. I wanted to post a reply but couldn't seem to string sentences together yesterday!! I put it down to the damp weather!!

Ali - just catching up with the thread and see you're going to be on The Weakest Link soon and you told the researcher you're a scifi fan!! I have a sneaking suspicion Anne might be to. Do you remember a few years back they had a Star Trek Weakest Link special? Robert Picardo won it I think. Hee hee! I bet Anne's a Trekkie!!

Morning Eli!

Of course you can string a sentence together, silly! I think you were just a little excited about season 4, and got thunk and whumped out!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                          Morning Eli!

Of course you can string a sentence together, silly! I think you were just a little excited about season 4, and got thunk and whumped out!
                          Hi there Linzi!

Yep...let's go with that. Overcome by thunkiness and whumpiness!!

I can remember reading about Joe's experience at P1 to. I think they went a bit too far with all the relationship type questions on his first day that he said he wasn't going to answer any of those type of questions on the second day.

Comment

Hi there Linzi!

Yep...let's go with that. Overcome by thunkiness and whumpiness!!

I can remember reading about Joe's experience at P1 to. I think they went a bit too far with all the relationship type questions on his first day that he said he wasn't going to answer any of those type of questions on the second day.

I think you're right - the questions were very intense and not appropriate really. He needed some sort of guide to the fandom lingo and an accelerated learning course on how to change the subject quickly! He's an old pro now, hence he jokes about ship and slash pairings. I'd imagine it'd have been a little intimidating though! It obviously didn't put him off though, as he's been to many cons since, so that's good.

I can't believe we have 91 days to wait. It's a long time, but it's in sight! That means not too long after that till DG. I don't think I've ever looked forward so much to a new season premiering! Woo hoo!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                              That sounds fun.
                              It is mate, and its really good for Maggie too as she learns to behave properly..

Originally posted by Cookiemaster View Post
                              AHHH, animals...
                              Heres my dog... I also got 2 gerbils and a bunch of guinea pigs... I could show you millions of pictures... *looks at thread title and put the pictures away*

Spoiler:

That's Ruby, 10 years old cocker-whatever-mutt. We got her from the local animal shelter when she was 2,5 years... originally she's from Spain.

More on Dogster: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/516909
                              She is even friends with Mars...at least online... woo hoo...
                              Today she is really mad at me, cause she had to took a bath... now she curled up in her dog basket and does that little dreaming noises... sooo cute...

Edit: Woo hoo... 90 posts... *fireworks*
                              Very cute dawg there mate!

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                              Congrats on 1400 Bebop!
                              Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                              What Ruffles said DITTO
                              Thanks peeps!

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                              *wanders in giggling at annoyingmoose posts on JM's blog*

*Happy dance* Bebop is making magic woohoo!!!
                              annoyingmoose...

and yes...the pen is working again for ya mate.....

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                              Ditto congrats hunny!!
                              Thanks.

She's not fully grown at 19 months? Er, when do they become fully grown then? Lucy is a chocolate lab, and I figured at nearly 9 months old that she was full grown, or nearly. Oh well...

Awwww, she's so sweet!

Ditto! Congrats, Bebop!!!

Hair whump? *Linz wimpers*
                              Thanks Linzi..and no, boxers aren't full grown til they're at least 2.

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                              Well in the end we all know who ends up looking pathetic - and its not us

Well at least I managed to get 'intubated - fevered and restrained and nekkid under the infirmary sheet' in my post today. hehehe
                              You did at that...sneaky..

Wheeeeee! Howdy whumpers! Gosh I miss you guys... I'm so busy at work etc atm that I barely get chance to even read through the posts, let alone post and chat.. *sigh*

However, am pleased to report that the new role is going pretty well... in fact, I'm really quite excited...

OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm still working on the 3 roles I have been dealing with for the past few weeks and they are mostly progressing well.. but we had a conference call with the client today and they have basically asked us to also recruit a further 3 roles... and my manager sent them an email setting out the fees and charging a retainer for those 3 roles...

..and he's texted me this evening to say that they have agreed to the fees and the retainer and my manager and I are splitting the retainer 50/50... which basically means that, on MOnday, I get to board my first ever fees against my name as a consultant!! £4,500!!! It's super exciting for me - my first boarded fees! Woooo! (And I get 10% of that paid to me as commission! )

So it's all busy and exciting stuff. And there's Dr Who to look forward to tomorrow.. and we're gonna go see Shrek 3 this weekend and maybe Waddington airshow on Sunday if the weather is not too horrible... it's all good stuff atm!
                              YAY for Ali...I'm really glad work is going well for ya, you deserve it mate!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                              Congrats on 1400 Bebop!
                              Thanks Lorr!
                              sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Thanks Eli!!!!

I dont think I said anything too great - but just felt I had to make some attempt to reply!!!! Poo to the people that are mean to Joe and his thunkers!!!

Morning whumpers! How's everyone today?

So, September 28th? Well it's a Friday, so that's good. Anyone know what it'll be up against? Was is Las Vegas? I've only seen clips of that show and it looks total pants to me, but is it popular is the US? I really hope SciFi promote the heck out of SGA!

Salty - Joe has been asked about whump. Not if he liked it but he was asked at P1 if there was any coming up in season 2. He got quite confused about it and thought people didn't like his character and wanted to hurt him because they disliked Shep, bless. I think the fans he spoke to got him to understand in the end. , but he was bvery bemused by it all. He was also grilled about slash there too, I understand, and some wouldn't let it go when he didn't give the answers they wanted to hear, which is not very nice. Poor bloke didn't have a clue what people were on about, and why would he? I think ship, slash and whump questions shouldn't be asked at cons personally. Spoilers about arcs for characters and plots? Oh yes! They should definitely be asked all the time!
                                Squeeeeeeeeee at getting a proper date- although poo that it is the last possible Friday in September grrrrrrrrr

Poor Joe- I hope he does understand whump a little better now.

Originally posted by bebop View Post

You did at that...sneaky..

Well you cant mention these things often enough can you ?

Comment

Working...
                                X