No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read JM's blog of the day. The man is certifible (sp?)! I LMAO at his answer regarding
    Spoiler:
    the killing off of McKay!

Roo, I doubt they'l mess too much with the Shep/McKay dynamic (at least I hope not). It works too well and is popular. I also doubt that they'll diminish Shep's ability to come up with solutions to problems. The thing that he is so good at that McKay and Carter aren't is intuitive, leap of faith thinking. They are scientists and think like scientists. Sorry for the stereotyping. I love to know how and why everything works, too. Seeing the big picture sometimes suffers with that thinking.

Comment

But, then again, they've done some very nonsensical things.

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
        Congrats on 2200 Pocus!! Way to go!
        YAY Pocus!!!!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Congrats to Peggy on 900 posts!!!
        And YAY Peggy!!

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
        Anonymous #12 writes: “My question is as someone who is concerned about the inclusion of carter..can you please at least assure me that the focus will definately be on shep's team and not to heavy on sam??”

Answer: Carter will play a support role on Atlantis. The focus will remain on Shep’s team. However, Carter’s science and military background will allow her to play an active role should the need arise

THATS MY QUESTION WOOO!!! even though he ignored my request for more whumpy tidbits and dint say whether shep would be CO or not!
        I greened you for a most excellent question and answer!!!

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
        So far we have

Intubated - 1

Shot with bullets - 1

Fevered and restrained - 3

Drug induced Hallucination- 1

I will add

Hanging from chains being whipped - 1

I'm planning on watching Return Part 1 to get ready for next Friday night - SQUEEEEEEE - just waiting for hubby to finish putting SaltyJunior to bed so he can watch with me!!
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          Has someone lost their Shep clone??...
          Spoiler:
          brilliant Blue!!
          Originally posted by Lorr View Post
          GUP is on at the moment, but since most of it is McKay & Carter, I have time to play here! (I know that's nasty, but I can watch the flooding Jumper scenes only so often.)

Congrats to all the milestoners! I was keeping track of everyone, then saw SGAFan's new piccies and Bluealiens WPs and O1's vid and lost my way. I do rmember Caty, Erika, Peggy and Pocus! Sorry if I missed anyone.

Good news with getting your questions answered GG & Roo! He ignores mine. I must send more chocolate! lol

Okay, I missed the vote on which whump we want but, I'm going to weigh in, anyway.
          Spoiler:
          Sheppard attacks his team while having drug induced hallucinations. Rodney shoots him in a panic (as usual) and he ends up in the infirmary. The wound becomes infected, and Shep gets a high fever. he has to be restrained because he's delerious and is trying to get out of bed. Then he has convulsions, goes into a coma and stops breathing. He has to be intubated to save his life.
          I know I added a couple of things, but, hey, why not while I was at it?

Oops, need to rewind the DVR back to the Sheppy bit I missed on GUP. be back in a minute!
          GUP BLAAAAAAH!!! hehe
          i like your add ons LOL why not indeed!!
          Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper View Post
          I'm soooo glad you got your SQUEE back, Roo!!!! Let's hope S4 lives up to our wildest expectations.

And thanks for the green!

WB
          no probs!! yep im so squee about season 4.....i want it now!!!!!!!
          I just read JM's blog of the day. The man is certifible (sp?)! I LMAO at his answer regarding
          Spoiler:
          the killing off of McKay!

Roo, I doubt they'l mess too much with the Shep/McKay dynamic (at least I hope not). It works too well and is popular. I also doubt that they'll diminish Shep's ability to come up with solutions to problems. The thing that he is so good at that McKay and Carter aren't is intuitive, leap of faith thinking. They are scientists and think like scientists. Sorry for the stereotyping. I love to know how and why everything works, too. Seeing the big picture sometimes suffers with that thinking.
          that was absolute GENIUS that answer i was LMAO!!! brilliant!!
          im glad he answered my question....i dont think they will mess with that dynamic either....i just wanted confirmation it was gonna be a team season, which is what i wanted from the cast changes....sam as a support role i can take...i wonder who will come up with the ideas to save the say...i guess they will take it in turns lol
          its interesting we have full science mckay, full military shep and science and military carter so it should be an interesting dynamic...although mckay and shep are better
          right enough carter speak.......i prefer shep and the whump!!
          just watched 38 mins and conversion (ok with a bit of FF!) ahhh whumpilicious!!!!
          now off to bed night night!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

But, then again, they've done some very nonsensical things.
            hmmm true...well we shall see wont we.....surely if they carter saving the day all the time that really would piss the fans off....tptb already know theyre on shaky ground and to make carter the alll knowing super god they normally do wont work in their favour on our show...!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              aww thanks salty!! its funny i added my question as a last minute thing thinking he wouldnt answer...im glad i did now!!

right im going to take some cough medicine (finally found one that wont kill me-bloody asthma!!) and go to bed!!

really i am going now lol night night!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                YAY Pocus!!!!
                And YAY Peggy!!

I will add

Hanging from chains being whipped - 1

I'm planning on watching Return Part 1 to get ready for next Friday night - SQUEEEEEEE - just waiting for hubby to finish putting SaltyJunior to bed so he can watch with me!!
                Thanks Salty!!!

Woo Hoo less than 1 week to go! Why does it seem that this week will take longer to get through than the last 6 months.

I wish I could watch Return 1. For some reason our DVR erases things randomly. (sometimes Hubby does too, grr) and all of the first half of the season has disappeared.

At least I just got season 2 DVDs today. I can go on a Perve...uh...Conversion craze!!!!!!

Conversion -spoiler for amount
                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                  Oh thats awesome - I have never thought of using photobucket before - ummmm maybe I should upload a couple of Expo clips some time.
                  Oooh yes. You definitely should!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  That is such a great video! Thanks for linking it!
                  It is indeed a fab video!

My vote - if forced to choose - has to go with fevered and restrained...

Intubated - 1
                  Shot with bullets - 1
                  Fevered and restrained - 5
                  Drug induced Hallucination- 1

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                  Have you read the other answers, his reply to "Anonymous#10" has to be the best answer he's ever given to a question. Genius!
                  I laughed so much I *cried* reading JM's blog tonight!

Had a busy day today with wandering around town with Arctic Penguin and then spending the afternoon with AP and I watching Dresden Files, having a bit of a BBQ in the garden and watching my husband tackle the gardening with a combination of axes, loppers and a pressure hose! Oh and AP did some anger management therapy on some bushes with an axe!

And then we watched Dr Who. And it was FAB! Am so loving this season... (and yet more whump in this ep.. dammit, if Dr Who can cry out in pain and/or collapse unconscious to the floor in every ep so far then why can't Sheppy?! )

I've finished off my evening watching Runner and Duet and now I'm off to bed! Gnight folks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    I laughed so much I *cried* reading JM's blog tonight!

Had a busy day today with wandering around town with Arctic Penguin and then spending the afternoon with AP and I watching Dresden Files, having a bit of a BBQ in the garden and watching my husband tackle the gardening with a combination of axes, loppers and a pressure hose! Oh and AP did some anger management therapy on some bushes with an axe!

And then we watched Dr Who. And it was FAB! Am so loving this season... (and yet more whump in this ep.. dammit, if Dr Who can cry out in pain and/or collapse unconscious to the floor in every ep so far then why can't Sheppy?! )

I've finished off my evening watching Runner and Duet and now I'm off to bed! Gnight folks!
                    Sounds like you had a great day.

I can't wait for the next Season of Dr. Who. I never got into the older series even though Hubby LOVES them. Tom Baker and K9 were the only eps that even semi caught my attention. Now, I love the show myself!

**note to self check on Dr. Who on Sci Fi**
                    sigpic

Comment

*peeks in the whumper thread...looks around* Seems the whumpers always vcome out to play when I'm not around. *sneaks back out*
                      sigpic

Comment

OK...lets see if I get this right............

CONGRATS TO

PEG ON 900 POSTS!!!
                        POCUS ON 2200 POST!!!

WAY TO WHUMP GIRLS!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                          *peeks in the whumper thread...looks around* Seems the whumpers always vcome out to play when I'm not around. *sneaks back out*
                          No, don't sneak back out. Stay and play. It gets lonely here at night. At least I get lots of fanfic read though.

Thanks for the congrats!
                          sigpic

Comment

I just watched Return Part 1 again and I'm so SQUEEEE for Friday!!! My dream part 2 ep
                            Spoiler:
                            would be Shep rescuing O'Neill, getting whumped in the process, concussed, weak, and sent back to Earth in handcuffs for mutiny, where a recovering O'Neill has to tell Landry how Shep saved the day, but of course O'Neill would be in a coma and unable to help Shep out until Shep is faced with a court-martial.
                            Yeah, I know this would never happen but a girl can dream and I hope to tonight!!
                            sigpic
                            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Hey Pocus - is there any good fanfic out there? I'm starting in on the WIPs cause iIm desperate for some whump....

Salty - I hope you get to have those lovely dreams tonight. I wouldn't mind having one or two like that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                                Hey Pocus - is there any good fanfic out there? I'm starting in on the WIPs cause iIm desperate for some whump....

Salty - I hope you get to have those lovely dreams tonight. I wouldn't mind having one or two like that.
                                You have probably read all the ones I am reading now. Since I read the entire thread from the start, I bookmarked all the fics and have been slowly working my way through them.

It is kind of funny when I review and see that the last review of something was 6 months ago.

I have been trying to keep up with all the current WIP.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X