No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry got distracted by Shep pics - been collecting loads of images to eventually attempt my first sig.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Exo spoilers:
      Spoiler:
      It's not a huge amount of the book though. The whump doesn't happen until probably at least half way through the book. There's also nice whumpage before the infirmary scene though with Sheppy starting to feel worse and worse after he gets hit by the sand...

There's also of course emotional whump for Sheppy, thinking that McKay is probably dead.
      spoilers for Reliquary and exo
      Spoiler:
      I'm okay with it taking a while. *grin* Reliquary was the same but then it was really well done the rest of the book. I'd much rather the first half be build up, then the second half full of whumpy bits. Even if it's just little things like ronon having to support shep. Love that!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
        spoilers for Reliquary and exo
        Spoiler:
        I'm okay with it taking a while. *grin* Reliquary was the same but then it was really well done the rest of the book. I'd much rather the first half be build up, then the second half full of whumpy bits. Even if it's just little things like ronon having to support shep. Love that!
        Oh it is lovely.

Exo spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        There's a great moment where Ronon realises Sheppard is not feeling well and Sheppard assures him he's ok (gotta love stoic Sheppy! ) but when he goes to walk away he staggers to one side and Ronon grabs hold of him and holds him upright and pointedly remarks, "This is 'okay'?"
        sigpic

Comment

You are all making me soooooo anxious to get Exo!

Spoiler:
          Physical whump and emotional whump!
          SQUEEEEEEEE!

I'm hoping it will be tomorrow or Saturday, and having no will power, I'm sure I will drop everything else I should be doing and dive right in.

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

Now I'm even less prepared to wait for christmas morning. I just might not LOL! Not like I'll get much time to read anyway, with all the toys and, "Mom, come play with me!"
            sigpic

Comment

Gate Geek,

Have you played with your new iPod yet, or are you waiting until after Christmas? I think that's what I'm going to get -- black, 80 GB. Heck, I already have 11 GB of video (almost all SGA/Shep/JF stuff) so I know I'll need as much space as I can get. I've just been sort of dawdling about actually going out and spending the money to buy it.

Now you get to go spend even more money on all the cool accessories - like the case to keep it from getting scratched, the docking stations and connections so you can watch things on your own TV and play on your own stereo, different kinds of chargers, etc. It's amazing how many accessories there are!

And yes - I wish it came in pink, too!

Have fun with your new pressie...

And just to keep on topic:

spoilers for common ground (my single favorite SGA Moment, ever):
              Spoiler:

WB

Comment

Now I'm even less prepared to wait for christmas morning. I just might not LOL! Not like I'll get much time to read anyway, with all the toys and, "Mom, come play with me!"
                I have no willpower. Waiting until Christmas morning is not even an option for me.

WB

Comment

Well one thing that helps is I'm busy with baking, wrapping and cleaning, but still...eeeeehhhh, I don't think I'm gonna make it LOL! Not with those delicious excerpts Ali's posted.

A little OT, has anyone else gotten the SGA vid by obfreak, her newest one, Don't give up? God, it's awesome. It's team but it's just delicious and it starts with Sheppard in a beautiful bit of scenes and the ending is perfection.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers! how ya all doing today?

*sigh* Looks like several of you got oyur copies of Exo. We'll see if mine gets put in my mailbox today. Probably not with the way my lucks been running this week.

WB - I have not gotten my iPod. My hubby told me to buy one last Saturday (and my digital camera as well), but didn't feel like it cause I really didn't know what I wanted. But I will tell you I'm glad they don't come in pink. I hate pink.

Astroaldust - thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the Powershot. But will probably be undecided once again as I will most likely will walk away empty handed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well one thing that helps is I'm busy with baking, wrapping and cleaning, but still...eeeeehhhh, I don't think I'm gonna make it LOL! Not with those delicious excerpts Ali's posted.

A little OT, has anyone else gotten the SGA vid by obfreak, her newest one, Don't give up? God, it's awesome. It's team but it's just delicious and it starts with Sheppard in a beautiful bit of scenes and the ending is perfection.
                      Oooooh.. got a link to that please?
                      sigpic

Comment

I second Ali, where is the link to this vid?? *bounces with anticipation*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                          I second Ali, where is the link to this vid?? *bounces with anticipation*
                          I third it! Link please?
                          I've read Exogenesis now...I locked myself in the bathroom in the bath for er, quite a few hours...and I liked it.
                          Spoiler:
                          I rate it pretty much the same as The Chosen and still prefer Reliquary a little. The Shep whump was good, but there was more Rodney whump I think. This was more about McKay than Sheppard, but it's only fair the central character isn't always Sheppard. Well, ok, it's not fair really!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

http://obfreak.livejournal.com/14578.html?view=212978

Here you go! It's really lovely!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah, more Rodney whump! *sniff* we seem to be in a deluge of Rodney lately, and while I don't begrudge the McKay whumpers their turn, I want more Shep whump.

Is there more shep whump than in Chosen, though?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                I third it! Link please?
                                I've read Exogenesis now...I locked myself in the bathroom in the bath for er, quite a few hours...and I liked it.
                                Spoiler:
                                I rate it pretty much the same as The Chosen and still prefer Reliquary a little. The Shep whump was good, but there was more Rodney whump I think. This was more about McKay than Sheppard, but it's only fair the central character isn't always Sheppard. Well, ok, it's not fair really!!!
                                Er..didn't the water get pretty cold by the time you were done reading? The bathtub is the one place I cannot read.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X