No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves* Not here long, my bed is calling but thought I'd say hi!
    sigpic
    My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Hi SGA! I'm about to head to bed too.....I'll be hoping for Sheppy dreams. I had several right in a row recently but none in a week or so. I must be in a bit of a dry spell where controlling what I dream about is concerned. *whine*

Thanks to Lauriel for the sig.

Comment

good luck and sweet Sheppy dreams I"m off to bed myself, maybe I'll have one
        sigpic
        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Morning all!
            Hubby stole the net last night, and I couldn't get on! I see there were no CG piccies !!!!! Tonight, perhaps?
            sigpic

Comment

Morning all! Just popping in to say hiya before I go back and read through all I've missed since yesterday evening...

The bad news is that hubby has seen fit to inform me that he has unplugged all the computers etc at home to decorate the spare room and that they will NOT be up and running again by Sunday! So I will be having GW-free evenings even once I get home too!

AND the larger consequences of that are - NO INTERNET AT HOME TILL DECORATING DONE.

I have therefore taken the decision to *ahem* take matters into my own hands and either go to an internet cafe on Saturday morning (if they have facilities for me to transfer files from their computers to my laptop) or to buy two hours worth of wireless internet connection at the hotel and spend the morning with my laptop in the lobby (depending on how fast their wireless internet connection is).

I will NOT be thwarted dammit!!

This is starting to get me down a little bit... I know hubby doesn't "get" my SGA addiction as such but surely he can see how important this is to me? Even if it seems silly to him to be that excited etc over a TV show.. the fact remains that it is important to me. My SGA squee is a little bit of escapism for me - something that I love and when I can forget about the daily stresses of life and just ejoy myself.

Because he is the only one who knows how to set up the computers etc I feel like he can hold that over me, almost like a naughty child, "You can't watch SGA/go on GW until you've tidied your room" etc.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                AND the larger consequences of that are - NO INTERNET AT HOME TILL DECORATING DONE.
                I think I would curl up into a ball and die without my Internet. And I can totally feel your pain. My husband used to be the only one who knew how to hook up the wireless Internet. I got so tired of having to bug him when there was a problem that I figured out how to do it myself. You could also try a library for internet with your laptop. My library allows you to tap into their wireless internet, although the connection is sometimes tenuous.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzybaz
                  I think I would curl up into a ball and die without my Internet. And I can totally feel your pain. My husband used to be the only one who knew how to hook up the wireless Internet. I got so tired of having to bug him when there was a problem that I figured out how to do it myself. You could also try a library for internet with your laptop. My library allows you to tap into their wireless internet, although the connection is sometimes tenuous.

Oh Hugs Ali!!!!!!!!!!

We know you will figure something out!!!

Like Izzybaz I have had to sort out all my internet stuff myself because I cant reply on my husband.....he is so busy I would be left as low priority and I need to have constant e-mail for my business (ummmm and for SGA related matters of course )

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                    Morning all! Just popping in to say hiya before I go back and read through all I've missed since yesterday evening...

The bad news is that hubby has seen fit to inform me that he has unplugged all the computers etc at home to decorate the spare room and that they will NOT be up and running again by Sunday! So I will be having GW-free evenings even once I get home too!

I have therefore taken the decision to *ahem* take matters into my own hands and either go to an internet cafe on Saturday morning (if they have facilities for me to transfer files from their computers to my laptop) or to buy two hours worth of wireless internet connection at the hotel and spend the morning with my laptop in the lobby (depending on how fast their wireless internet connection is).

I will NOT be thwarted dammit!!

This is starting to get me down a little bit... I know hubby doesn't "get" my SGA addiction as such but surely he can see how important this is to me? Even if it seems silly to him to be that excited etc over a TV show.. the fact remains that it is important to me. My SGA squee is a little bit of escapism for me - something that I love and when I can forget about the daily stresses of life and just ejoy myself.

Because he is the only one who knows how to set up the computers etc I feel like he can hold that over me, almost like a naughty child, "You can't watch SGA/go on GW until you've tidied your room" etc.
                    Oh I understand how you feel! Mu hubby totally doesn't get my addiction, and nags me senseless to get off the net and watch golf with him...yeah, right, I'm so going to do that! I understand how frustrating it all is for you, but couldn't he just cover up the equipment and leave it plugged in? My hubby won't let us get wireless, even though our laptops have wireless technology, as he says I'd be on the net all day, all over the house! Well, he's not wrong there...and at the moment I have to share net access with the rest of the family, so wireless would mean we could go on at the same time, and he's not having that either! He does have a point there though...I wouldn't get off all day and night!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                      Oh Hugs Ali!!!!!!!!!!

We know you will figure something out!!!

Like Izzybaz I have had to sort out all my internet stuff myself because I cant reply on my husband.....he is so busy I would be left as low priority and I need to have constant e-mail for my business (ummmm and for SGA related matters of course )
                      Somebody has a birthday tomorrow... *waves at SLC*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy
                        when my birthday comes along can i have a clone?
                        You can have a clone in approx 13 posts - 300 posts = Sheppy clone!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                          Somebody has a birthday tomorrow... *waves at SLC*

Hi Linzi!!!!!!!!!

Is it a little odd that the thing that I am looking forward to most on my birthday is watching Progeny

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                            Hi Linzi!!!!!!!!!

Is it a little odd that the thing that I am looking forward to most on my birthday is watching Progeny
                            We are totally obsessed, aren't we? At least we admit it...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning whumpers *waves*

Ali, the only thing I know I'd do without my internet is sit miserably on the couch sulking and whining.
                              Internet is like my life force! I can't be without it...

You know I live in an appartment with two roommates and out internet has been working fine since we set it up last year.. But if there ever is a problem, my daddy is so far away to fix it... We don't know enough about it if there really is a problem...

Do you all think that SciFi picking up Dr. Who although it only had like a 1.2 household ratings is a good sign? I'm not sure, the Gates are so expensive to produce...
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                                Good morning whumpers *waves*

Ali, the only thing I know I'd do without my internet is sit miserably on the couch sulking and whining.
                                Internet is like my life force! I can't be without it...

You know I live in an appartment with two roommates and out internet has been working fine since we set it up last year.. But if there ever is a problem, my daddy is so far away to fix it... We don't know enough about it if there really is a problem...

Do you all think that SciFi picking up Dr. Who although it only had like a 1.2 household ratings is a good sign? I'm not sure, the Gates are so expensive to produce...
                                Morning Caty!
                                I really don't know. I remember Joe Mollozzi saying a while back that anything under a 2.0 was worrying for either Stargate show. So, 1.5's are not going to be good enough, I expect, to ensure renewal, certainly not for SG1, which is more expensive to make. To be honest, I just want SGA to be renewed. If Sg1 is - fine, but I think it lost its sparkle a few seasons ago. I do hope they give SGA another chance though. Promoting it might help some!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X