Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bria,

Welcome to the Whump!!
    Glad you made the cross over to the darkside, it is fun over here.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
      Can someone give me a quick run down on how the hc secret santa works? Don't have that lj readily available On my phone ( and I'm thumb typing here so typos are almost a given LOL) and considering throwing my hat in. I know today is the deadline....?

Have an idea what I'd like....
      Oooh please go for the challenge! It's great fun and we always end up with a raft of rrreeaaallllyyy good fic! All you have to do is comment on the post with:

What you want for your story:
      What you DON'T want in the story: E.g. deathfic, slash, whatever
      What you will write: E.g. gen, ship, humour
      What you won't write: E.g. deathfic, slash

To help you out here's a direct link to the sign-up post:

http://community.livejournal.com/she...hc/329033.html

Originally posted by bria View Post
      Hello!

I've been lurking in this thread for a couple of weeks now and I've decided to say hi to you because I have to admit that I'm not only a thunker but a whumper too. Shep is very thunkable when whumped.
      I know some of you from the thunk thread but not all of you, so I thought I tell a few things about myself: I've been watching SGA from the first episode and I'm a fan of John Sheppard ever since that. I've been reading fanfics since January and after a while I noticed that all my favourite stories has this word "whump" in the summary. I couldn't find it in the dictionary but I figured out what it means even before coming across this forum in May. I don't write fanfics, my native language is Hungarian and my English isn't good enough for that, besides I don't think I'm talented in writing anyway.
      My favourite whumpy episodes are Search and Rescue, The Seed, The Defiant One, Epiphany, Travelers. The reason why I like hurt/comfort scenes is that it's interesting to see how Shep's character developes in those situations and how the other team members react. Good examples for this are Common Ground and Conversion.
      I like emo-whump too, JF can convey emotions so beautifully with his eyes and face only, he doesn't need words for that. It's one of the reasons he's my favourite actor.

Oops, this post is long, sorry for that.
      Welcome Bria! Glad you delurked. Sounds like you like whump (it is pretty much a word invented by fandom so you won't find it in the dictionnary) for the same reasons as us! Good choice of fave eps too - Search and Rescue was like Shep whump fanfic come to life, wasn't it? I still sometimes feel amazed that we actually got such awesome whump in that ep!
      sigpic

Comment

Hi Bria Welcome to the Whump

LJ header/customisation info:
        Spoiler:
        This is a header explanation I wrote a while ago for someone else on the forum, all this will do is put your custom header in
        - Click on ‘User Info’
        - Firstly you need to make sure that the style of your journal is set to ‘Flexible Squares’ it doesn’t matter which one you chose
        - At the top of the page run your curser oven ‘Journal’ and click on ‘customise journal style’
        - On the left hand side click on ‘Custom CSS’
        - This should bring up a few questions and then a large empty box.
        - In said empty box cope and paste this:
        .headerimage {
        height: 400px;
        background-image: url("http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Signatures/LJ-header-DG.jpg") !important;
        background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
        background-attachment: scroll !important;
        background-position: center !important;

margin-bottom: 5px;
        }

- After height (green), you need to change that to the pixel height of the banner you're using.
        - After url (red), paste in the direct link to your banner.
        - After margin-botton (blue), put in the pixels you want in between the bottom of your banner and the start of your LJ, this usually depends on the size of the banner you’re using
        - Keep everything else exactly the same, whenever you want to change your banner just change these three variables.

If you want to change the colour scheme of the journal so that it fits with your banner then click on ‘Style’ in the left hand menu

If anything doesn’t make sense then just ask
        Here is the link to a journal that has coding for full layouts, like mine: CazzBlade

http://community.livejournal.com/xad...g/layout+codes

Copy and paste the coding in, there are instructions on the sight that are quite easy to follow The only thing it doesn't tell you is that to change the header to your own go down to the headerimage section and paste in your url, changing the pixel height and width to that of your own

Again, any questions feel free to ask and I will try and help
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Oooh please go for the challenge! It's great fun and we always end up with a raft of rrreeaaallllyyy good fic! All you have to do is comment on the post with:

Welcome Bria! Glad you delurked. Sounds like you like whump (it is pretty much a word invented by fandom so you won't find it in the dictionnary) for the same reasons as us! Good choice of fave eps too - Search and Rescue was like Shep whump fanfic come to life, wasn't it? I still sometimes feel amazed that we actually got such awesome whump in that ep!
          Same here! Boy, I'm in an agreeable mood today. S&R certainly was a whumper's dream. *sigh* I liked the whump in Remnants, even if the triple storyline was dumb and it wasn't real, but JF just does whump so wonderfully. Ohh, everyone's out of the house. I feel a just the whumpy bits of Remnants watch coming on! Slo mo, ff, slo mo, ff,ff,ff, slo mo... rewind!

Been meaning to ask you, Ali -
          Spoiler:
          have you settled on a house yet? And is Aimee now AJ? What does the J stand for? Don't tell me if you're trying to be more anon for safety reasons. Very wise. I guess we should all call her AJ from now on. Mine are Sprogs 1 thru 5 on all public forums, to the extent that I even call them that in RL. Easier than struggling to get their names right, since I have 3 boys and 2 girls.
          Last edited by Strey; 22 October 2009, 10:01 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
            Hi bria! Glad you de-lurked
            Hi SGAFan! Thanks!

Originally posted by Strey View Post
            Same here! The more, the merrier!

Haven't been over to the thunk thread for quite a while - I can't keep up! Anyway, here we have both thunk and whump. If we get too thunky, we usually try to toss in a bit of whump. Anything OT is usually stuffed in spoilers here. So, it really is mostly about Shep whump.

(I think Mr McGadget on the thunk thread is also from Hungary. )
            Hi Strey! Thanks!
            (Yes, Mac is from Hungary too.)

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
            Bria,

Welcome to the Whump!!
            Glad you made the cross over to the darkside, it is fun over here.
            Thanks, Rink!
            LOL, I think I was on the dark side first, with all the whumpy fics I was reading.

Thanks for the welcome, Alipeeps!
            Since I'm reading this forum I noticed that my dictionary is lacking many words used here, but I figure out sooner or later what they mean.
            Yes, Search and Rescue was amazing, I don't know how many times I've watched it.

Thanks for the welcome, CazzBlade!

BTW, I know you're doing an SGA rewatch. Which episode is this week? And you discuss it on the next week or how does it work?
            sigpic

Comment

Been meaning to ask you, Ali -
              Spoiler:
              have you settled on a house yet? And is Aimee now AJ? What does the J stand for? Don't tell me if you're trying to be more anon for safety reasons. Very wise. I guess we should all call her AJ from now on. Mine are Sprogs 1 thru 5 on all public forums, to the extent that I even call them that in RL. Easier than struggling to get their names right, since I have 3 boys and 2 girls.
              Well,
              Spoiler:
              I think I've pretty much settled on a house! Saw one on Tuesday that I really like and it ticks all the boxes. Seeing it again at the weekend with hubby - just hope he likes it as much as me!

Aimee is sometimes AJ - J is the initial of our surname so AJ is her initials. Hubby calls her it sometimes and I quite like it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bria View Post
                Thanks for the welcome, Alipeeps!
                Since I'm reading this forum I noticed that my dictionary is lacking many words used here, but I figure out sooner or later what they mean.
                Yes, Search and Rescue was amazing, I don't know how many times I've watched it.
                If you're ever unsure about any of the words used around here, just ask. We have quite a few folks on this thread whose first language is not English and we're always happy to help out and explain stuff!
                sigpic

Comment

Well,
                  Spoiler:
                  I think I've pretty much settled on a house! Saw one on Tuesday that I really like and it ticks all the boxes. Seeing it again at the weekend with hubby - just hope he likes it as much as me!

Aimee is sometimes AJ - J is the initial of our surname so AJ is her initials. Hubby calls her it sometimes and I quite like it.
                  Yay!
                  Spoiler:
                  G'luck! And yes, AJ does sound cute. I call Torren li'l baby TJ. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

oh thank you!! Will trot over on my lunchbreak and sign up I think

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    Hi Bria Welcome to the Whump

LJ header/customisation info:
                    Spoiler:
                    This is a header explanation I wrote a while ago for someone else on the forum, all this will do is put your custom header in

Here is the link to a journal that has coding for full layouts, like mine: CazzBlade

http://community.livejournal.com/xad...g/layout+codes

Copy and paste the coding in, there are instructions on the sight that are quite easy to follow The only thing it doesn't tell you is that to change the header to your own go down to the headerimage section and paste in your url, changing the pixel height and width to that of your own

Again, any questions feel free to ask and I will try and help
                    omg! Cazz!! That is so awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write that out! Probably will take a stab at it this weekend
                    sigpic
                    My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Hello Whumpers!

Wasn't sure I would get in here at all today. We've been hit with some torrential rains here last night and most of today, and then again, there's always GW to contend with. Hope it lets me play for a moment.

With that, I will attempt to catch up.

IHS

Welcome BRIA! *waves*
                      sigpic

Comment

No problem SGAFan

I read a link to an article in one of the movie threads the other day but didn't get the chance to actually read the article, it was about Jason saying there wasn't going to be a movie, the thread has been pulled for some reason though. Does anybody have the link?

Comment

If you're ever unsure about any of the words used around here, just ask. We have quite a few folks on this thread whose first language is not English and we're always happy to help out and explain stuff!
                          Thank you! I will ask if I don't understand something.

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                          Hello Whumpers!

Wasn't sure I would get in here at all today. We've been hit with some torrential rains here last night and most of today, and then again, there's always GW to contend with. Hope it lets me play for a moment.

With that, I will attempt to catch up.

IHS

Welcome BRIA! *waves*
                          Hi IHS! *waves back*
                          Thank you for the welcome!
                          sigpic

Comment

Seconded! Sheesh, I really am agreeable today. Dunno why. I have 'flu, so it must be the wine meds.

Oh, and
                            Spoiler:
                            hubby got to second interview not at Denny's, LOL, and might have a job soon after being home and underfoot for 3 long, miserable months. Wish us luck! And with our pending out-of-court settlement - long story - unfair dismissal and the rest - whereby we might get enough money for him to buy a property outright and get the eff out of my life... My 15-year old son wants to live with his dad, and my 10-year old daughter wants to live with me. If we keep this amicable, it should all go smoothly, what with legal separation then the D-word, and this after 26 years of marriage. Oops! I rattled on a bit. Still, I stuffed it in spoilers. *shrugs*
                            Last edited by Strey; 22 October 2009, 11:39 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Seconded! Sheesh, I really am agreeable today. Dunno why. I have 'flu, so it must be the wine meds.

Oh, and
                              Spoiler:
                              hubby got to second interview not at Denny's, LOL, and might have a job soon after being home and underfoot for 3 long, miserable months. Wish us luck! And with our pending out-of-court settlement - long story - unfair dismissal and the rest - whereby we might get enough money for him to buy a property outright and get the eff out of my life... My 15-year old son wants to live with his dad, and my 10-year old daughter wants to live with me. If we keep this amicable, it should all go smoothly, what with legal separation then the D-word, and this after 26 years of marriage. Oops! I rattled on a bit. Still, I stuffed it in spoilers. *shrugs*
                              Wishing you good luck with everything.
                              sigpic

Comment

This was posted in the General Folder:

Hey everyone

I have a dinner this weekend with Joe Flanigan and around 6 other fans in New Zealand. I’m not sure if its just the excitement but I’m wracking my brain for questions to ask him and I’m coming up short, so does anybody have any suggestions???

Furthermore, what would you list as your top 10 John Sheppard episodes? I haven’t watched any SGA in about a year and before I go to the dinner I want to sit down and watch a few of John's better episodes

Thanks all
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70453

!

Comment

Working...
                                X