John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maggs View Post
    Smiling now as I picture how cute Nathan Fillion must have been. I've spoken to so many behind the scenes people about him and they all say he is just the coolest nicest guy.
    Must share an amusing Nathan story from the con...

When I went for my photo with him there were 2 girls a coupla people ahead of me in the queue and they were getting a photo of the two of them with Nathan. So their turn comes around and they walk up and stand on either side of him and he puts his arms round their waists... then, suddenly, before the photographer can take the picture, the two girls drop to their knees and pose clinging to Nathan's legs, gazing up at him, like a cheesy 70s sci-fi poster... after a moment of surprise, Nathan simply holds his hands out to the sides and smiles at the camera as if to say, "What can I do? The girls love me!" and the photographer takes the picture as the whole room bursts out laughing!
    sigpic

Comment

LOL!!! Some people know how to have fun. That will be a great pic!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
        ltcoljsheppard is military, apparently. He goes by 'John', although he says there isn't a John in his real name anywhere. I took a peek at his other fics, and he knows his stuff.
        He's one of the writers of the SGA fanfic Virtual Season 6 I belong to (Winnie is also a writer there). It's a gen season. I'm not a writer but I'm there making the companion artwork for some of the episodes.
        In fact we've released the second episode today, and this episode has been co-written by John aka ltcoljsheppard.
        Details at my LJ: http://sheppard4lily.livejournal.com/99251.html
        Last edited by lily; 07 June 2009, 05:38 PM. Reason: edited for typos

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
          I know Carlo Rota from 24. He was pretty cool in that. He's in SGU? Didn't know that. But why on earth would he be in SGA, or have I missed something?
          I LOVE HIM!

Speculation on SGA movie/SGU
          Spoiler:
          Perhaps he is appearing in flashbacks of Earth on SGU and whatever roll Strom plays there (scientist, government baddy, etc) can be adapted to SGA.

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
          Morning Whumpers!

This is a drive by post. Gotta hot date with hubby *wink*.

OT for Carlo Rota:
          Spoiler:
          I think he played Chloe's husband on "24" last season and briefly this season.

RUFFLES: Sounds like you had fun. And 40 isn't so bad......for me 30 was worse for some reason.

Glad some of you are keeping us updated on JM's blog.

IHS
          Ah, 40 is next year. I have 364 days of still being in my 30s.

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
          Happy Birthday

Shepsgirl
          and
          Ruffles!

Back from Milton Keynes. I had a great time!
          Thank you!! So glad to hear you had a great time. Wish I could have been there. The LJ pics were terrific.

Missed Ruffles Birthday...

HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!!
          Thank you!!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Am home alone and still awake.

Hubby is working from home for the next week due to planned strike action on the Tube (if he can't get to the office and has to work remotely, he may as well do it from home as from his digs in London!)... however, he's not here tonight...

...his sister phoned earlier this evening... his mum is not expected to make it through the night. So he's driven down to Lincoln to join his sister at the care home... they're sitting with her and waiting for the inevitable.
          So very sorry to hear that. Hugs to you and your hubby.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana
          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            I did. Hubby and I went to Chinese buffet for lunch. Then spent way too much in Bed Bath and Beyond. Headed to our favorite used book store and spent a quality hour picking out books. Then he surprised me with a trip to Rita's for a Blendini.

I did look for Stargate books at the store. They have a Gazillion Star Trek books and a million Star Wars books. No luck on Stargate at all though. I ended up with a pile of children's books for work. Hubby got a bunch of Ian Fleming.

How was your day/weekend?
            Sounds like you had a great day. Saturday was fun enough. I have done my usual Sunday - stay in, do whatever chores, relax if I can. My day to decompress.

Oh, maggs, your poor puppy!

Hubby is working from home for the next week due to planned strike action on the Tube (if he can't get to the office and has to work remotely, he may as well do it from home as from his digs in London!)... however, he's not here tonight...

...his sister phoned earlier this evening... his mum is not expected to make it through the night. So he's driven down to Lincoln to join his sister at the care home... they're sitting with her and waiting for the inevitable.
            (((HUGS))), Ali, for your hubby and his family. That is awful. I'm glad he'll be home with you and Aimee for the week. It'll be good for him.

When I went for my photo with him there were 2 girls a coupla people ahead of me in the queue and they were getting a photo of the two of them with Nathan. So their turn comes around and they walk up and stand on either side of him and he puts his arms round their waists... then, suddenly, before the photographer can take the picture, the two girls drop to their knees and pose clinging to Nathan's legs, gazing up at him, like a cheesy 70s sci-fi poster... after a moment of surprise, Nathan simply holds his hands out to the sides and smiles at the camera as if to say, "What can I do? The girls love me!" and the photographer takes the picture as the whole room bursts out laughing!
            Love it!

Originally posted by lily View Post
            He's one of the writers of the SGA fanfic Virtual Season 6 I belong to (Winnie is also a writer there). It's a gen season. I'm not a writer but I'm there making the companion artwork for some of the episodes.
            In fact we've released the second episode today, and this episode has been co-written by John aka ltcoljsheppard.
            Details at my LJ: http://sheppard4lily.livejournal.com/99251.html
            Goodie! Bookmarked for future reading!

Comment

Well, I made it back home safely this evening. SF was lovely - I can't believe the weather! Picked up plenty of coffee - found a place even better than Blue Bottle.

For RL whump - besides dealing with some of the hill, my sister and I went to a couple open houses in her neighborhood - it's scary what little $850,000 can buy! I should be putting some pics up at my LJ in the spirit of JM - had an incredible dinner last night with my siblings.
              sigpic

Comment

Glad you made it home safely, Vec! I completely forgot there is a Blue Bottle shop at the Ferry Building until I was there yesterday. What's the new coffee place?

Home prices here are a real whump, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                  Glad you made it home safely, Vec! I completely forgot there is a Blue Bottle shop at the Ferry Building until I was there yesterday. What's the new coffee place?

Home prices here are a real whump, aren't they?
                  Ritual Coffee on Valencia - very much a 'hipper than thou' place, but worth putting up with the attitude (and I can mail order beans).

House prices - and that's without laundry facilities or a garage! (Of course this is also Noe).
                  sigpic

Comment

Evening, folks...

Been trying to do a little research for a bit of an SGA story I've been working on and it occured to me that some of the good people who visit this thread on a regular basis might be able to help be out, much faster and much more thoroughly than I could by myself.

If anyone would be interested in helping out a fledgling fan fiction writer, I need a list of Sheppard's scars, particularly any on his scalp, neck or back.

Now, I can remember, off the top of my head, just a few, such as the place on his neck where the Iratus bug was attached and the scars on his back from the shards of glass when the gate nearly blew up during S5, but I know there's more than that.

I would be very, very grateful for any help anyone can offer...

ladyjanus

Comment

((((HUGS)))) Ali! That is so hard even when you know its coming.

and Maggs sorry about the puppy!
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                        Evening, folks...

Been trying to do a little research for a bit of an SGA story I've been working on and it occured to me that some of the good people who visit this thread on a regular basis might be able to help be out, much faster and much more thoroughly than I could by myself.

If anyone would be interested in helping out a fledgling fan fiction writer, I need a list of Sheppard's scars, particularly any on his scalp, neck or back.

Now, I can remember, off the top of my head, just a few, such as the place on his neck where the Iratus bug was attached and the scars on his back from the shards of glass when the gate nearly blew up during S5, but I know there's more than that.

I would be very, very grateful for any help anyone can offer...

ladyjanus
                        Off the top of my head - 2 gunshot wounds to his left shoulder/upper arm (The Defiant One and The Long Goodbye), a possible scar on his lower right arm from the feeding in Instict, a scar on his chest from the feeding in Common Ground, and two scars on his abdomen from the impalements in Search and Rescue and The Seed. He's been in a few hand-to-hand fights so you could probably justify a few scars on his face and knuckles.

Anyone else? Have I forgotten anything?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Ritual coffee. Hmmm, I'll be over in that neighborhood in a couple of weeks. I might get some to take to my parents. And, of course, I will stop at Tartine for a treat for me!

I can't think of anything that we know with certainty, Ruffles.

Anyway, time to go. Goodnight, whumpers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            Off the top of my head - 2 gunshot wounds to his left shoulder/upper arm (The Defiant One and The Long Goodbye), a possible scar on his lower right arm from the feeding in Instict, a scar on his chest from the feeding in Common Ground, and two scars on his abdomen from the impalements in Search and Rescue and The Seed. He's been in a few hand-to-hand fights so you could probably justify a few scars on his face and knuckles.

Anyone else? Have I forgotten anything?
                            Good list, Ruffles!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                              Happy Birthday
                              Shepsgirl
                              and
                              Ruffles!

Back from Milton Keynes. I had a great time!
                              Thanks, Linzi. Glad you had a good time in MK. Poor Squonk!

OT for dog whump
                              Spoiler:
                              My doggie got into some mischief last night. We seriously don't know if he got into a spat with the neighbor dog or just got caught on some fencing but he has a serious gash in his lip and a very ugly gash (vet called in a de-gloving) on his foot. Poor guy has to wear a cone (vet called it an E Collar - short for Elizabethan Collar - thought you Brits might like that) to keep from scratching his lip staples and chewing his foot bandage. I'll probably ramble on a bit more and include a pic on my LJ tomorrow.
                              Oh, your poor dog! That paw injury sounds so painful!

Sorry to hear about your MiL, Ali. At least your hubby got to take Aimee to see her one last time.

Congratulations on 2000 posts, Vecturist

Is that custom avi time? I'm still learning all this stuff!
                              sigpic
                              My Fan Fiction Page
                              My LJ Fics

Comment

Had a great time at MK, and the guests were all so friendly, despite the fact they must have been freezing! (I saw John DeLancie with a blanket round his shoulders at one point, and they put the sides of the marquee down for Leonard Nimoy).
                                It was even more great to meet up with the whumpers again! Linzi, SheppyD, Ali, Listy... It certainly helped to make the queues go quicker to have people to natter with.

Thanks for the well wishes about the knee and the interview. The knee still hasn't forgiven me for Saturday , and the interview... well that's this afternoon and there are no (polite) words for how i feel right now.

Belated Happy Birthday Ruffles!!

Ali - *hugs* for hubby.

maggs - *hugs* for the doggie.

Now i wish i'd seen that!

My presiding memory of the photo shoots was how warm the guests were! I wonder how they felt having all those frozen hands wrapped round their middles! lol
                                Last edited by Squonk; 08 June 2009, 02:20 AM.
                                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X