No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^You'll find that there are plenty of us who love both Shep and Dean - I'm a sucker for the whole tortured hero thing.

Anyway welcome to the whump thread.

Comment

Love the bit about bandages not been for a bullet to the left arm!

Great to news about your Mum Lorr

There's smoe info on Infection on the main page

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hi all and welcome DeanSheppy! Have lots of fun here!

Good news about your mum Lorr!

Well, at least we now know why we haven't had a Shep/Joe feature on the DVDs. Awww...I kinda like that he's one of those 'quiet' actors! Still, as you've all said, me being a fan, there will never be enough behind-the-scenes type thingies on him!

Comment

*happy place sigh*

You know i can't resist the drippy blood.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Heh. I seem to remember a certain discussion some time back....
          i remember that - so funny, and there's definately a market out there!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Hmmm. I think you're right there. I'm thinking perhaps an (S&R and The Seed spoilers)
          Spoiler:
          impalement expansion pack
          might be in order!
          Yes!!

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
          I did once make a "tortureable Mulder" doll for an online friend back in our X-Files days. It was a 12 inch fabric stuffed doll, but I made it so that all the limbs were attached with velcro for quick removal, and I also made a cute little stuffed knife, gun etc., and housed him in a carefully crafted cardboard torture chamber. Then I posted it to her in America... and waited in dread for the horrified customs guys to come knocking at the door to drag me away for sick and perverted weirdness. Fortunately, this was one of the few packages I sent to her that didn't get opened en route.
          A couple of years ago, i'd have found that really odd - now i just think "what a thoughtful gift!". Being on this thread opens your eyes to a whole new world.... lol

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
          ^Pocus your (new?) sig is beautiful. I no longer have one because I'm artistically deficient.
          ITA - not with the artistically deficient bit, nu-uh - but with the sig bit.

I've been meaning to comment on the sig for the past couple of days, cos everytime i see it, i get stuck just staring at it! Catching up with the thread is taking twice as long as it should! It really is a thing of beauty. The text just sets the picture off perfectly

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
          Well I am done playing in Photoshop. We have a Whumper's supply kit for any new whumpers venturing in

fantastic

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
          Getting ready to leave work (I know its late!!), but wanted to pop in quick and say I miss you guys. Hope to be a regular feature here sometime before S5 goes on mid season break..but not looking good at the moment.

LONG LIVE THE WHUMP!!!!

Enjot tomorrow's episode!!
          GG!!!!! *hugs*

Hope your home internet gets sorted soon so you can play
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Anne Teldy from JM's blog has set up a petition for JF to do a Special Feature:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/F...file_Petition/

Not sure myself whether to sign or not

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

Hmmmm, i'm going to go with not. Sure there's a part of me that really wants to see a feature and sure there's even a part of me that occassionally thinks, why can't the guy just give us a few damn minutes?!
              But he has his reasons, they're valid and i totally respect that. Plus i'm sure Ivon and JM (and even JF) are painfully aware of how much fans want it, so i'm not sure how much more pressure this will put on them (and i don't want to put pressure on anyone) or how it will change the situation.

A nice comprimise would be for a feature that just uses clips of Sheppard and maybe other people talking about the character etc...

l My LJ l

Comment

I saw that to Cazz. Although I'd love to see a feature on Joe, I would hate for him to feel pressured into doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                  Hmmmm, i'm going to go with not. Sure there's a part of me that really wants to see a feature and sure there's even a part of me that occassionally thinks, why can't the guy just give us a few damn minutes?!
                  But he has his reasons, they're valid and i totally respect that. Plus i'm sure Ivon and JM (and even JF) are painfully aware of how much fans want it, so i'm not sure how much more pressure this will put on them (and i don't want to put pressure on anyone) or how it will change the situation.

A nice comprimise would be for a feature that just uses clips of Sheppard and maybe other people talking about the character etc...
                  I completely agree with this. Yes, I would love to see something highlighting JF and Sheppard, but I wouldn't want him to do it because of pressure from fans. He has his reasons and no matter what they are, they are just as valid as ours about wanting to see him featured. His come first in this instance IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

I got the impression from Ivon that that he was very aware! Someone asked him if he had an idea for a feature but he couldn't do it. He answered that, yes he did and it was the one everybody wanted. (There had been lots of people asking when they would get a JF feature in the comments the day before)

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                    I saw that to Cazz. Although I'd love to see a feature on Joe, I would hate for him to feel pressured into doing it.
                    Yeah, I was just saying the same thing to Pocus. I wouldn't want him to feel like he was letting us down, cos he could never do that

Comment

Well I am done playing in Photoshop. We have a Whumper's supply kit for any new whumpers venturing in

That is made of awesome

Love the bit about bandages not been for a bullet to the left arm!

Great to news about your Mum Lorr

There's smoe info on Infection on the main page

ooo thanks I never go on the home page unless someone points something out I usually just head straight on into the threads

Really a petition?

IMHO - I respect JFs decision, he has a very busy life and wants to get home to his family and if he is not comfortable taking part in something like the extras and as much as I would love to see some extras with him its his choice and for me that is all that matters. *shrugs* just my two pence worth

Well I am out of here for a few weeks. Keep on Whumping!!! I know its a tough job, but you are all such professionals and dedicated to your work

Comment

Nice Can I put an order in for one please?

Originally posted by DeanSheppy View Post
                        Sure,you can call me Dean but maybe I should tell you that I'm not a guy My name can be a little confussing.Dean comes from Dean Winchester(supernatural) and Sheppy off course comes from Sheppard.They're the best characters on television,so I decided to do a little homage to them

My name actually Sandra
                        That makes perfect sense And my name is Sandra as well

Squonk, that was worded perfectly! I feel exactly the same and have decided not to sign either, even though Anne also worded it very nice and respectful. It just doesn't feel right.

You'll be gone for a few weeks Listy? We'll keep your seat warm!
                        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                        Save Our Seeker!
                        LotS on LJ.

Comment

I completely agree with this. Yes, I would love to see something highlighting JF and Sheppard, but I wouldn't want him to do it because of pressure from fans. He has his reasons and no matter what they are, they are just as valid as ours about wanting to see him featured. His come first in this instance IMO.
                          Absolutely

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                            Well I am out of here for a few weeks. Keep on Whumping!!! I know its a tough job, but you are all such professionals and dedicated to your work
                            Enjoy your time off!! We will miss you!!

All Whumper Supply Kits are packed and ready to be picked up. Enjoy!!!
                            Thanks for all the compliments on them. It was fun to do. Of course I had to make sure Hubby didn't catch me hunting for medical supplies on the internet. He might have been a bit concerned as to why I needed an intubation kit.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                              Nice Can I put an order in for one please?
                              I think you need a spare too

That makes perfect sense And my name is Sandra as well

Squonk, that was worded perfectly! I feel exactly the same and have decided not to sign either, even though Anne also worded it very nice and respectful. It just doesn't feel right.
                              ITA, its a respect thing, I wouldn't want to be presured into something I didn't feel comfortable doing at work (it happends often enough as it is) So I woul never put that kind of pressure on someone else Well said Squonk

You'll be gone for a few weeks Listy? We'll keep your seat warm!
                              Thanks, anyone want to volunteer to look after ListySC and BuggyShep clone while I am gone? Well will leave them fastened up in the thread, can someone at least give them some water and food every now and again (and would prefer them to be in one piece when I get back)

Right I am out of here See ya!!!! woooooohoooooo!!!

Comment

OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                I actually think that's rather out of order. It's been made quite clear to us why there isn't and won't be a Sheppard feature and much as I would love to see one, the decision is down to Joe and I don't think we or anyone else have any right to tell him how he should spend the few hours a week when he's not working. Starting a petition, even with the best of intentions and even politely worded, comes across as nothing more than an attempt to pressure/force Joe into doing something that we've already been told (with reasons why) that he is not comfortable or willing to do.

It's one thing to petition a company to do something but this is petitioning a person to do something that they don't want to/don't feel able to do (and we've been told this and their reasons why). To me, this just feels icky and not something I want to be associated with.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X