No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Josie, great job on the caps - love your captions too, really insightful and amusing! Can't wait for part 2.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      It's Maryland hon. Beautiful part of the country.
      Have I told you lately that I love you?

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      I thought the suit fitted just fine, even better when he undid his buttons But then i'm shallow like that.

You raised a good point there Ruffles.
      Spoiler:
      What about his mom? us sge dead? If it was just Dad and the boys, that might got a way to explain a few things. He never mentioned her at all, and we never saw her. I wonder if something happened to her when he was young? Hence the not being touchy feely?
      I just imagine him as
      Spoiler:
      this rich kid being cared for by maids and nannies - the chauffer picking him up from school, tutors to help with homework, etc. He said he's been playing golf since he was 6. Seriously, who does that (besides Tiger Woods)? I think that's the only time he got attention from Dad. Can you see him following that big man around on the green, his little bag trailing behind him as his Dad works business deals? He developed a love for anything that goes over 200 mph - Dad's corporate jet? Winters in Vail, a summer house in the Hamptons, growing up in that monstrous house with Dad at work. John and Dave don't appear to have a large gap in age. I wonder if Dave was at prep school. I would have expected him and John to be closer. [/ramblings]

Now that GG has answered my first question, here's another. Can anyone enlarge this pic (courtesy of the most-awesome Josie) so I can read the whole article?
      Spoiler:

sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

I just imagine him as
        Spoiler:
        this rich kid being cared for by maids and nannies - the chauffer picking him up from school, tutors to help with homework, etc. He said he's been playing golf since he was 6. Seriously, who does that (besides Tiger Woods)? I think that's the only time he got attention from Dad. Can you see him following that big man around on the green, his little bag trailing behind him as his Dad works business deals? He developed a love for anything that goes over 200 mph - Dad's corporate jet? Winters in Vail, a summer house in the Hamptons, growing up in that monstrous house with Dad at work. John and Dave don't appear to have a large gap in age. I wonder if Dave was at prep school. I would have expected him and John to be closer. [/ramblings]

Now that GG has answered my first question, here's another. Can anyone enlarge this pic (courtesy of the most-awesome Josie) so I can read the whole article?
        Spoiler:

sorry hon, I can't ellarge it. I'm not talented nor do I ahve the software.

All I can think to ask is....
        Spoiler:

Did you see the bar in his dad's house?? The pool??? I wonder if Shep ever had any wild parties when he was younger??? And I wonder what kind of car daddy gave him??? Or was dad mean, and not give him one??
        Last edited by Gate Geek; 02 February 2008, 11:39 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Ruffles, it's possible that the article if it's not meant to be used for close up - is just filled with nonsense or copy and pasted straight from what ever text is handy. Or it has some hidden inside joke within it - like when you see lists of names and it has the names of the crew added, etc.
          sigpic

Comment

MGM has some new pics.

Spoiler:

Oh. Just - oh.

Originally posted by H Louise View Post
            Ruffles, it's possible that the article if it's not meant to be used for close up - is just filled with nonsense or copy and pasted straight from what ever text is handy. Or it has some hidden inside joke within it - like when you see lists of names and it has the names of the crew added, etc.
            Hence my need to read it. Seriously, I'm hoping TPTB tucked some tidbits in there, but I think it would be a scream if it was a bunch of inside jokes since they know that people like us scrutinize every little thing.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

As do I. I'm intriqued as well.
              But if its just a load of - asnfkjnfjsgadnfgkjOSKJDNGLsndkjgnsjKVKJNskvnSKJGKSNGS
              then the SG team is just slacking. We want hidden gems and tidbits!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                Okay I was going to do a screencap review of the episode over on my journal but I've only got about a third of the way through the ep so far so I'm going to do it in more than one post, you can find part one here. Warning very image heavy.
                Thank you, they are fabulous

You got travelers straight after? Wow you really were spoiled last nite! Ooooh how many times did you rewind Shep
                Spoiler:
                getting beat up and spitting out the blood? Mt fave scene apart from that bit was him lying on the bed doing his 'bored' thing Cracks me up everytime.
                Way to many times...but when I finally feel asleep there were great dreams to be had.

What's the thing sticking up from the grass on JFs side?
                It looks like some sort of driveway light.
                Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                GateCon Attendee 2008
                Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Ahhh, thanks pisces, wondering what that was.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dear God its taking an extremely long time to upload a 3 min video to Photobucket, and I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. lol.

Ooh, have to say, I finally watched CG and it was totally - awesome. There are no words.
                    sigpic

Comment

I just imagine him as
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I tried, but I don't have the right software for it
                      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Dear God its taking an extremely long time to upload a 3 min video to Photobucket, and I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. lol.

Ooh, have to say, I finally watched CG and it was totally - awesome. There are no words.
                        It's one of my favorite eps.
                        Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                        Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                        GateCon Attendee 2008
                        Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

I'm just going to say ditto, I know what you mean about the whump, I am starting to feel that way to. Poor Sheppy D, will she or us ever get our nekkid, whumped to oblivion and intubated? My spideysense still says S5

I do hope so!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                            Luffs you!!! Deliberate repost!

I think
                            Spoiler:
                            Caldwell would be fine. He has a grudging respect for Shep by now, but I think if in charge, he'd really try to put Shep in his place, and Shep would rebel. If it is a military leader, Shep loses his military leadership but that doesn't really bother me. More ops for Shep to be out in the field, getting whumped.
                            Er, DITTO!

I think Knightie is equally
                            Spoiler:
                            obsessed about finding out where Shep went to college
                            Glad I'm not the only one! Seriously, I'm getting obsessed!

About the whump...
                            Spoiler:
                            the slight whump we got was decent, but I'm with you - I want full out whump - the torture kind, the bleeding and the continuous beatings, the kind that leaves marks, the kind where you see him suffer, and not the kind that gets wrapped up and cleaned up in 2 minutes. At least we have fanfic but after a while I REALLY want to SEE what I'm reading!
                            Yep. I'm with you here. I really hope season 5 brings one decent whump eppie for our boy!
                            Joe disappoint? Never!
                            No kidding. The man just gets better and better!

Hubby speculated that
                            Spoiler:
                            the new commander could be O'Neill coming out of retirement
                            Hmmmm, I'd actually be ok with that, but I can't see it. He's too expensive!
                            I truly think
                            Spoiler:
                            she will. I think she'll continue to move up the ranks in HLS, and one day she'll either be high enough that she learns about the SGC or move up to Home World Security.
                            I like that idea.

I agree. I have really enjoyed the character studies, but I think it was the only choice they had due to pregnancies, etc.
                            I think that too and hope they don't do the same in season 5 on such a drastic scale. Spoilers for season 5 casting news:
                            Spoiler:
                            Whoever they've chosen as the new regular cast member who's going to be leader, let's hope they don't have an existing filming schedule to work around.

I haven't been following much of the S5 cast
                            Spoiler:
                            info in an attempt to stay spoiler-free so perhaps there's information out there that I haven't seen. I do know Carter won't be the commander next season. I seriously doubt it will be Daniel. I'm wondering if it might be someone we haven't seen yet. It surely won't be O'Neill, and I can't imagine it being Mitchell or Teal'c (nope - still can't imagine it). Caldwell is a possibility, and a tiny part of me would like to see Ellis just to watch the fur fly with Rodney. But I'm not sold it will be either of them.
                            I'm ok with your tentative choices here.

Spoiler:
                            Carter was a great choice because she was the perfect balance between science and military. She would be respected by all. I can't think of anyone else that fits that bill. Caldwell or Ellis would be a radical change from that. They are SO by-the-book. Then again, either one of them would provide lots of conflict for Sheppard and McKay.

Monday will be interesting.
                            Ditto! And Monday WILL be interesting!
                            Outcast
                            Spoiler:
                            I have been dying to know where Shep went to college and his major since he mentioned his friend Todd in SoW.

I've heard a couple of complaints that Shep's suit didn't fit in the scene with the coffin. I loved Josie's comment on her LJ about him buttoning his suit out of an unconscious need to look presentable for Dad. I thought the same thing. I wonder if the suit was ill-fitting as a representation of how ill-fitting his childhood and family were.

I'm still going with Sheppard as the younger brother mostly based on Shep's comment that Dave handles things "that's what he does". That is such an older sibling characteristic (I am one). I think that after Mom died/left, Dad, the workaholic (hard to be a business mogul if you aren't) was never there. I doubt John got hugged much. Who knows? Maybe Mom was standoffish as well. I picture young John in private school, faced with high expectations for a life he didn't want. He was just gutsy enough to walk away when he could.

I wondered about Shep using Stanford as the idea of a rebellious turn versus Harvard. Maybe he bided his time - Dad allowing Stanford to be a compromise as long as John majored in business (which is what I TOTALLY see him studying) and then heading to the Air Force as soon as he graduated (perhaps ROTC, perhaps not). I think Shep's authority issues go directly back to Dad, although it says a lot that he was good to Nancy and that he regretted whatever happened between him and John. I would guess he was as emotionally closed off as John is.

Does anyone have the proper software to enhance this pic enough to read what state is on the license plate?
                            Spoiler:
                            I love your ideas of colleges here!
                            Spoiler:
                            I just couldn't work out if Shep had been to Stanford or not. I could see him there and that the act of going there was a rebellion of sorts. Then again, part of me thought that Shep didn't even go there and he went somewhere totally different and somewhere his old man didn't approve of. This is why I want to know!

I thought the suit fitted just fine, even better when he undid his buttons But then i'm shallow like that.
                            I was ok with it, and I thought it fitted just fine too.
                            Spoiler:
                            I sort of wondered if Shep's dad didn't approve of Shep being in the Air Force and that out of respect for his dad, that Shep didn't don the old dress blues?

You raised a good point there Ruffles.
                            Spoiler:
                            What about his mom? Is she dead? If it was just Dad and the boys, that might got a way to explain a few things. He never mentioned her at all, and we never saw her. I wonder if something happened to her when he was young? Hence the not being touchy feely?
                            Yep, I'm with you here, hon. It would explain a hell of a lot.
                            Spoiler:
                            It seems to me Shep was starved of physical love as a child. Hence his no hugging policy.

I just imagine him as
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I really can see this.
                            Spoiler:
                            Shep being the poor rich kid. Sniff

I'd really like to see that article enlarged too. I tried but could only see the headline!

sorry hon, I can't ellarge it. I'm not talented nor do I ahve the software.

All I can think to ask is....
                            Spoiler:

Did you see the bar in his dad's house?? The pool??? I wonder if Shep ever had any wild parties when he was younger??? And I wonder what kind of car daddy gave him??? Or was dad mean, and not give him one??
                            I saw, and just went, okaaay! Interesing thoughts there GG. Hmm, I wonder....
                            MGM has some new pics.

Oh. Just - oh.

Hence my need to read it. Seriously, I'm hoping TPTB tucked some tidbits in there, but I think it would be a scream if it was a bunch of inside jokes since they know that people like us scrutinize every little thing.
                            Sniff!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Deleting my question, I don't want to stir things up...just in case anyone saw it before I delated, never mind. It was about season 5 and I just want to focus on this season...lol

See something to distract my thoughts....

Anyhow I think my muse is trying to coax me to write a tag..............
                              Last edited by Kristen999; 02 February 2008, 01:25 PM.
                              My fanfic-
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/~kristen999

Comment

It's Maryland hon. Beautiful part of the country.
                                Thanks for the compliment on my little corner of the world. There are some beautiful places around here.

Glad to see the excitement is still bubbling over Outcast. I was so glad I got to watch it last night. I know I wouldn't have been able to resist the spoiler tags.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X