Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Season 4 comment:

Spoiler:
    This does seem to be a new trend in Season 4 of them doing more character-based episodes with only 1 or 2 of the team in, rather than more team-based general eps. E.g. Travellers (97% Sheppard), Missing (95% Keller and Teyla), Harmony (100% Sheppard and McKay) and now Outcast (98% Sheppard and Ronon). In some ways I like it (selfishly, because most of those episodes have featured Sheppard heavily) but in other ways I'm not so sure... I like the team as a whole and I like team interactions..

I think this trend in season 4 has been driven more by necessity of situations - Rachel's pregnancy and Jason's impending fatherhood, for example - and the desire to introduce new characters (thus the focus on Keller etc in Missing). I do like these episodes in some ways but I do kinda feel there's been too much of them this season... one or two GUP/Travellers per season is enough for me... I'm not so keen on having e.g. 5 episodes out of 15 have only one or two characters as the focus. Hopefully, the trend won't continue into season 5
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
      I'm a bit worried about

Spoiler:
      This new commander coming into SGA. I have a bad feeling it could be Daniel. On the other hand that won't make any sense as he has no administration experience what so ever. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday.

Dontcha think
      Spoiler:
      if Daniel is gonna be the new commander, there would have been more talk about negotiations with Michael Shanks? I mean, I think a big part in SGA would have been hard to keep under wraps. As much as I love Daniel, I don't think he'll fit in at all on Atlantis!

An Outcast question....
      Spoiler:
      where did the SGC get the virtual reality pod? Were those the ones from the Aurora? And didn't the Aurora get blown up?
      sigpic
      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
        I have that same feeling! I hope to God I'm wrong, because that would just be ridiculous!!!
        I gotta admit, I was not thrilled about CArter coming over the SGA but I was willing to have an open mind and I gave her a chance and I think she's fitted in well and I've enjoyed her. But...
        Spoiler:
        I do rather feel it would be just too much to have another new season and another SG1 character transferring to SGA to be in charge...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          I gotta admit, I was not thrilled about CArter coming over the SGA but I was willing to have an open mind and I gave her a chance and I think she's fitted in well and I've enjoyed her. But...
          Spoiler:
          I do rather feel it would be just too much to have another new season and another SG1 character transferring to SGA to be in charge...
          Exactly! Although I have to say that I haven't enjoyed Carter as much as most people did. I have never watched SG1 and that's probably just the way her character was written from the start, but she's too easy-going, too perfect for my liking. We haven't had one single disagreement with Sheppard and I always thought those were the best scenes with Weir. Maybe we'll get at least something as the season goes on...
          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
            I am so glad that I wasn't home to click on spoilers/comments tonight!!! I agree with so much of what has been said, but I'm going to my own thoughts out. This was such a great episode for
            Spoiler:
            Shep and Joe, and Ronon and Jason!!!

Oh, who am I kidding? I could write two pages worth. It's late, I'm tired, I loved the episode. The midnight show will be on in a few minutes. I need to get some chocolate before it starts!

See you later!!!
            Ref Your Sig
            Hey, no coat on sheppard at all. I guess they decided to drop the coat.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              This does seem to be a new trend in Season 4 of them doing more character-based episodes with only 1 or 2 of the team in, rather than more team-based general eps. E.g. Travellers (97% Sheppard), Missing (95% Keller and Teyla), Harmony (100% Sheppard and McKay) and now Outcast (98% Sheppard and Ronon). In some ways I like it (selfishly, because most of those episodes have featured Sheppard heavily) but in other ways I'm not so sure... I like the team as a whole and I like team interactions..

I think this trend in season 4 has been driven more by necessity of situations - Rachel's pregnancy and Jason's impending fatherhood, for example - and the desire to introduce new characters (thus the focus on Keller etc in Missing). I do like these episodes in some ways but I do kinda feel there's been too much of them this season... one or two GUP/Travellers per season is enough for me... I'm not so keen on having e.g. 5 episodes out of 15 have only one or two characters as the focus. Hopefully, the trend won't continue into season 5
              I think a lot of it does come down to...
              Spoiler:
              ...what you've said there,. JM has said that they were effectively working around three pregnancies plus Amanda working on the SG1 films and at times they were filming two or even three episodes simultaneously, not to mention that this year they seemed to film far more episodes out of sequence (Outcast was still filming in the last week of production) - so I thin a combination of those things means that not all episodes are able to feature all of the characters.

Hopefully if we get a more settled regular cast (and fewer babies) the shooting schedule will be a little more normal this year and we'll have more team love.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                Ditto, ditto, DITTO!!!

I think
                Spoiler:
                she finally understood where Shep was coming from back in their marriage. Now that she's has to keep secrets, she gets why he was so bottled up back then. I wonder how long they had been divorced before he tossed his coin, and I wonder what she was with Homeland Security when they were married.

!!
                ON Outcast
                Spoiler:
                She was already remarried when he left so I guess the divorce had to be some time before the coin toss.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knightie View Post
                  Ref Your Sig
                  Hey, no coat on sheppard at all. I guess they decided to drop the coat.
                  Those photos were behind the scenes ones.. if you see the full photo of the pic used in Lorr's sig, Joe is reading his script in it. The actors wear those big coats over their costumes to keep them warm between takes on outdoor shoots...
                  sigpic

Comment

morning everyone. Loved that episode last night
                    sigpic
                    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                      Ah but...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...Keller did have lollipops to give the kids on New Athos. Maybe she still has some for rewarding good little boys who sit still during their med exams.
                      I forgot about that!! Hmm..........wouldn't that be a hoot if she did?

Spoiler:
                      Ugh! I was very opposed to Carter, but have come to tolerate her on Atlantis... She still annoys me once in awhile though. But
                      Spoiler:
                      if they go the route of adding another Sg1 character, I will not be accepting and will not be tuning in to S5. I don't care how much I love the Atlantis cast. I refuse to be used and abused in this type of fashion so somebody can keep their hard on for keeping Sg1 alive in whatever capacity. I know my comments may p8ss some off. I'm sorry, but Sg1 had 10 years and two movies. It's dead and needs to be left to lay.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching Outcast again! When I do,
                      Spoiler:
                      I think I'll make a list of how many times Shep needs a hug in this one. The scene with Rodney puts a knife through my heart. He is trying so hard to keep it together and bring strong and pretend everything is OK when his face and body language says just the opposite and Rodney knows it. GUH!! Shep needs multiple hugs here!!
                      sigpic

Comment

hey gg!
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly! Although I have to say that I haven't enjoyed Carter as much as most people did. I have never watched SG1 and that's probably just the way her character was written from the start, but she's too easy-going, too perfect for my liking. We haven't had one single disagreement with Sheppard and I always thought those were the best scenes with Weir. Maybe we'll get at least something as the season goes on...
                          [SPOILERS]
                          My biggest concern if its Cadwell is that he is too military and would upsurb Sheps command. Carter is also a scientist and she pretty much let Shep run the miltiary side of things. I don't think Cadwell would do that and just like he took over in Conversion he would change the way things were run.
                          Spoiler:
                          I am hoping for a Civilian again now that the Asuran problem has been settled for a bit. I don't want Daniel although I think they think we might want that. ][/SPOILERS

I wonder how they will explain why Carter had to relinguish her command.

Some major crisis on Earth?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                            hey gg!
                            Hey Hon!! Recover form all the snow you got? Did you enjoy last night's eppy? What was your favorite part?
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah too much snow. I just enjoyed the episode dfidnt really have a favoite p[art
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I couldn't agree more Ali, that's why I loved Tabula Rasa, Doppelganger, Adrift, Lifeline, BAMSR so much.

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                                Dontcha think
                                Spoiler:
                                if Daniel is gonna be the new commander, there would have been more talk about negotiations with Michael Shanks? I mean, I think a big part in SGA would have been hard to keep under wraps. As much as I love Daniel, I don't think he'll fit in at all on Atlantis!

An Outcast question....
                                Spoiler:
                                where did the SGC get the virtual reality pod? Were those the ones from the Aurora? And didn't the Aurora get blown up?
                                You're probably right about that Salty. After all

Spoiler:
                                There was a lot of talk about AT coming over last year even before they announced it. And no Daniel wouldn't fit in and I'm sure he wouldn't be happy sitting behind a desk for most of the time. Also I have a feeling that MS would want more money than JoeF and DavidH combined.

As to the
                                Spoiler:
                                pods, I have no idea.

Spoiler:
                                I feel the same Ali.

Spoiler:
                                She always was pretty perfect, caty, even in SG-1.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X