John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
    I've just had notification that Blood Ties has been shipped. I just hope I don't have a repeat of last year when the book was lost in the post only to turn up after way Christmas.

Actually the description on Gateworld doesn't sound too bad.

When a series of gruesome murders are uncovered around the world, the trail leads back to the SGC—and far beyond…
    Recalled to Stargate Command, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, Colonel John Sheppard, and Dr. Rodney McKay are shown shocking video footage—a Wraith attack, taking place on Earth. While McKay, Teyla, and Ronon investigate the disturbing possibility that humans may harbor Wraith DNA, Colonel Sheppard is teamed with SG-1’s Dr. Daniel Jackson. Together, they follow the murders’ trail from Colorado Springs to the war-torn streets of Iraq, and there, uncover a terrifying truth…
    As an ancient cult prepares to unleash its deadly plot against humankind, Sheppard’s survival depends on his questioning of everything

Sounds like there could be a whump or two involved so I'm hoping for a good read.
    I am definately ordering that book!

*dashes off to Amazon*

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    Hello,

I'm here to pimp a fic but I want to give fair warning that it is a deathfic, so I totally understand if no one wants to read it. Having said that if you are an imaginative sort I think I've left enough leeway for you to make up your own happier ending. So if you don't mind being depressed a little follow the link to my LJ - No Distance Left To Run
    Wow - that was superb!

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    Anyway I'm kind of staying out of the way on GW, I won't see Miller's Crossing until tomorrow - though thanks to the wonderful people on another board and on LJ I have been inadvertently spoiled.
    Noooooooo!! That sucks!

Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Hey guys, I bet I've missed lots of yummy alphabet whump I got food poisoning and have been ill for a few days, still feel pants, but at least I no longer feel like I am going to die Gonna wander off and catch up on the thread, BRB!
    Food poisoning! Urgh, not fun at all!! Hope you're feeling better. *hugs*

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Classic.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
      I am definately ordering that book!

*dashes off to Amazon*
      Forget Amazon! Order direct from Fandemonium! I placed my order Sunday, it shipped yesterday and arrived today!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Forget Amazon! Order direct from Fandemonium! I placed my order Sunday, it shipped yesterday and arrived today!
        Wow!! That's fast.

Amazon were sold out and said it would be a couple of weeks so i didn't order - probably just as well!

Thanks for the tip - i'll check that out right away!

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          Wow!! That's fast.

Amazon were sold out and said it would be a couple of weeks so i didn't order - probably just as well!

Thanks for the tip - i'll check that out right away!
          I've given up on ordering Fandy books through Amazon - they suck! I've ordered the last few direct from Fandy and the service has been excellent every time.
          sigpic

Comment

I've given up on ordering Fandy books through Amazon - they suck! I've ordered the last few direct from Fandy and the service has been excellent every time.
            Yeah - the site said 1-2 days, whereas Amazon said if i ordered now it wouldn't be here by Xmas!! That's 3 weeks!?!

Think i'll be using this site from now on too.

*waiting patiently for new book*

l My LJ l

Comment

Guys please, if you're posting pics with the IMG tags they MUST be less than 700 pixels wide. anything bigger stretches teh forum and makes it hard to read

Please downsize your pics, put them as simply a link or put them behind spoiler tags. I also need you to please keep an eye on your file size. The pics should be 50K or less simply because once you get a dozen or more cool pics with large file sizes on a single page you have to wait for ALL those pics to download before the page is displayed. I'm at work on a T1 line and it took me almost aminute to open this page. So it had to have pics in it worth megs and megs.

So please, let's keep file sizes and pixel sizes down so everyone can enjoy all the whump without staring at a stretched out or plain blue screen for minutes on end.

thanks
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know that Skydiver. I'll try to remember in future. My trouble is, I've got this big widescreen monitor and everything looks small to me.

I don't order through Amazon anymore because they charge £4.95 to send the book whereas Fandemonium only charge £1.99.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Guys please, if you're posting pics with the IMG tags they MUST be less than 700 pixels wide. anything bigger stretches teh forum and makes it hard to read

Please downsize your pics, put them as simply a link or put them behind spoiler tags. I also need you to please keep an eye on your file size. The pics should be 50K or less simply because once you get a dozen or more cool pics with large file sizes on a single page you have to wait for ALL those pics to download before the page is displayed. I'm at work on a T1 line and it took me almost aminute to open this page. So it had to have pics in it worth megs and megs.

So please, let's keep file sizes and pixel sizes down so everyone can enjoy all the whump without staring at a stretched out or plain blue screen for minutes on end.

thanks
                  Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

thanks
                    Thanks Skydiver. I'll make sure my file sizes are less than 50k
                    sigpic

Comment

Ali - I know what you mean,,,I've bought SGA books before on Amazon...and at times I could get like 3-4 emails telling me it's delayed...I could sometime get something like 2 months after it's been released...so this time I didn't even bother...

Astral - Love the Christmas sig
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Good Morning Whumpers! I'm loving the ABC's of Whump List!!

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                        Hey Guys!

You've only got one more day to vote for Stargate Atlantis for the Peoples' Choice Awards!!! Come on! Go vote for SGA!! We can not let Battle Star Galatica
                        win! That would bite so much!!

Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote!!!!

Make Sci- Fi have to stand up and recognize that SGA IS the only thing worth watching on their network! Let SGA get the respect it deserves!!!

Do I smell possibly some Humble Pie in the future.... Maybe!!

Can you hear it!!

And the Peoples' Choice Award for Best Sci-fi Drama goes to:
                        Spoiler:

Stargate Atlantis

Don't Miss Out! Cast your vote before it's too late!!

www.pcavote.com
                        I thought I would post this here too since we only have one more day to vote! We have to make sure SGA gets Best Sci-Fi Drama! So all of you US fans get busy!!
                        1-800-Iluv-JandT
                        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                          Good Morning Whumpers! I'm loving the ABC's of Whump List!!

I thought I would post this here too since we only have one more day to vote! We have to make sure SGA gets Best Sci-Fi Drama! So all of you US fans get busy!!
                          OMG!! Thanks for the reminder - i completely forgot!

*hangs head in shame*

Have done my duty.

l My LJ l

Comment

Morning all!

On to "F" whump - anything spoilered is S4

Friend whump

Forced to kneel whump

Fear whump

Forgetfulness whump

Fighting whump

Potential "F" whump

Flogging whump
                            Fire whump
                            Frigid weather whump
                            Femoral artery whump
                            Fangirl whump
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Wow, you must live close by the warehouse! I'm hoping mine will be in the mail today, but knowing my local post office....

Comment

F= Finger whump

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X