John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
    Exactly - i wouldn't want him in command, but i'm pleased they considered him as a serious candidate. This way, he gets to be in authority, but not enough that he can't be who he is.
    I'm really happy that they all recognize his ability and expertise.
    Spoiler:
    Funny how one line of dialogue can do that. One side comment by Carter made me see the IOA guys as actually being smart. I'm also glad he turned it down.
    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
    Sig and avi by me
    Spoiler:

Comment

^He didn't...
      Spoiler:
      ...turn it down, Carter merely said he was on the short list.

I do like that they are making Sheppard a little more responsible and "grown up" this year. In the past he's been used as comic relief too many times. TPTB need to realise someone can be funny and smart at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
        ^He didn't...
        Spoiler:
        ...turn it down, Carter merely said he was on the short list.

I do like that they are making Sheppard a little more responsible and "grown up" this year. In the past he's been used as comic relief too many times. TPTB need to realise someone can be funny and smart at the same time.
        True enough. He said
        Spoiler:
        he wouldn't have wanted it, which I think is the perfect situation and works well... it acknowledges that he could do the job and ahd rightly been considered for it but it was offered to someone else and Sheppard doesn't have an issue with that because he didn't really want the job anyway.

I'm with you on grown up Sheppard too. I like the witty banter etc and his occasional childishness with Rodney but I like it mixed with/tempered by the competent, serious soldier side of Sheppard.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Fingers crossed for ya honey. It can be hard to get your foot in the door with the NHS as a lot of roles go internally so to even have an interview is a good sign! Here's hoping for a positive result..
          thanks hon! oh i know it is- i applied to 4 jobs at the nhs and i only got an interview with this one- but they were ward clerks which im not experienced with and this one is for a phlebotomist so its different (not trained but they offer it!)- and they know i want to eventually become a childrens nurse so any hospital experience would be an advantage for my course....plus i made sure i mentioned my sister in law and brother actually work as nurses at that same hospital! just wait and see as ever!

I agree that I've been pleased with how they've introduced Carter and how she's interacted with Shep. It does feel like Sheppard is being portrayed as more competent this season... I think perhaps the tone of the season, whilst still keeping the show's humour, is a little darker and more serious this season and so that's giving us chance to see Sheppard being serious and being taken seriously - that he is a competent soldier and leader and can offer serious advice to his colleagues and superiors, not just flippant remarks etc...
          her interactions with shep are the most enjoyable to watch because he really shines when hes with her, she makes him look good lol. as weve said, he becomes competent shep, rahter than naughty school boy he was made to become with weir.
          i love the darker edge this year but keeping the humour smart!
          Okay, that's it. I'm gonna have to start watching Season 5 of NCIS. I was holding off in an attempt to be vaguely organised and watch the first 4 seasons first but to heck with it!
          hehehe sucked in lol....i watched NCIS completely out of order when i got into it- i watched a season 4 ep and then jumped around until i got the DVDs for season 1 to 3 and could actually watch them in some order!!
          Its the lure of
          Spoiler:
          whump.....funnily enough the whumpy eps were amongst the first eps i watched! and its really good whump as well from the looks of things

Gotta agree with you there on the competent thing. I *loved* seeing Sheppard
          Spoiler:
          e.g. fixing the control chair on his own in Travelers, offering serious advice to Carter and having her listen and appreciate it, being referred to by Carter as the person who knows most about the Wraith and her asking for his opinion/advice on the matter etc.

Basically, I am loving Season 4 so far.. I think it may well be the best season yet.
          oh yeh i loved all that too!! and ive enjoyed season 4 a lot so depending on the rest of the season- which looks pretty awesome (apart from one ep im really dreading) i think it surely has the potential to be the best.

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
          I'm really happy that they all recognize his ability and expertise.
          Spoiler:
          Funny how one line of dialogue can do that. One side comment by Carter made me see the IOA guys as actually being smart. I'm also glad he turned it down.
          The ioa have come far indeed considering they didnt even want shep to remain as CO in intruder...and probs wouldve wanted him off atlantis full stop!
          nice to see shep being respected for a change by them!
          Last edited by Rootortoise; 21 November 2007, 05:06 AM. Reason: idiot moment!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
            thanks hon! oh i know it is- i applied to 4 jobs at the nhs and i only got an interview with this one- but they were ward clerks which im not experienced with and this one is for a phlebotomist so its different (not trained but they offer it!)- and they know i want to eventually become a childrens nurse so any hospital experience would be an advantage for my course....plus i made sure i mentioned my sister in law and brother actually work as nurses at that same hospital! just wait and see as ever!
            Eeeeeew! Sticking needles in people for a living!

Sounds like an interesting job though and once you're trained will be another skill to your repertoire.

hehehe sucked in lol....i watched NCIS completely out of order when i got into it- i watched a season 4 ep and then jumped around until i got the DVDs for season 1 to 3 and could actually watch them in some order!!
            Its the lure of
            Spoiler:
            whump.....funnily enough the whumpy eps were amongst the first eps i watched! and its really good whump as well from the looks of things

I've been watching eps from a mix of seasons 1-3 on FX and, I think, Season 4 on Channel 5!
            sigpic

Comment

Vampire!!

*runs and hides*
              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

True enough. He said
                Spoiler:
                he wouldn't have wanted it, which I think is the perfect situation and works well... it acknowledges that he could do the job and ahd rightly been considered for it but it was offered to someone else and Sheppard doesn't have an issue with that because he didn't really want the job anyway.

I'm with you on grown up Sheppard too. I like the witty banter etc and his occasional childishness with Rodney but I like it mixed with/tempered by the competent, serious soldier side of Sheppard.
                True. I had forgotten the exact lines. Maybe I should watch that ep again!
                Sig and avi by me
                Spoiler:

Comment

Eeeeeew! Sticking needles in people for a living!

Sounds like an interesting job though and once you're trained will be another skill to your repertoire.
                  hahaha i know, have to say im a bit nervous about the prospect too lol!

I've been watching eps from a mix of seasons 1-3 on FX and, I think, Season 4 on Channel 5!
                  i think its season 3 on channel 5 but FX is playing season 4 in between showing season 1....cant remember what day its on but they repeat them a lot!! the last season 4 ep on FX was twisted sister.
                  I love it haha!! i see youve been on kodiak's journal....knew you couldnt resist!!

Looked on your journal at your con report btw.....i used to LOVE red dwarf!!
                  and torri's dad was from swansea.....where i went to uni!! Glad you had a great time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post

Vampire!!

*runs and hides*
                    hahaha well i AM a whumper and therefore i like blood!!!

Comment

Boredom in critical levels. I just found this out. Several funny results. It creates ramdon facts of life.

e.g.
                      When God said, "Let there be light", John Sheppard said, "say please."
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

hahaha i know, have to say im a bit nervous about the prospect too lol!

i think its season 3 on channel 5 but FX is playing season 4 in between showing season 1....cant remember what day its on but they repeat them a lot!! the last season 4 ep on FX was twisted sister.
                        I love it haha!! i see youve been on kodiak's journal....knew you couldnt resist!!
                        RE NCIS: Five is showing season 1 on Fridays, they're near the end of the season I believe and they are showing what I think is season 3 on Saturday nights.

Comment

See I have no idea which seasons I am watching where!! FX shows a mix of eps with Kate in (so season 1 or 2) and with Ziva in (so 3 or 4) and there's new episodes every day, sometimes two a day. Channel 5 shows one ep a week and I thought it was therefore a recent series (it's got Ziva in it) so I assumed it would be 4 rather than 3! *sigh*

Looked on your journal at your con report btw.....i used to LOVE red dwarf!!
                          and torri's dad was from swansea.....where i went to uni!! Glad you had a great time!!
                          I used to love Red Dwarf too. Seeing the guys at Collectormania was awesome.
                          sigpic

Comment

morning whumpers
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Morning, afternoon, evening whumpers. I just have to share a bit of strange whump that happened at my house last night

Spoiler:
                              I got home to a shattered door on my oven. Hubby had been playing with the dogs and his wedding ring flew off his finger, bounced on the floor and shattered the glass. So glad we decided to deep fry the turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Pics at my LJ
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                Morning, afternoon, evening whumpers. I just have to share a bit of strange whump that happened at my house last night

Spoiler:
                                I got home to a shattered door on my oven. Hubby had been playing with the dogs and his wedding ring flew off his finger, bounced on the floor and shattered the glass. So glad we decided to deep fry the turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Pics at my LJ
                                Now that is terrifying. Hmmm, could Shep be in the Atlantis kitchen and suffer some oven whump?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X