Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I think I know what's happened. There's a piccie of a
    Spoiler:
    zombie from SG1. He is wearing a leather jacket AND a zip up black top. I don't think it's Shep though. It says it's a flesh eating zombie!
    sigpic

Comment

My ficcie is up - The Most Wonderful Feeling

Warning - it's a bit dark!

Will post it to LJ when I get home...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        I've heard you can only kill those bugs with iron skillets skillfully adn brutally applied, but the best news story I read was the one bug that destroyed a car. Really. It got into the engine (somewhere), caught on fire (guess they're flammable!) and poof, up in flames went the car!

Hm, guess if Shep goes back to earth visiting the deep south won't be a high priority!

OMG! LOL, now that'd be interesting telling your insurance agent..."You see, it all started with this bug..."

And ticks...I'd NEVER seen a tick till last year, cause you know, I lived in Alaska where mosquitoes are the state bird, but thankfully we lacked much in the way of larger than a common house spider. So, Loki (my mini schnauzer) had this thing sticking out of the crease on his ear and I thought it was like a cyst or something but it just looked funny...I snapped a pic and posted it on my mommy group and people came back with 'looks like a tick, just pull it out'...me, I was all "Tick! WTF, TICK!!!" cause yeah, that's like, really really disturbing. Dh was in Iraq so all I could do was send him an email that went like this...

OMFG, Loki has a TICK...HELP! He'd all ready bunked down for the night, I couldn't find my regular tweezers so I grabbed my kids plastic pair from their doctor kit and got my dog out onto the porch, a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and cotton balls. All I knew is hold the alcohol soaked pad over it to drown it. Yeah, right.

Loki stared at me like I was going to cut his ear off, and the tick...it just kept 'ticking'. I started yanking on it finally getting desperate and wow, they DON'T like to let go, and the whole concept of having an insect head *buried* into your skin...*shudder*...I wound up yanking the body off and the head stuck in his ear.

Then I spread like a tube of antibiotic ointment over the spot (yeah, this is a DOG, but I figure it had to help) and then a few days later his body took care of it, formed a little cyst and it came out on its own, but that was TRAUMA people, trauma for this Alaskan.

In fact, ticks are worse than spiders, any day, because at least spiders don't try to bury themselves into your skin in hidden little places.
        sigpic

Comment

This is probably an odd thing to say, but did you ever watch his legs in that episode? The continuity is awful. Left leg out, then right leg out, then both, then one. I kept thinking, gee, Shep says he can't move, but he sure moves those legs around a lot!

I know, it was hilarious, but I guess we have to give them all a break. It sounds like Joe was miserable LOL (and while I feel for him, god, I love that episode)!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
            OMG! LOL, now that'd be interesting telling your insurance agent..."You see, it all started with this bug..."
            I guess they found the charred remains or something to prove it was a bug...

And ticks...I'd NEVER seen a tick till last year, cause you know, I lived in Alaska where mosquitoes are the state bird, but thankfully we lacked much in the way of larger than a common house spider. So, Loki (my mini schnauzer) had this thing sticking out of the crease on his ear and I thought it was like a cyst or something but it just looked funny...I snapped a pic and posted it on my mommy group and people came back with 'looks like a tick, just pull it out'...me, I was all "Tick! WTF, TICK!!!" cause yeah, that's like, really really disturbing. Dh was in Iraq so all I could do was send him an email that went like this...
            You are SOOOO lucky. In ye olden days, yoy got a tick, you ripped it off. No big deal. Now... you see atick on you, then a day later, a red spot, you go NO NO NO! LYME! ARGH!!!!!!! and run to the doctor who, many times out of ten, will go, 'here are hte antibiotics' cuz it's really better safe than sorry. The Lyme tests aren't accurate, really, and the repercussions of not treating it are horrifying. So, I got a month's worth of medicine and was told, in the summer, to stay out of the sun (heck, I stayed out of the outdoors, but then the dog brings the ticks IN). I found a tick family on the dog once, wel,l about six ticks have a feast on his backside. Gross, gross, gross.

In fact, ticks are worse than spiders, any day, because at least spiders don't try to bury themselves into your skin in hidden little places.
            Yes, anywhere and everywhere. And the deer ticks are . this big. Yes, as tiny as that dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              Spoiler:
              zombie from SG1. He is wearing a leather jacket AND a zip up black top. I don't think it's Shep though. It says it's a flesh eating zombie!
              Ah ok. I won't rush out then

Originally posted by Prion
              This is probably an odd thing to say, but did you ever watch his legs in that episode? The continuity is awful. Left leg out, then right leg out, then both, then one. I kept thinking, gee, Shep says he can't move, but he sure moves those legs around a lot!
              I've noticed this myself but honestly? I really don't care... cos he looks soooooo damn cute (and restless and in pain!) with his one leg tucked under the other like that.
              sigpic

Comment

re: legs moviing

I know, it was hilarious, but I guess we have to give them all a break. It sounds like Joe was miserable LOL (and while I feel for him, god, I love that episode)!
                I gather since they spent, what, 8 days making that episode that that yeah, they figured, hey, who's going to notice the legs in a different spot. I mean, can you see them telling Joe "Hey, can you stay just like that yeah, just like that. Don't move an inch. Now on Friday, you can shift a leg." Uh yeah, sure I remember he said it was one of the first episode he'd done and they were torturing him

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                  Spoiler:

Oh that is good- because I didnt want to be missing out!!! Oh but bad too beacuse I wanted to see it - if it were true!!

Still maybe we will get the real thing tonight with the pics being released!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps

Fin? Fin? (I saw that at the end of the story). I sure as heck hope there's a resolution - poor Shep! Or else, or else. I'll pick through the dog and send some ticks! Yes! Well, no, they'd escape out of the envelope, but hey, the deer ticks are this small ..............

Yes, patch the poor boy up!

Comment

My hubby got Lymes disease in Korea, untreated, and developed a rare condition called Morphea where he's got discolorations, kind of like darker tan patches of skin. He thinks it's terrible, me I don't even notice that much. The first one came after we got in a bad car wreck and they thought maybe that was from it but what it wound up being were places that got pressure developed them. Very odd! It was from *that* though that they realized he has a rarer genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and two of our four inherited it (already born, our last baby was 2 months old when they diagnosed him with that)...so just weird, and it all started with a tick LOL!

Ali, more yummy shep whump, off to read!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Fin? Fin? (I saw that at the end of the story). I sure as heck hope there's a resolution - poor Shep! Or else, or else. I'll pick through the dog and send some ticks! Yes! Well, no, they'd escape out of the envelope, but hey, the deer ticks are this small ..............

Yes, patch the poor boy up!
                        Well I can honestly say that's the first time I've been threatened with tics by mail if I don't continue a ficcy!

I put Fin? because I think I probably am gonna write a bit more... I think it does need some closure... but I wanted to post what there was and have the option to revisit it later.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps

Oh Ali - Very good indeed!!!! I loved that very much but you must write more!!!

Oh i hate ff.net and that flipping scan thing that pops up

Comment

Lovely one-shot, definitely needs a follow up Ali!

sigpic

Comment

Wheeeee! I got a letter today.... from The Weakest Link!

I made it! I'm on the shortlist of contestants!

No guarantee that you'll get on the show but basically they have a shortlist of available contestants and they try and match so that they have a good mix on each show (so no duplication of names, ages, jobs, hobbies, regions etc between contestants). So they contact you if and when they want you!

Heeeee!

Guess they must have liked me cos they said if we'd been successful we'd hear from them "within 2 weeks" - I saw them on Friday, I guess the researchers showed the tapes etc to the producers on Monday and they must have posted my letter yesterday!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats Ali!!!! That's awesome, and it doesn't surprise me at all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X