Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
    *iz scared to ask* What is a scouser?
    Someone from the city of Liverpool in Northern England. The Beatles, for example, were Scousers! It's a nickname for Liverpudlians (another name for people from Liverpool).

Tends to have some slightly derogatory connotations... depends how it's used...
    sigpic

Comment

Well my bath didn't turn out so relaxing. When I got out I pulled my robe on and a spider crawled off of it on to my skin - I still feel really jittery and I've scrubbed my skin red raw where it was, so now I'm even more wound up than I was before hand. And it looks like I'm not gong to be able to sit down and watch Supernatural just yet either. *sulks* I'm never going to get my squee back.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Someone from the city of Liverpool in Northern England. The Beatles, for example, were Scousers! It's a nickname for Liverpudlians (another name for people from Liverpool).

Tends to have some slightly derogatory connotations... depends how it's used...
      I was reading what you guys were saying about your favorite places etc and I've come to the rather embarrassing realisation that I have only ever been to two cities in my entire life - God that's a depressing thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
        Well my bath didn't turn out so relaxing. When I got out I pulled my robe on and a spider crawled off of it on to my skin - I still feel really jittery and I've scrubbed my skin red raw where it was, so now I'm even more wound up than I was before hand. And it looks like I'm not gong to be able to sit down and watch Supernatural just yet either. *sulks* I'm never going to get my squee back.

I was reading what you guys were saying about your favorite places etc and I've come to the rather embarrassing realisation that I have only ever been to two cities in my entire life - God that's a depressing thought.
        God, I hate spiders! *shudder*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post

OMG, I'd still be screaming now. I'm so sorry that happened to you hon... I'm an utter arachnophobe and that would freak me out for hours. Last time a spider crawled on my bare skin I literally couldn't stop shaking and crying for about half an hour and it took me hours to even go back into the room (after I'd made hubby turn the room upside down looking for the damn thing (he couldn't find it))..

I wish I could do something to help you get your squee back. Is there something - anything - I can do to help? *hugs*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            It could easily be a trick of the light or the camera angle, I agree. In my whumpy head it's a
            Spoiler:
            bruise
            because that makes me feel surprisingly happy! I think it probably isn't though, to be honest, but my heart says pretend it is!!!

It's never too late to join in Ruffles!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I loved it, MC. I've watched it many times, so I think you might well like it.

Well, there might not be. It could be the light - easily. Teh Hair is different though, so I don't think it's a deleted scene, and if it was where did the problem with the lip go? I don't think it's a coldsore though. That suggestion made me chuckle. Who was that?

You say what you want sweetie!

I hope it's just the start!!!!

Squee indeed. Grrrrrr on the other matter!

Definitely he is more
            Spoiler:
            unshaven than usual. But, damn it, does he look hot, worried and whumped!!!!
            Oh you phrased that so well and him being
            Spoiler:
            hot worried and whumed makes me go weak at the knees

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
            We are definitely overdue! We need something to keep us going through this drought.

*iz scared to ask* What is a scouser?
            I know it has been a while, lol, a scouser is just a nickname for someone who is born and raised in liverpool. TBH I'm not sure where it originated from, maybe circa 1800 where the liverpudlians made pans of scouse cause they were so poor, lol.

Ramble away. Let's be honest, we're such obsessive fans that if there'd been a shot anywhere like this, or this fitted anywhere in season 3, one of us would've found it. SheppyD has the largest number of Shep caps in the universe, and she was stumped. So, I'm sticking with season 4, and even if it isn't, and I don't see how it can be season 3, I love the piccie anyway and can have whumpy dreams about it!!!

Oh yeah, COME BACK SHEPPYD!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!
            Not obsessive, dedicated

And yep SD we miss ya hon, come back and play with us soon *huggles*

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
            Heh! Just the way we like him!!

Blinkin' flip...I wish Joe would get a blog going just like everyone else on Stargate seems to be doing these days!!

I'd be up in the middle of the night to read that!!

I know, I think he's just busy with everything that he doesn't get the time, bless him.

Comment

This is a little OT. But I don't think I told you guys what happened the other day, did I? I was taking my dad for his usual round of blood tests, and he's got a new wheelchair. It has a padded cushion seat which is removable. My mum put it in its plastic wrapper in the back of the car, on the seat, and we went on our merry way. When we got there she lifted the cushion and bag off the seat, and literally hundreds of little spiders ran out everywhere. There must have been a nest in the bag from the factory where it was stored. I still am getting spiders in there now, despite us cleaning it out 3 times, with a few yelps as we did it. It was so disgusting and frightening, and would happen in my damn car! Urrrrggh!!!
              sigpic

Comment

This is a little OT. But I don't think I told you guys what happened the other day, did I? I was taking my dad for his usual round of blood tests, and he's got a new wheelchair. It has a padded cushion seat which is removable. My mum put it in its plastic wrapper in the back of the car, on the seat, and we went on our merry way. When we got there she lifted the cushion and bag off the seat, and literally hundreds of little spiders ran out everywhere. There must have been a nest in the bag from the factory where it was stored. I still am getting spiders in there now, despite us cleaning it out 3 times, with a few yelps as we did it. It was so disgusting and frightening, and would happen in my damn car! Urrrrggh!!!
                *shudders*

Would still be screaming now. Would not have gotten back in that car for love nor money - probably not even if assured that all the spiders were gone..
                sigpic

Comment

*shudders at the thought*

I can't even pick up a magazine or paper if it's got a picture of a spider in it *shivers* I think i woulda passed out, so scary for ya *looks around the room to make sure there's no spiders lurking*

But on that train of thought, I hope we get me bug angst from Shep in S4

Comment

*shudders*

Would still be screaming now. Would not have gotten back in that car for love nor money - probably not even if assured that all the spiders were gone..
                    I keep finding them in the front of the car now, 3 days later. It takes all my self control not to scream while I'm driving!!! Not a nice experience, to say the least.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't honestly see what else it could be... it just doesn't fit into any of the Season 3 eps.
                      no it doesnt!
                      It could easily be a trick of the light or the camera angle, I agree. In my whumpy head it's a
                      Spoiler:
                      bruise
                      because that makes me feel surprisingly happy! I think it probably isn't though, to be honest, but my heart says pretend it is!!!

I loved it, MC. I've watched it many times, so I think you might well like it.

Definitely he is more
                      Spoiler:
                      unshaven than usual. But, damn it, does he look hot, worried and whumped!!!!
                      i loved the ark, although i got a little bored in the middle when
                      Spoiler:
                      the old dude was talking to the suicidal dude...
                      but the whump and thunkyness of shep..yum!!
                      heh
                      Spoiler:
                      hot worried and whumped GUH!! yes i like pretending its a bruise too!!

SQUEEE!
                      Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                      I'm with you, about the whole
                      Spoiler:
                      keep him detained for longer than a couple of days. I always wondered how long Shep was held by Kolya, but I never got the impression that it was longer than 24 hours, so i'm hoping for more Ooooh think of the angst

I know we do tend to get a tad excited, BUT in our defence it's been a while, so I think we are well overdue for some quality squee time
                      we are well overdue, so SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      i hope in T
                      Spoiler:
                      he is prisoner for longer than a day....can u imagine the team angst, trying to find him....i can imagine Rodney staying up late, not sleeping going through some sort of ship data to try and locate sheppy, ronon and teyla wanting to do something but feel useless....SQUEEEEEEEEE, and if sheppy is prisoner for longer than a day he could get dehydrated and all sorts!! yeh i wish oh and NO sheppy saving himself this time!!

Ramble away. Let's be honest, we're such obsessive fans that if there'd been a shot anywhere like this, or this fitted anywhere in season 3, one of us would've found it. SheppyD has the largest number of Shep caps in the universe, and she was stumped. So, I'm sticking with season 4, and even if it isn't, and I don't see how it can be season 3, I love the piccie anyway and can have whumpy dreams about it!!!

Oh yeah, COME BACK SHEPPYD!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!
                      i will ramble definately, and we know in the ark any really good whumpy stuff *grumble grumble* was cut out before the script went to shoot, we got whump but nothing with blood unfortunately......and the other 2 eps he wore the yum uniform dont really fit in, and the architecture of the place as well......id bet on it being season 4.....it better be anyway lol!!
                      Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                      Heh! Just the way we like him!!

Blinkin' flip...I wish Joe would get a blog going just like everyone else on Stargate seems to be doing these days!!

I'd be up in the middle of the night to read that!!

well joe does have a family who he no doubt wants to spend lots of time with, no offence to DH or JM but they dont have 3 young kids to look after....plus i dont blame him being scared of the net, he might come across us nutters

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

*shudders at the thought*

I can't even pick up a magazine or paper if it's got a picture of a spider in it *shivers* I think i woulda passed out, so scary for ya *looks around the room to make sure there's no spiders lurking*

But on that train of thought, I hope we get me bug angst from Shep in S4
                        Oh buggy angst sounds good. I mean, if we're terrified of spiders, think how we'd be if we saw an Iratus bug? Sheppy is so brave and manly for not yelping when he sees one!!! Sigh....
                        sigpic

Comment

I keep finding them in the front of the car now, 3 days later. It takes all my self control not to scream while I'm driving!!! Not a nice experience, to say the least.
                          Oh, god. I'd crash. Seriously, I'd crash the damn car. I had a scary experience a few months ago when I was driving and a small spider appeared crawling down the driver's side window. I was driving on the ring road at 40 miles an hour in rush hour traffic and couldn't just stop so I ended up driving along leaning over to the left as far as I could and nearly crying and trying to watch the spider out of the corner of my eye whilst still watching the road and literally crying out in fear every time it moved. I was about to pull into the next turn off that came up and stop the car when the traffic slowed to a stop on the ring road and I stopped and put the handbrake on and managed to lean across and grab a till receipt that was lying in the passenger footwell and use it to squish the spider!

And this was a small spider... like half a centimetre total, including legs. If I ever met up with one of those ugly great brown things in the car while driving, I'd crash for sure!
                          sigpic

Comment

God, I hate spiders! *shudder*
                            OMG, I'd still be screaming now. I'm so sorry that happened to you hon... I'm an utter arachnophobe and that would freak me out for hours. Last time a spider crawled on my bare skin I literally couldn't stop shaking and crying for about half an hour and it took me hours to even go back into the room (after I'd made hubby turn the room upside down looking for the damn thing (he couldn't find it))..

I wish I could do something to help you get your squee back. Is there something - anything - I can do to help? *hugs*
                            I could have coped if it hadn't got on my skin but I've really made myself feel sick and I still keep jumping at the silliest of things - I've had to put my hair up because every time a bit of it moved on my shoulder or something I was jumping out of my chair.

Comment

Oh buggy angst sounds good. I mean, if we're terrified of spiders, think how we'd be if we saw an Iratus bug? Sheppy is so brave and manly for not yelping when he sees one!!! Sigh....
                              Oohh manly Shep *thud*

Well i'm gonna head off for a bit and go have a kip while I can, i'll catch you all a bit later *waves*

Comment

that happened in MY ROOM once!! in my old house, the window had a big gap by it and a spider laid her nest there and then they all hatched into my room, i opened the curtains and there were hundreds of the buggars!! i screamed for mum who thought when i said "theres loads of spiders in my room" was exaggerating because i REALLY hate spiders and even she was shocked, she had to get rid of all of them and i refused to go back in there until every single one was gone!!! I HATE SPIDERS!!!
                                eeek id really freak if i saw one!!
                                i love shep all scared of the bugs...wish we had more angst from him with that..Vengeance was pretty good but id have loved more
                                Spoiler:
                                and dont get me started on the teyla scene that so should have been shep instead!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X