No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Roo, Nina, Pisces, PJ, Mayo and all other milestoners!

OMG, it took me more than 90 minutes to catch up, so sorry if I repeat anything or missed milestones, etc. I am so self whumped this week. After the cold and sleepless nights, I spent the afternoon at the dentist. He replaced a filling and prepped another tooth for a crown. The side of my mouth is rubbed raw from all the mining going in in there. lol

I am going to play devil's advocate (ducks fast). I do not want to dampen any enthusiasm or squee or outrageous speculation. I want to be right there with you. BUT, when talking about Travelers, think Phantoms. It's likely they are only just now filming, if they have even started it. There is a long time between here and air date. She runs and hides fast...

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post

OMG, it took me more than 90 minutes to catch up, so sorry if I repeat anything or missed milestones, etc. I am so self whumped this week. After the cold and sleepless nights, I spent the afternoon at the dentist. He replaced a filling and prepped another tooth for a crown. The side of my mouth is rubbed raw from all the mining going in in there. lol

I am going to play devil's advocate (ducks fast). I do not want to dampen any enthusiasm or squee or outrageous speculation. I want to be right there with you. BUT, when talking about Travelers, think Phantoms. It's likely they are only just now filming, if they have even started it. There is a long time between here and air date. She runs and hides fast...
      Oh hon, don't feel you need to run and hide for stating your opinion. I'll be honest and say there is a part of me that clearly remembers the fiasco known as Phantoms. While I'll have fun with the squee....I am also not going to go overboard until I get more concrete evidence clearly indicating the whump. After all, what I don't consider whump, others will.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
        Hey Strinam!! Yes it did. I had a blast. Astronomy presentation with mentions of alcohol and that ancient people were smoking some good stuff out in the deserts...... Yes, I am serious.

how are things by you?
        cool, drinking and cool hallucinagens! glad it went well. things are going well here. Cold, ready for spring.

You guys see they are prepping the shuttle Atlantis for launch, again?

Thank you for the sig, SciFan!
        Spoiler:

Thank You Sheyla Fan!

Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks, GG! I just so didn't want the crush that everyone felt again. Since I really enjoy mind whumping, I loved Phantoms, but I know there was a ton of disappointment out there. Like you said, one person's whump may not be a true whumper's whump.

Firefly is on - War Stories. Now, there is whump!

Comment

Just saw on GW home page that
            Spoiler:
            Teal'c is only making a cameo in S4.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by strinam View Post
              cool, drinking and cool hallucinagens! glad it went well. things are going well here. Cold, ready for spring.

You guys see they are prepping the shuttle Atlantis for launch, again?
              Uhh...no actually I haven't. Will ahve to check it out.
              I am so reeady for spring myself. Sick of the snow and cold. Although next week we should be in he upper 40s and 50s.

Thanks, GG! I just so didn't want the crush that everyone felt again. Since I really enjoy mind whumping, I loved Phantoms, but I know there was a ton of disappointment out there. Like you said, one person's whump may not be a true whumper's whump.

No prob hon. I completely understand where you are coming from.

Never watched firefly. Heard its good though.
              sigpic

Comment

Firefly was so cool. If you're into Whedonesque, it's classic. Such a shame Fox didn't have a clue.

I just watched the Conversion commentary and enjoyed it immensely. Joe really seems to be into the technical side of filming. It will be interesting to see if they let him direct and how it turns out.

Anyway, time for bed...one more look at O1's fabulous vid, then off I go! A couple of Conversion pics to send me off.

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                  OK, an odd question.How bad would it be to 'photoshop' a pic of Sheppy to see what he could look like at the end of Travellers? Would that be going too far...what do you think?
                  Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Eeep! Do it! Do it! Do it! I'd love to see it!
                  Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                  I agree... do it!!
                  A 'do it' from me as well!!

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                  Found this little tidbit on David Hewlett's most current post. The whump sure sounds promising.
                  Yippee...and they've only just started filming haven't they? 'Course...he could be hurling himself around and then get up and walk away completely unscathed!! Hee hee! I like the sound of the 'hurling around' bit though!!

Congrats Nina, Roo and Pisces on your milestones!

Comment

Don't apologise. My squeeing is qualified, if that makes sense? I know only too well there could be hardly any whump. I did ask JM in his blog how much whump there'd be, but sadly he didn't answer, not that I'm surprised! I still remember Phantoms well, and the misunderstanding that led to us having the squee knocked out of us. But, at least we know there's a little whump in Travelers, and I'll take what I can get. To be honest, I don't think there could ever be enough whump in one episode to satisfy me!!! So, you're not playing devil's advocate, you're keeping your feet on the ground, which is sensible.
                    Congrats Roo on 3800!!

Congrats NINA ON 3300!!

CONGRATS PISCES ON 1000!!!!

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    Just saw on GW home page that
                    Spoiler:
                    Teal'c is only making a cameo in S4.
                    I had read that a while back on JM's blog, so I knew that and am happy!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Morning peeps, well, I may be a tad busy with *ahem* photshop today if the response yesterday was anything to go by......but I'll try and drop in occasionally and you never know I may be bearing gifts later..**TEE HEE**..plus I really want to break the back of Chap 8 of the ficcy.

By the way..

SQUEEEEEEE!!!
                      sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
                        OK, an odd question.How bad would it be to 'photoshop' a pic of Sheppy to see what he could look like at the end of Travellers? Would that be going too far...what do you think?
                        Oh yes go for it!!!!

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                        well, I was gonna post a pix, but I can't even load the PB page.....*sigh*

so lets all pretend this space below is a nice whumpy picspam.....

OK...pixspam is done
                        Awesome!!!!!

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                        Found this little tidbit on David Hewlett's most current post. The whump sure sounds promising.
                        Oh awesome!!!! I like the idea of hurling too!!!!

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        Don't apologise. My squeeing is qualified, if that makes sense? I know only too well there could be hardly any whump. I did ask JM in his blog how much whump there'd be, but sadly he didn't answer, not that I'm surprised! I still remember Phantoms well, and the misunderstanding that led to us having the squee knocked out of us. But, at least we know there's a little whump in Travelers, and I'll take what I can get. To be honest, I don't think there could ever be enough whump in one episode to satisfy me!!! So, you're not playing devil's advocate, you're keeping your feet on the ground, which is sensible.
                        Congrats Roo on 3800!!

Congrats NINA ON 3300!!

CONGRATS PISCES ON 1000!!!!

I had read that a while back on JM's blog, so I knew that and am happy!!!
                        Congratulations milestoners!!!!

Okay how I see it is that nobody ever really said that there was going to be Shep whump in Phantoms. We just made assumptions and got carried away based on those assumptions!!!

In connection with Travelers
                        Spoiler:
                        we have heard from the horses mouth that it is a gift to Shep whumpers (and he knows what whump is) and now we have the spoilers it does say beaten and bound. Now I agree that it may not end up being as whumpy as we hope - but I still believe that the episode is going to be one in which whumping Shep is a theme and that is good enough to make me squee!!! If this ep does not have huge amounts of Shep whump I am sure that another ep in S4 will so alll in all I am sure that we have something good to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
                          Oh yes go for it!!!!

Awesome!!!!!

Oh awesome!!!! I like the idea of hurling too!!!!

Congratulations milestoners!!!!

Okay how I see it is that nobody ever really said that there was going to be Shep whump in Phantoms. We just made assumptions and got carried away based on those assumptions!!!

Spoiler:
                          we have heard from the horses mouth that it is a gift to Shep whumpers (and he knows what whump is) and now we have the spoilers it does say beaten and bound. Now I agree that it may not end up being as whumpy as we hope - but I still believe that the episode is going to be one in which whumping Shep is a theme and that is good enough to make me squee!!! If this ep does not have huge amounts of Shep whump I am sure that another ep in S4 will so alll in all I am sure that we have something good to look forward to.
                          DITTO!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm not building my expectations up too much, don't get me wrong. I am retaining a healthy dose of pragmatism.. but I am also enjoying indulging myself a little in the squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post

Spoiler:
                            Oh and.. what she said^!!

Love this little snippet from JM's latest blog entry:
                            Best impromptu line during the read came from Jewel who, in response to David Hewlett’s “You’re not a real doctor”taunt, countered: “I’m a mechanic, not a doctor.”
                            I do like Jewel... she comes across as a very sweet, funny person...
                            sigpic

Comment

I've posted the final chapter of my Epiphany tag fic:

The One - Chapter 3

For those who don't like WIPs... this fic is now complete (for the time being anyway! )
                              sigpic

Comment

OK...for those who don't want to see it...don't look, but if you want to see a well and truly whumped Sheppy...*throws pic at thread*...

This is an 'I wish' piccy if you know what I mean...I think if I'd spent more time on it, it could be a bit better, but Hey ho..I'm a perfectionist and nothing is ever finished in my eyes, so best to stop there...Travelers..*sigh*

Spoiler:
                                Last edited by bebop; 09 March 2007, 02:28 AM.
                                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Working...
                                X