Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    aww it wasn't there i was hoping you would get it early
    aww thanks paris I got my S2 dvds today! Ali i hope you feel better soon
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      Hope I'm not repeating this, but:
      Just saw this is JM's blog, and thought it was interesting and exciting:

Redtwin writes: “I just watched "First Strike" and loved seeing Shepherd (sic) with a much more commanding demeanor very similar to how he was in "the Storm". Will we see more of this side to him in season 4? What are your thoughts on Droste chocolate?”

Answer: Re: commanding Sheppard - we’ll see the many sides of John in season 4...
      i saw that this morning and i just thought SQUEEEEE!!!heheh i wonder what he means by that...hopefully lots of whumpy sides!!!!
      Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      From having a quick look at the stuff listed on the booklet, it doesn't look like there's anything on the boxset that wasn't on the single release DVDs, Linzi.. (bit silly if you ask me as including extra stuff on the boxset would encourage more sales... people who already have the single releases would buy the boxset too in order to make sure they had all the available behind the scenes goodies etc!)
      i have to say that would really annoy me if they addded more stuff to the box set after spending more on the individual sets, and dont forget not everybody can afford to get both. tbh even i wouldnt want spend more money just for a few extra...er extras.
      my sis was annoyed when she got the individual season 1 dvds and i waited (since i wasnt really obsessed back then like i am now where i could no way wait!) for the season 1 box set and it had commentaries on them.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
        i have to say that would really annoy me if they addded more stuff to the box set after spending more on the individual sets, and dont forget not everybody can afford to get both. tbh even i wouldnt want spend more money just for a few extra...er extras.
        my sis was annoyed when she got the individual season 1 dvds and i waited (since i wasnt really obsessed back then like i am now where i could no way wait!) for the season 1 box set and it had commentaries on them.
        Tbh though, it's standard practice in the DVD industry... how many times do you buy a film DVD when it's released and then find that 3-6 months later they have released a "special edition" DVD with a load more extras etc. They do it because they know that people who are really into that product (and who, like me, appear to have the "collector gene") will go and buy the extended version too so that they have "everything"! And in a market like genre TV with shows with a fanbase such as the Gates.. a significant proportion of people *will* buy the single release DVDs and then get the boxset as well because it's got additional stuff on it.
        sigpic

Comment

Tbh though, it's standard practice in the DVD industry... how many times do you buy a film DVD when it's released and then find that 3-6 months later they have released a "special edition" DVD with a load more extras etc. They do it because they know that people who are really into that product (and who, like me, appear to have the "collector gene") will go and buy the extended version too so that they have "everything"! And in a market like genre TV with shows with a fanbase such as the Gates.. a significant proportion of people *will* buy the single release DVDs and then get the boxset as well because it's got additional stuff on it.
          yeh i know thats what they do, i was just saying i wouldnt do it, especially because it is obvious they were doing it to make more money off me, when id already brought the episodes which are the most important things...after all the extras lately havent even been that good im hoping the season 3 dvds will have better extras..id love a sheppy profile like every other guy got last time!

Comment

Finally finished Chapter 3....if you want to take a look
            Protective Instincts
            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

yeh i know thats what they do, i was just saying i wouldnt do it, especially because it is obvious they were doing it to make more money off me, when id already brought the episodes which are the most important things...after all the extras lately havent even been that good im hoping the season 3 dvds will have better extras..id love a sheppy profile like every other guy got last time!
              Oh there better be some kinda damn profile of Joe on the Season 3 DVDs after they profiled every flipping male core cast member EXCEPT the lead guy on the Season 2 DVDs!!! Still can't get my head around the thinking behind that one... I'd hoped they were maybe saving some stuff for the boxset and might have done a Joe profile for the boxset but no joy it seems...

I admit I prefer to wait and get boxsets cos I just love boxsets.. there's something awesome about having the whole series all together in one box and the pretty packaging etc...
              sigpic

Comment

Oh there better be some kinda damn profile of Joe on the Season 3 DVDs after they profiled every flipping male core cast member EXCEPT the lead guy on the Season 2 DVDs!!! Still can't get my head around the thinking behind that one... I'd hoped they were maybe saving some stuff for the boxset and might have done a Joe profile for the boxset but no joy it seems...

I admit I prefer to wait and get boxsets cos I just love boxsets.. there's something awesome about having the whole series all together in one box and the pretty packaging etc...
                i do love my season 1 box set its so pretty hehe but im too impatient to wait sooooo long for the box set and cant afford both and wouldnt want to buy both anyway!

pleeeease let there be a joe profile on the season 3 eps!!

Comment

i do love my season 1 box set its so pretty hehe but im too impatient to wait sooooo long for the box set and cant afford both and wouldnt want to buy both anyway!

pleeeease let there be a joe profile on the season 3 eps!!
                  That's why I rented the single release DVDs while I was waiting to buy the boxset!
                  sigpic

Comment

So worth the extra pennies!!!!
                    sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

I see they've kept up the usual high editorial quality in the booklet accompanying the DVDs... mixing up the photos for Siege III and Intruder!

Hey Caty, if you wanted to order from Amazon.co.uk, you can get it sent to me and I can post it on to you?
                      *huggles Ali* Sent you a PM

I'm okay thanks. I felt a bit sick last night from not eating and was also not in the best of moods again.. *sigh* I think I'm heading for one of my infrequent black patches... so don't be surprised if you suddenly don't see me around a lot on here. Sometimes I'm just not good company....
                      Oh no! I remember that you did that to us once. This place is just not the same without you. So let us cheer you up, ok?
                      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

well i need to go finish an essay...boring..id rather be here whumping sheppy but i have to go talk about love magic hehe..be back later people!!

Comment

well i need to go finish an essay...boring..id rather be here whumping sheppy but i have to go talk about love magic hehe..be back later people!!
                          Yeah, I need to go finish a paper... I'm so sick of this
                          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

hello whumpers,

see im still alive!! I've half written my new fic and I've totally broken sheppy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1 View Post
                              hello whumpers,

see im still alive!! I've half written my new fic and I've totally broken sheppy!!!
                              *eep* Broke him?!!
                              sigpic

Comment

*eep* Broke him?!!
                                a few more fingers, ribs, dislocated his shoulder and then have some evil thug put it back in for him....you know....that kind of thing

Hows the season two boxset? More extras???????should i buy it???? so many questions LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X