John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Morning all! Back at work = internet connection! Wooo!

Really couldn't get on at all yesterday - oh and helpline told us would be fixed by 11.50pm - still wasn't working at 1am! We've been told something different every time we phone.

We are now officially telling NTHell to go get stuffed. BT phone line is being connected on 5 June and after we've had that for 2 days we can ask for a broadband connection. And we're gonna go with Sky for the TV.

And tell NTHell to disconnect the entire package and go to hell!

NTHell blokey tried to offer me discounted rates etc when I said we were gonna cancel the service and I just told him it's not an issue of money, it's an issue of reliability - we pay for - and NEED - a permanent internet connection.. and they simply cannot guarantee that we can reliably receive that service. My husband often needs to do work from home and to be able to connect to the server at work and transfer files etc - he needed to do that this weekend and has been unable to.

So I'm sorry I've not been able to get your next chapter back to you Josie - I really could barely get an email out all weekend. I'll try and get it sent to you today from work.
    Poor you! What a nightmare. To pay all that money and have such a poor service...argggh.Tell them to get stuffed, I agree. We've missed you! I know I haven't been around much, but it's been quiet around here, too quiet! I need whump!
    Good news for me - my dad is still holding on. He's actually a little better as far as the infection goes, the other problems are awaiting scans - so, knowing the NHS we could be waiting a long time for some answers!
    I've also started writing again, which I've missed!

sigpic

Comment

Glad you are back Ali- it is very quiet without you!!!

Great news Linzi!!! Looking forward to reading more of your fic. Yummy whumpy pics by the way!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss
            http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/lissafoss/Joe%20flanigan/Atlantis/joeshepi.jpg
            Yummy tummy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              Poor you! What a nightmare. To pay all that money and have such a poor service...argggh.Tell them to get stuffed, I agree. We've missed you! I know I haven't been around much, but it's been quiet around here, too quiet! I need whump!
              Good news for me - my dad is still holding on. He's actually a little better as far as the infection goes, the other problems are awaiting scans - so, knowing the NHS we could be waiting a long time for some answers!
              I've also started writing again, which I've missed!
              It's been such a pain. We've not had any problems with the service for approx 4 years but recently it's been SO awful and when you pay £25 a month for permanent connection you are entitled to EXPECT a permanent connection!! Though at least they are refunding me for the 11 days that I have calculated we have not had proper service during the past month!

The money is not the issue though - we need a reliable service.

Glad to hear your dad is doing ok Linz.. hopefully the MRI etc will provide some answers... Glad to hear you're writing again too.. it can be a good outlet and even just a bit of escapism, take your mind off things etc.

I've done no writing all weekend (bad Ali - *slaps wrist*). I just fetl very restless, not able to get online or do anything I wanted to and I just couldn't settle to any writing.
              sigpic

Comment

I've done no writing all weekend (bad Ali - *slaps wrist*). I just fetl very restless, not able to get online or do anything I wanted to and I just couldn't settle to any writing.
                Oh no I am soooooo in need of a fix!!!!

Comment

Hey Ali....will these help you settle down and write some fic???
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Hoping to get some fic writing done today...
                    sigpic

Comment

Hoping to get some fic writing done today...
                      I hope so. I need a good dose of stimulating whump ficcie! And...I need it very soon!
                      sigpic

Comment

Your wish is my command ma'am. I've decided to write the next (and last!) chapter of the leg wound ficcie next... get that one finished off. Depending on how my afternoon goes I might get it posted today... we'll see.

P.S. Going back to the discussion above about Shep in The Storm/The Eye - I loved the dichotomy of seeing the laid-back, easy-going Shep become the trained solider we know him to be. In my eyes the transition was not OOC or anything - not only was he fighting (and fully justifiably) to protect his city from a serious threat, but also he'd just been told that Elizabeth - his CO and his friend - had been murdered in cold blood. He was angry and upset.. but I think no more ruthless than he would have been without that influence (after all, he killed the 2 genii soldiers before that moment).

We may forget it - we may like to forget it - given his charming character, but Sheppard is a soldier and he has seen combat. He has been trained to kill.
                        sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

Comment

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/Whump/38-W4.jpg
                              *sighs*

Comment

*swoons*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X