Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
    Define Whump
    The dictionary definition is a thud. My interpretion of whumping is the thud of Sheppard either hitting the floor, something hitting him or something emotionally or physically happening to him causing distress or pain

Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      The dictionary definition is a thud. My interpretion of whumping is the thud of Sheppard either hitting the floor, something hitting him or something emotionally or physically happening to him causing distress or pain

Does that help?
      Yes thankyou
      Originally posted by G.B Shaw
      Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
      Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
      Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
      You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
      Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
      One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
      www.7-scales.co.uk
      http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
        yeh TDO definately needed an infirmary scene!! especailly after what happened to him!
        as for CG it didnt even have to be an infirmary scene, it couldve been him alone in his room/on the balcony having a moment which tells the audience that he was affected by what happened, or a lighter end with him and his team (and weir and carson) sat..say in the mess hall at night, saying how glad they are to have shep back or something. I at least wanted a scene with his reunion with weir, another hug maybe (ala siege) and her being upset over what she had to do and him telling her she did the rigght thing, and that they should just be happy that hes back now. you know something like that. shame about these time issues in eps, cos i loved all the scenes we did get and i will admit we needed that last scene but alas i like me some comfort and we didnt get it!!
        Roo I think this things are only going to be there if we put them there in fics and such....
        Hrmmm *scratch head* I think I actually had something like that on my Common Ground video...
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by SLC View Post
          Seeing Shep collapse at the end of TDO would have been awesome!!!

I agree seeing some sort of acknowledgement of what had actually taken place in CG is the one thing that the ep lacked!
          shep collapsing at the end of TDO would have been great!! with mckay catching him and being all "err ford, teyla help" hehe and then have a short scene in the infirmary with shep in bed and his team there, being all "thank goodness youre ok" and weir having a joke or carson i can imagine saying something like "going up against a bloody wraith, what the hell were you thinking son?" heheeh and maybe a moment with mckay and shep mentioning gaul and abrahms. errr ok so not such a short scene hehehe but a wonderfully h/c scenario nonetheless!!!!

of course CG we didnt get to see him affected cos tptb wont allow us to see the hero affected by stuff, even you know small stuff like being used as a pawn to your biggest enemy and being fed on by a wraith and nearly dying....*sigh*

again, thank god for fanfic, although its never quite the same as seeing it played out on screen.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

[QUOTE]
            Seeing Shep collapse at the end of TDO would have been awesome!!!
            I know, especially as it was 15 hours back to Atlantis, and didn't he say he thought he'd broken a couple of ribs? So sitting for that length of time would not be good for broken ribs. So I completely agree with you on that, he could've collapsed with a collapsed lung...but then isn't that a bit cliche? Oh well I don't mind cliche's lol.

I agree seeing some sort of acknowledgement of what had actually taken place in CG is the one thing that the ep lacked!
            I know, it should have been a two parter *sigh*, and not to mention the emotional baggage that must've come with it. Going through something like that would leave some kind of mental scars..

Spoiler for irresistable

Spoiler:
            While we did get to see a teeny tiny bit of angst in that, I wanted so much more throughout the ep *sigh*, especially with Kolya, but I won't rant, lol, I already did that in the ep thread *g*.

Comment

shep collapsing at the end of TDO would have been great!! with mckay catching him and being all "err ford, teyla help" hehe and then have a short scene in the infirmary with shep in bed and his team there, being all "thank goodness youre ok" and weir having a joke or carson i can imagine saying something like "going up against a bloody wraith, what the hell were you thinking son?" heheeh and maybe a moment with mckay and shep mentioning gaul and abrahms. errr ok so not such a short scene hehehe but a wonderfully h/c scenario nonetheless!!!!

of course CG we didnt get to see him affected cos tptb wont allow us to see the hero affected by stuff, even you know small stuff like being used as a pawn to your biggest enemy and being fed on by a wraith and nearly dying....*sigh*

again, thank god for fanfic, although its never quite the same as seeing it played out on screen.
              *sigh* sounds perfect!!!!!

Oh Shep will be whumped soon on Rising pt 2 which is on Sky 2 right now!!!!

Comment

*sigh* sounds perfect!!!!!

Oh Shep will be whumped soon on Rising pt 2 which is on Sky 2 right now!!!!
                hahaha it is perfect!!

yep im watching that ep too!! hehehe and i wanna watch 38 minutes later on my dvd since im in the mood for it now after talking about it hehe!!

YAY shep whump coming!!!!

Comment

Hehehe I know i'm watching as we speak *vbg* I always wondered in that ep why Shep wasn't unconscious for very long.. I mean later on when McKay got hit and Shep they were all hooked up to machines and what not, but when Shep gets hit by the Wraith stunner in rising it's not really acknowledged as much. I wonder why that is?

Comment

ahhh rising shep whump yummm!! and the angst of killing sumner!!! ooh so good!!

Comment

Hehehe I know i'm watching as we speak *vbg* I always wondered in that ep why Shep wasn't unconscious for very long.. I mean later on when McKay got hit and Shep they were all hooked up to machines and what not, but when Shep gets hit by the Wraith stunner in rising it's not really acknowledged as much. I wonder why that is?
                      well atlantis has never really been known for its continuity has it?

just like the life signs detector can distinguish between wraith and humans in rising and in later eps it suddenly cant.

and the whole irresponsible thing....GAH!!

just yeh ignore it hehe.....oooh and now i wanna watch the scene in suspicion where he gets stunned and is rushed away to the infirmary...oooh i think a mini atlantis marathon is coming for me tonight hehehe

Comment

OMG I was just on MSN saying the exact same thing to Linzi!!!!

Oh I have just thought
                        Spoiler:
                        there is a lot we dont know about Wraith - maybe they have unstunner guns too

Comment

Oh I have just thought
                          Spoiler:
                          there is a lot we dont know about Wraith - maybe they can unstunner guns too
                          I think that just means that i've spent far too much time chatting today, lol. My spooky side is coming out, lol.

Comment

Oh I have just thought
                            Spoiler:
                            there is a lot we dont know about Wraith - maybe they have unstunner guns too
                            Seriously, they could have, you know. I think they should all be destroyed immediately!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

well atlantis has never really been known for its continuity has it?

just like the life signs detector can distinguish between wraith and humans in rising and in later eps it suddenly cant.

and the whole irresponsible thing....GAH!!

just yeh ignore it hehe.....oooh and now i wanna watch the scene in suspicion where he gets stunned and is rushed away to the infirmary...oooh i think a mini atlantis marathon is coming for me tonight hehehe
                              I didn't know that, note to self: learn to watch and listen to technobabble rather than just whumpage .

I know exactly what you mean, that ep makes my blood boil, and I lose the fallatus to speak properly, lol. AND,

Spoiler for irresponsible

Spoiler:
                              We didn't even get proper Shep whumpage when the house blew up. There was a perfect opportunity and nada, zilch, zip..
                              Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 27 December 2006, 12:57 PM. Reason: Because I put quotes instead of Spoiler tags...silly Scully

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                Seriously, they could have, you know. I think they should all be destroyed immediately!!!
                                Yes this is a serious threat to the whumpers!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X