John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

WOW! Just WOW!! Thanks so so much!!! You deserve a copy of 38 MINUTES for that!!

Makes you just want to curl up next to him and hold him, doesn't it?
      sigpic
      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
        WOW! Just WOW!! Thanks so so much!!! You deserve a copy of 38 MINUTES for that!!

Makes you just want to curl up next to him and hold him, doesn't it?
        Doesn't it just...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I adore the *Bob whumped Shep pics* And what's so amazing <Beyond how beautiful Shep is> Is how much he conveys. The emotion. I know EXACTLY what Shep is feeling in each caption. Now THAT is acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
            I adore the *Bob whumped Shep pics* And what's so amazing <Beyond how beautiful Shep is> Is how much he conveys. The emotion. I know EXACTLY what Shep is feeling in each caption. Now THAT is acting.
            I think that's one reason I have the favourite actors I do, because I like to see the emotion as well as hear it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              I think that's one reason I have the favourite actors I do, because I like to see the emotion as well as hear it...
              That's me too. I enjoy the pretty...but I want talent with my pretty and I want to FEEL what the actor feels, and not because it's spelled out to me with long bits of dialogue. Some of my fave actors are those that say little/have no dialogue but convey so much. Joe does that in every ep, every scene he's in.

He uses body language, his voice, his eyes, his expressions, all of it. And when they hold a reaction shot on him, he says so much without a word. I'd read/heard a long time ago how Amanda Tapping was considered the QUEEN of reaction shots. Maybe so. But JOE? He's got her beat by a mile. Not one can touch him. LOL

And to stay on the WHUMP Topic. It's icing on the cake that he WHUMPS so freaking well. He makes it look REAL and he looks good doing it. LOL

Comment

That's me too. I enjoy the pretty...but I want talent with my pretty and I want to FEEL what the actor feels, and not because it's spelled out to me with long bits of dialogue. Some of my fave actors are those that say little/have no dialogue but convey so much. Joe does that in every ep, every scene he's in.

He uses body language, his voice, his eyes, his expressions, all of it. And when they hold a reaction shot on him, he says so much without a word. I'd read/heard a long time ago how Amanda Tapping was considered the QUEEN of reaction shots. Maybe so. But JOE? He's got her beat by a mile. Not one can touch him. LOL

And to stay on the WHUMP Topic. It's icing on the cake that he WHUMPS so freaking well. He makes it look REAL and he looks good doing it. LOL
                You just spelt out one of the reasons why I think Tom Hanks is an amazing actor. Cast Away has got to be the best example ever. No other actor could have done that film and kept someone interested in watching solely him for 2 hours. (Joe aside obviously...imagine Joe talking to a volleyball though??? Didn't think so!)

I don't rate a lot of these younger actors my mates drool over. They have little in substance to me. Give me talent over looks any day.

Joe is obviously blessed in both departments...

Comment

yes! and yes!! as an emotion junkie, i LOVE being able to feel what the characters are feeling, and what's on the actor's face and in their eyes is what really sells it! it's why i prefer watching good tv and movies to reading books... i have to really see the emotion to feel it and you're SO right! joe is fabulous at conveying emotions, both buried and otherwise... you can watch an entire ep just staring at his eyes the whole time and get all the emotion of the episode! i know of other actors who can do that, but not many (not that actors that don't are bad of course!! )

and the emotions he shows best are whumped emotions!

(and you're welcome for the screencaps feel free to steal them )

Comment

You just spelt out one of the reasons why I think Tom Hanks is an amazing actor. Cast Away has got to be the best example ever. No other actor could have done that film and kept someone interested in watching solely him for 2 hours. (Joe aside obviously...imagine Joe talking to a volleyball though??? Didn't think so!)

I don't rate a lot of these younger actors my mates drool over. They have little in substance to me. Give me talent over looks any day.

Joe is obviously blessed in both departments...
                    Word..Joe is blessed and we are blessed with him. LOL
                    I haven't seen that Hanks movie. But Tom Hanks is fab.

There's alot of young/HOT talent <supposed> Talent I just shake my head at.

Comment

Word..Joe is blessed and we are blessed with him. LOL
                      I haven't seen that Hanks movie. But Tom Hanks is fab.
                      i haven't seen that either... nor have i seen much with him in it, but i agree... he's a great actor

There's alot of young/HOT talent <supposed> Talent I just shake my head at.
                      no kiddin! occasionally there's someone that unfortunately gets sucked into that "hot talent" catagory who is really a great actor, but usually, "young/fresh/hot talent" to me means BLECH.... or just MEH...

the actors of stargate, on the other hand.... amazing

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                        <snipped>
                        no kiddin! occasionally there's someone that unfortunately gets sucked into that "hot talent" catagory who is really a great actor, but usually, "young/fresh/hot talent" to me means BLECH.... or just MEH...
                        </snipped>
                        When I was at school and college it was Leo DiCaprio...a golem would seem less robotic...

Comment

When I was at school and college it was Leo DiCaprio...a golem would seem less robotic...

I loved Leo in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE. Anything else? I don't get the hype.

JOE? Fabulous. Just fab. And NOT just as Shep either.

Comment

hehe... i went to go get a cap of the hip thing... ended up getting like 30 caps of the bob attacking shep scenes

umm... some highlights
                            Wow, love the caps!! I'd give you some green but it seems I'm fresh out

Comment

I loved Leo in WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE. Anything else? I don't get the hype.

JOE? Fabulous. Just fab. And NOT just as Shep either.

I agree. I saw Leo first in WEGG and was incredibly impressed. Later of course he did R+J and Titanic and everyone was raving after that but his performances in those, especially Titanic, didn't impress me in the least. Though to be fair WEGG was a better film. Also WEGG wasn't about him being a 'pretty boy' whereas the others were.

As for Joe, in everything I've seen him in, his performance has been memorable even when the rest of the show/film wasn't.
                              ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                              FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

hehe... i went to go get a cap of the hip thing... ended up getting like 30 caps of the bob attacking shep scenes

umm... some highlights
                                Thanks for the pics!

One thing about that scene that hit me wrong though, was that Teyla put her hand on Shep's chest after he was almost taken by the Wraith. I don't know about you guys, but if I were in Shep's position, I would be like: Don't touch me THERE!! It would just make me cringe after the knock on death's door. -----Hey! That makes me think of a quote I saw on a GWF member's sig:

"Don't knock at Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that!"

I loved that when I saw it. Wonder what it's from? Or if they made it up...
                                Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Working...
                                X