John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emily_reich
    ok, no spoilers!! *plugs ears* la, la, la, la, la!!

ok, so maybe shep isn't INVULNERABLE... but i really think that bob's line was foreshadowing... that's one thing atlantis tends to do really well... actually pur in lines and tidbits as foreshadowing of what will come later.... and they focused too much on that moment, i think, for it not to have been one of those times... and shep's short flinch response before he went back to angry shep and kept shooting...

one thing i really liked about that scene was that we finally got to REALLY see the weight of everything build up to the point where he actually gets pushed over the edge! he wasn't doing anything to bob until he went after teyla.... but as soon as bob starting hurting one of his friends (and probably adding in the fact that bob had just tried to eat him), he yells "open the door" and starts shooting... honestly i've been saying for a long while that he was just headed for either totally being pushed over the edge by just the smallest thing or a breakdown of some kind... and i think this was just the first time that we'll see him go that far before he realizes that he's doing it... he was snappy in LFP (some of the time anyway) and a bit snappy at bates in the last few episodes... and then all that led up to the bob attack...

sooooooo.... who else thinks he's gonna go over the edge again sometime in the beginning of next season??
    It's totally been set up for him to go over the edge. So much has been SET UP! Now..whether or not TPTB will DO something with it, remains to be seen. I'm crossing my fingers we get to SEE it happen. ALong with getting a couple of eps for SHEP like Weir and Teyla got.

Comment

Gosh! A lot of interesting ideas here. I just automatically assumed he'd be beamed off the PJ at the last minute and saved and that was it.

It'll be so much more gripping if he's captured by the Wraith, beaten up etc.

Entertaining for us to watch - not much fun for Shep

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
        Except that in The Defiant One, the Wraith told Shep he had consumed Ancients and Sheppard even pretended to be an Ancient and the Wraith still threatened to consume him. I think they destroyed the Ancients rather than taking the time to capture them for eating purposes because the Ancients were an obstacle to them culling the humans and they just wanted them gone so they could do what they wanted in the Pegasus Galaxy without any serious opposition.
        ah.... i've only seen that ep once... is it possible he just a really STUPID wraith?? maybe the ancients mess with their heads when they eat 'em ok, maybe not....

i don't remember shep pretending to be an ancient though...

Gosh! A lot of interesting ideas here. I just automatically assumed he'd be beamed off the PJ at the last minute and saved and that was it.

It'll be so much more gripping if he's captured by the Wraith, beaten up etc.

Entertaining for us to watch - not much fun for Shep
        lol.... ya know, i didn't even think of that until you just mentioned it (being beamed away that is) my whumping speculation cap has just never come off since the season began, methinks

and yes, it'd be SOOOO much more entertaining (and less of a cop out at that) if he gets captured, and even better is tortured... but yah, not so much fun for shep

Comment

lol.... ya know, i didn't even think of that until you just mentioned it (being beamed away that is) my whumping speculation cap has just never come off since the season began, methinks

I know what you mean! I wondered as each episode began whether there's gonna be a bit of whumping. I hope we're not deranged or something! Poor guy

Comment

lol! poor guy indeed and the more we get to say that, the more we love it (and him )...

ya know, siege 3 had better not disappoint in the whumpage department! after all this set-up and that evil cliffhanger... if they just have the daedalus miraculously show up, it'll be SUCH a cop-out!!

Comment

lol! poor guy indeed and the more we get to say that, the more we love it (and him )...

ya know, siege 3 had better not disappoint in the whumpage department! after all this set-up and that evil cliffhanger... if they just have the daedalus miraculously show up, it'll be SUCH a cop-out!!

Agreed! If the Dedaelus just shows up and saves the day--no fun!! That is just too easy of an out.
              Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

But is it really?
                Well, how else are they going to do it?
                They have already done everything that is humanly possible... unless you're expecting Shep to suddenly sprout wings as a result of his ATA... now that would be a cop out... There isn't anything wrong with outside intervention especially if they've already indicated that help is on the way.

They're in a tight spot as is... it WOULD take a miracle of biblical proportions to get out of this one... in fact anything they do themselves would be more of an impossibility than getting help.
                Last edited by Easter Lily; 03 April 2005, 01:43 PM.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  But is it really?
                  They have already done everything that is humanly possible... unless you're expecting Shep to suddenly sprout wings as a result of his ATA... now that would be a cop out... There isn't anything wrong with outside intervention especially if they've already indicated that help is on the way.

They're in a tight spot as is... it WOULD take a miracle of biblical proportions to get out of this one... in fact anything they do themselves would be more of an impossibility than getting help.
                  Yes, but I just don't want the Dedaelus to be the only thing that saves the day. I'd rather it be a combination of things(the Dedaelus included) that lead up to the defeat of the Wraith's attack on Atlantis. I think that would be more interesting.
                  Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

yeah, exactly... i don't mind if the daedalus shows up, but i don't want the teaser of the siege 3 to be "oh no! how are we gonna get out of this?? oh, look!! there's the fancy daedalus ship!" yeah... please... no... can you SAY cheesy cop out??

but if it shows up about 10 or 15 minutes in and combined efforts with, say, shep in the PJ and maybe some unknown help from teyla and ford on the wraith ship... and then of course the folks in the city itself... THAT would be nifty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      But is it really?

I don't mind the Dedaelus saving the day, but it'll be cheesy at the beginning of the ep! Let Shep somehow be beamed up on the other hive ship, suffer some whumping at the hands of the Wraith, THEN rescued by the Dedaelus. We know Teyla's been taken so Shep has to come across her somewhere - she can't be on a blown ship - and Shep certainly can't be blown up either. I also don't want Earth to save the day. Everett was such an ass and I want the Atlanteans to save their own butts. So reward us loyal fans with some Shep whumping, and save the Dedaelus for the end of the ep!

Hey, has anyone seen Merlin? I haven't heard from her since Thursday
                      sigpic
                      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

exactly!! i agree it's obvious that without help from earth, the atlanteans wouldn't be able to win (if they did, it'd be a whole diff kind of cheese) and therefore i do want help from earth to help them achieve their victory.... BUT i don't think one little ship from earth should come and just save the day... that's, frankly, a bit lame

'sides, like salty said, we need our shep whumping!! and i think it's obvious the ship won't be blown at the beginning of the ep since presumably teyla and ford are there and shep is on his way and none of them can die... so that means something will either change or go wrong in shep's mission and the daedalus can't just come and blow the ship either

Comment

I doubt the Daedalus will just come and save Shep early in the ep, because we already know it's going to arrive.. Maybe if they'd told us nothing and *poof* this new ship shows up.. I can see them doing that. We demand Shep whumping first!

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                            We demand Shep whumping first!
                            Indeed! Whump. whump!!!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I guess I'm less inclined toward seeing Shep in pain than the rest of you... but even so, I can't see how else it can pan out... Shep is heading for a kamikaze collision with one of the hive ships. He may land the pj on the ship but there is no other recourse except to jump ship and into space. Even here I don't see that he would take on a couple of Wraiths minutes before the Wraith ships blow to eternity. The only other option that I can see them taking is that he changes his mind, turns around and heads back to Atlantis. But I can't see Shep doing this unless something happens to make him believe that the threat below is greater than the threat above. We have already seen that he can be pretty determined once his mind is made up...

I don't have a problem with the Daedalus coming in early in the piece and intervening in some way... I'm sure Shep will have his whumping sessions sometime...
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

well i can foresee perhaps something going WRONG... like the nuke has a problem or something... or as we've guessed maybe a friend is on the ship...

just a side note... ang made a shep whump smilie feel free to steal it

Comment

Working...
                                X