John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocknashee
    I definitely think him shooting Bob is going to come back at to him at some point. It's like it can't not come back and bite him on the arse...

I sorta think though, we're gonna find out that maybe Shep can't be consumed by the Wraith...which is an interesting plot bunny of sorts...maybe that is why the war continued as it did, because the Ancients were in some way invulnerable to the Wraith, and the Wraith saw them as a threat that must be destroyed.
    Hmm... Interesting theory. I do think SOME kind of physical whump will befall Shep in Siege 3, but I'm not sure what. Getting beat around by the Wraith would be good. I wouldn't mind him getting shot either, but do the Wraith have any other type of weapon besides the Stunner? Curious...
    Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

I think so...but I wouldn't like to speculate as to how...

Deffo gonna be some emotional whumpage though.

All I'm gonna say is, should they ever ascend then descend Shep, he better come back naked like Daniel Jackson...

You had to go and say NAKED with JOE in mind,didn't you? Now I'm shot for the day! LOL

I really hope he is whumped and it gets to play out. No way he should just pop back up in Atlantis and be okay.

And I agree with whomever said that BOB thing is gonna come back around and get SHEP somehow. At least I hope it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        And I agree with whomever said that BOB thing is gonna come back around and get SHEP somehow. At least I hope it does.
        that would be moi

and i really like whoever had the theory that the wraith can't eat shep... it's a good point that the wraith in before i sleep that were attacking the ancients were DESTROYING their ships, not taking them for food... and we've seen a couple times wraith ALMOST getting to shep, and i think it'd be interesting to follow up on the bob thing with making the wraith not able to eat him... it's not just the ancient GENES though, as we've seen folks with ancient genes get eaten... but i like to think shep isn't JUST "another guy with ancient genes"... i hope not, cuz that would be a total waste of one of his most intriguing qualities and waste of the very reason they had him come to atlantis...

so methinks if he can't get eaten.... hmm.... LOTS of whump?? though that could certainly bring about some interesting emotional whump too!

me likes this idea!

Comment

You had to go and say NAKED with JOE in mind,didn't you? Now I'm shot for the day! LOL

I really hope he is whumped and it gets to play out. No way he should just pop back up in Atlantis and be okay.

This is me you're talking to Merlin...you should know only too well that I take advantage of any situation to make inuendo...

I agree, there has to be whumpage...the Wraith have to get hold of him someway to make it believable...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
            and i really like whoever had the theory that the wraith can't eat shep... it's a good point that the wraith in before i sleep that were attacking the ancients were DESTROYING their ships, not taking them for food... and we've seen a couple times wraith ALMOST getting to shep, and i think it'd be interesting to follow up on the bob thing with making the wraith not able to eat him... it's not just the ancient GENES though, as we've seen folks with ancient genes get eaten... but i like to think shep isn't JUST "another guy with ancient genes"... i hope not, cuz that would be a total waste of one of his most intriguing qualities and waste of the very reason they had him come to atlantis...

so methinks if he can't get eaten.... hmm.... LOTS of whump?? though that could certainly bring about some interesting emotional whump too!

me likes this idea!
            That would be my theory...and I based it on most of the points you raised. The Wraith seemed to have no interest in taking the people on the Ancient ships, only in destruction, which I find strange for a race that feed on the lifeforce of humanoid life...

It would be interesting to see the twist as to why the Ancients couldn't be consumed...and I also hope it doesn't come down to the ATA gene if it is the case...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

yeah.... it makes no sense now that i really think about it to destroy thousands of possible midnight snacks with one blow... sure, they'd be facing resistance to get that food, but we're talking thousands of ancients that they could eat... so why just kill them?? we KNOW from LFP that they have the means to take thousands of people into their ships and such...

i definately don't think it can be ancient genes... those two scientists in defiant one had ancient genes, didn't they? i definately think it would be a great plot twist if a wraith slams his hand on shep's chest and then nothing happens.... or the wraith realizes he's part ancient (that's still my theory, yup )... or at least closer to the ancients than everyone else with the gene... and then the wraith would probably shoot him, methinks... try to kill him some other way... maybe take shep's own gun...

Comment

only to find out Sheppard can't be killed

Comment

This is me you're talking to Merlin...you should know only too well that I take advantage of any situation to make inuendo...

I agree, there has to be whumpage...the Wraith have to get hold of him someway to make it believable...

Inuendo is a GOOD thing! LOL

Much WHumpage. It only makes sense. I mean..he kills the WRAITH Queen. Captures and has interaction with Steve. HE's the only one really. Defiant Wraith. Shep and Wraith interaction. Bob and Shep. And he kills bob. But they ALL end up DEAD after interacting with SHEP and the show has it very SPECIFICALLY be SHEP they interact with. No one else. Not even really TEYLA other than her getting in their heads a bit. Then bob makes his threat. HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING! And it seemed like such a set up for SIEGE 3. He has to face the Wraith.

Comment

My hero *mocks*

Comment

Inuendo is a GOOD thing! LOL

Much WHumpage. It only makes sense. I mean..he kills the WRAITH Queen. Captures and has interaction with Steve. HE's the only one really. Defiant Wraith. Shep and Wraith interaction. Bob and Shep. And he kills bob. But they ALL end up DEAD after interacting with SHEP and the show has it very SPECIFICALLY be SHEP they interact with. No one else. Not even really TEYLA other than her getting in their heads a bit. Then bob makes his threat. HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING! And it seemed like such a set up for SIEGE 3. He has to face the Wraith.
                      wow! i didn't even think about that for some reason... yeah... all these wraith have been after shep specifically for some reason... they all SAY they're gonna eat him, but none of them manage and they're all dead... he killed two of them himself...

they others have fought and killed wraith but i think shep is really the only one that's had that kind of personal attacks against him and that type of one-on-one interaction.... i mean, you saw the anger and pain in shep's eyes at the end of the siege... killing bob was PERSONAL... and i think that's an extra whumpable dimension that really needs to be touched on...

Comment

Speaking of innuendos and being done for the day....

I can't get past "eating" and "Shep" ! Pant pant!! BWAH!!!!

Oh, and I also vote for the personal vendetta against Shep! The comment Bob made about the wraith knowing what Shep has done.....foreshadowing! Has to be!!! Which is why they beam him on the ship and whump him good before he is saved by (fill in the blank) and returned to Atlantis.
                        sigpic
                        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                          Speaking of innuendos and being done for the day....

I can't get past "eating" and "Shep" ! Pant pant!! BWAH!!!!

Oh, and I also vote for the personal vendetta against Shep! The comment Bob made about the wraith knowing what Shep has done.....foreshadowing! Has to be!!! Which is why they beam him on the ship and whump him good before he is saved by (fill in the blank) and returned to Atlantis.

Shep and eating is a GOOD thing.
                          Yeah...the Wraith stuff and what Bob said is such foreshadowing. And that Shep is always the one in ONE ON ONE confrontations with the Wraith. So I'm hoping for some good WHUMP! Up to par with 38 minutes.

I really want the Wraith to go up against Shep and NOT be able to defeat him. Given spoilers for season 2 I doubt Shep is invulnerable to being eaten, but I want to see him have some connection to them.

Oh..Salty..didja get BETWEEN THE DARK AND THE LIGHT? LOL

Comment

Shep and eating is a GOOD thing.
                            Yeah...the Wraith stuff and what Bob said is such foreshadowing. And that Shep is always the one in ONE ON ONE confrontations with the Wraith. So I'm hoping for some good WHUMP! Up to par with 38 minutes.

I really want the Wraith to go up against Shep and NOT be able to defeat him. Given spoilers for season 2 I doubt Shep is invulnerable to being eaten, but I want to see him have some connection to them.

Oh..Salty..didja get BETWEEN THE DARK AND THE LIGHT? LOL

What spoilers????? Are you holding out on me? Is there something you know that I don't???

Got it Merlin - check your email
                            sigpic
                            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

ok, no spoilers!! *plugs ears* la, la, la, la, la!!

ok, so maybe shep isn't INVULNERABLE... but i really think that bob's line was foreshadowing... that's one thing atlantis tends to do really well... actually pur in lines and tidbits as foreshadowing of what will come later.... and they focused too much on that moment, i think, for it not to have been one of those times... and shep's short flinch response before he went back to angry shep and kept shooting...

one thing i really liked about that scene was that we finally got to REALLY see the weight of everything build up to the point where he actually gets pushed over the edge! he wasn't doing anything to bob until he went after teyla.... but as soon as bob starting hurting one of his friends (and probably adding in the fact that bob had just tried to eat him), he yells "open the door" and starts shooting... honestly i've been saying for a long while that he was just headed for either totally being pushed over the edge by just the smallest thing or a breakdown of some kind... and i think this was just the first time that we'll see him go that far before he realizes that he's doing it... he was snappy in LFP (some of the time anyway) and a bit snappy at bates in the last few episodes... and then all that led up to the bob attack...

sooooooo.... who else thinks he's gonna go over the edge again sometime in the beginning of next season??

Comment

and i really like whoever had the theory that the wraith can't eat shep... it's a good point that the wraith in before i sleep that were attacking the ancients were DESTROYING their ships, not taking them for food...
                                Except that in The Defiant One, the Wraith told Shep he had consumed Ancients and Sheppard even pretended to be an Ancient and the Wraith still threatened to consume him. I think they destroyed the Ancients rather than taking the time to capture them for eating purposes because the Ancients were an obstacle to them culling the humans and they just wanted them gone so they could do what they wanted in the Pegasus Galaxy without any serious opposition.
                                ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                                FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Working...
                                X