John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Yeah I keep spreading myself a bit too thin on the old fic front these days... I keep starting new projects! So many ideas, so little time! I've now got two unfinished tag fics and two not even started. Two unfinished challenge fics (and a new challenge that I need to write for) AND three other WIPs!! Ooops!

Oh adn that's not counting my two sadly neglected House WIPs...

Hey Angelwings, have you checked out the Sheppard HC community (link in my sig below)? A good place for Shep whumpy fic and we post regular fic challenges to inspire whumpy writing!
    yeah i did check it out ages ago but after i read the utterly amazing 'autumn in the tree of dispair' by kodica, koidca, no, the nice lady with the 'artic romp' lj, (lol i so can't spell anything!) i just couldn't post anything there, i be ashamed to. beside i haven't got an lj... note to self you need one of those!
    my fan fics (sga) : http://www.fanfiction.net/u/653206/

Comment

Originally posted by angelwings9
      yeah i did check it out ages ago but after i read the utterly amazing 'autumn in the tree of dispair' by kodica, koidca, no, the nice lady with the 'artic romp' lj, (lol i so can't spell anything!) i just couldn't post anything there, i be ashamed to. beside i haven't got an lj... note to self you need one of those!
      Oh yeah Kodiak's fic was beyond awesome... but you shouldn't feel hesitant about posting your fic. We all have our different styles and strengths and whilst I may love and envy someone else's fic, that shouldn't stop me from writing and posting my own. The more whumpy writers, the better!

If you want help setting up an LJ just send me a PM/email (email probably better as my PM box is near critical mass! ). I found LJ quite confusing at first but I'm getting the hang of it now...
      sigpic

Comment

Well just came by to say hi... not feeling to good and haven't slept well in two days so I'll be hitting the bed dreaming of Shep...

Cool that Joe got told by BamBam how much we loved him in the epi and that he answered back....

Hoping to see more great episodes with some really great Shep moments...

Common Ground pulled in 1.6 in the ratings...

Well see ya all tomorrow..it's my day off and hopefully I'll feel a little better...night all..
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Oh yeah Kodiak's fic was beyond awesome... but you shouldn't feel hesitant about posting your fic. We all have our different styles and strengths and whilst I may love and envy someone else's fic, that shouldn't stop me from writing and posting my own. The more whumpy writers, the better!

If you want help setting up an LJ just send me a PM/email (email probably better as my PM box is near critical mass! ). I found LJ quite confusing at first but I'm getting the hang of it now...
          yeah, i guess thats true, i think i'm a reasonable whumper but i am painfully aware that my gramma sucks! i tried beta's but i just get more confused. i will admit to some serious fic envy, the people i have as 'favorites' on fanfic.net are all so wonderful (you're in there btw) i am a bit green- in more ways than one.
          if your sure you don't mind helping me out with an lj, i would be very grateful- but arn't you dead busy already?

Comment

angelwings, that's me, and now I feel sheepish! Ali said it best, write and post, please! She's got it completely pegged that we all have our own styles and there are aspects of author's that I flock to their stuff to get.

Everyone has something to offer to fandom and the folks here and at the Sheppard H/C are so supportive. (so, you know, what are you waiting for...) *poke poke*

And we can't forget the reason why we are all writing...

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM
              Well just came by to say hi... not feeling to good and haven't slept well in two days so I'll be hitting the bed dreaming of Shep...

Cool that Joe got told by BamBam how much we loved him in the epi and that he answered back....

Hoping to see more great episodes with some really great Shep moments...

Common Ground pulled in 1.6 in the ratings...

Well see ya all tomorrow..it's my day off and hopefully I'll feel a little better...night all..
              bye Nina! Goodnight and good Sheppy dreams!
              sigpic

Comment

yeah, i guess thats true, i think i'm a reasonable whumper but i am painfully aware that my gramma sucks! i tried beta's but i just get more confused. i will admit to some serious fic envy, the people i have as 'favorites' on fanfic.net are all so wonderful (you're in there btw) i am a bit green- in more ways than one.
                if your sure you don't mind helping me out with an lj, i would be very grateful- but arn't you dead busy already?
                I don't mind helping at all hon.. only probs is I am away for the next few days... but I'm sure Kodiak (IWTB on here) would help you too if you asked, she is au fait with LJ. It's easy to set up an account... the bit I found hard is working out how to post on there and how to do stuff like cuts etc...

I'd be happy to help beta your fics too, as I am a grammar fiend, but the prob is I can't guarantee to get them back super quick as I tend to get a bit swamped from time to time - as Josie well knows!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                  And we can't forget the reason why we are all writing...

Spoiler:
                  *guh* *dies*

I'll see your defiant Sheppy and raise you a whumped Sheppy:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

that is a damn good reminder! lol

Comment

I'm a domestic goddess (ie, I have my own hours) and I am a big stickler for spelling and grammar.....I wouldn't mind doing beta once in a while for somebody if they need it. I've never done it before but I'm sure I could.

Y'all let me know if I can help.

Thanks to Lauriel for the sig.

Comment

*drools* Oh yes, I was torn between that one and the one I put up LOL! Sooooo amazing!

I can definitely help with LJ, but I know my limits, and as much as I love to help, I can't take on any more beta work. I'm still waiting for erika to come at me with sticks for not working on the fic she sent me like two weeks ago *embarrassed*.

But I'm not good at grammar either, eeek.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't mind helping at all hon.. only probs is I am away for the next few days... but I'm sure Kodiak (IWTB on here) would help you too if you asked, she is au fait with LJ. It's easy to set up an account... the bit I found hard is working out how to post on there and how to do stuff like cuts etc...

I'd be happy to help beta your fics too, as I am a grammar fiend, but the prob is I can't guarantee to get them back super quick as I tend to get a bit swamped from time to time - as Josie well knows!
                          any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you. i don't think i'll bother IWTB for a while, her lj said she was v. busy with her hubby right now, (hum hope its all okay..). i have noticed you pull me up on grammar before - thats a good thing- when you've reviewed, so yeah any help with future one would be very good. i think i'm going to plod along with the current posted ones- there already there and i have angry ppl asking for updates (not really sure why cause i have got a clue where i'm going with any of em! lol) but like you said you get all these ideas and you have to write them down- i got bucket fulls on hard drive but they are there for a reason!
                          (wow big post)
                          great pic btw i knew there way a GOOD reason we do this to ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl
                            I'm a domestic goddess (ie, I have my own hours) and I am a big stickler for spelling and grammar.....I wouldn't mind doing beta once in a while for somebody if they need it. I've never done it before but I'm sure I could.

Y'all let me know if I can help.
                            thanks i may well call on you! cause i'm mean like that! domestic godesss- does that mean you actually know how to iron and wash up and all that 'mum' stuff! (my dear old mum still washes my clothes!!!)

Comment

any help would be greatly apreciated, thank you. i don't think i'll bother IWTB for a while, her lj said she was v. busy with her hubby right now, (hum hope its all okay..). i have noticed you pull me up on grammar before - thats a good thing- when you've reviewed, so yeah any help with future one would be very good. i think i'm going to plod along with the current posted ones- there already there and i have angry ppl asking for updates (not really sure why cause i have got a clue where i'm going with any of em! lol) but like you said you get all these ideas and you have to write them down- i got bucket fulls on hard drive but they are there for a reason!
                              (wow big post)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...9/sheppard.jpg
                              If you've got an LJ specific question feel free to drop it in whatever recent post is on my LJ. Sometimes I'm slow to respond to things like 'thanks' but if anyone's got a specific question I try to get back to them as soon as I see it. Lovely pic, btw!
                              sigpic

Comment

(wow big post)

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...9/sheppard.jpg
                                Heh. Yup, I do tend to point out grammar issues in my reviews on ffnet... I am something of a grammar fiend and I just notice these things.... and I figure if a review is gonna be constructive then it can only be helpful to point out things that can be easily fixed. You'd be surprised how many people take offence though when you try to give constructive advice... an awful lot of people on GW don't really want concrit, they just want "OMG yor so gr8t" reviews. I always try to find something positive to say in a review (unless it really is truly bad or offensive) but I also think a review should not be afriad to point out mistakes or areas for improvement.

Hee. Sounds like you haev the same writing style as me - start with a cool random idea and then make it up as you go along! I have NO idea where most of my fics are gonna end up!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X