John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Set up a Photobucket account - it's free and it's what most people on here use for hosting and posting pics.
    ah right thanks- i'll go do that
    my fan fics (sga) : http://www.fanfiction.net/u/653206/

Comment

Originally posted by angelwings9
      ah right thanks- i'll go do that
      okey dokey here you go happy birthday (totally stole image from someone else- hope they don't mind)

[/IMG]

try that again!

*does a happy little dance*

Comment

okey dokey here you go happy birthday (totally stole image from someone else- hope they don't mind)

[/IMG]
        Are you struggling hon?

You need to load the photos you want from your hard drive onto your PB account and then copy the img tag from underneath the pics (the third one down under the pic) and paste that text into here in full. That should work.

Oh and don't move the photos around in PB (into different folders etc) once you've posted them here or you'll be left with a broken link in here that won't work...

Edit: Yayyyy! Success!
        sigpic

Comment

SQUEE!!!

Halcyon just arrived in my mailbox. I'm off to read it. Be back in awhile.....
          sigpic

Comment

Are you struggling hon?

You need to load the photos you want from your hard drive onto your PB account and then copy the img tag from underneath the pics (the third one down under the pic) and paste that text into here in full. That should work.

Oh and don't move the photos around in PB (into different folders etc) once you've posted them here or you'll be left with a broken link in here that won't work...

Edit: Yayyyy! Success!
            technology so isn't my thing! you know i used to avoid the net cause its all so scary- but i'm learning, now all i need is a lj then i think i'll be set to be a total fangirl geek! yay me!!!
            btw people don't mind that i steal pics do they? normally their for my own private drooling but everyone else seams to be sharing them so i though what the heck. (tries to avoid peoples toes)

Comment

technology so isn't my thing! you know i used to avoid the net cause its all so scary- but i'm learning, now all i need is a lj then i think i'll be set to be a total fangirl geek! yay me!!!
              btw people don't mind that i steal pics do they? normally their for my own private drooling but everyone else seams to be sharing them so i though what the heck. (tries to avoid peoples toes)
              Most people don't mind if you snurch pics for private drooling purposes or to post them. A lot of the pictures you see us all post are snurched from else where. Some of my pics, the ones I've capped or photoshopped myself, may have my name on them but that doesn't mean you can't pinch them.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                Most people don't mind if you snurch pics for private drooling purposes or to post them. A lot of the pictures you see us all post are snurched from else where. Some of my pics, the ones I've capped or photoshopped myself, may have my name on them but that doesn't mean you can't pinch them.
                Anything I post is snurchable - a lot of mine (aside from caps of recent eps etc) are snurched from other people anyway!
                sigpic

Comment

thats good to know. btw whats green? did i miss something?

Comment

thats good to know. btw whats green? did i miss something?
                    Green is the reputation function on GW - see how on the top right of all your posts you have a green cube (locally referred to as a green jello cube! )? This shows your reputation on GW - basically, you can give green (if you like their post) or red reputation marks (if you don't) to posters on GW. You do this by clicking on the scales icon at the top right of the post you want to give reputation for and it takes you to a screen where you can choose if you wanbt to "green" or "red" the person and can leave a comment with it.

To see your total amount of reputation - and who gave you rep points and their comments, click on My Controls near the top right of the GW window.

Oh and you can't just keep greeing the same people over and over either - the system forces you to spread green around before you can green the same person again!

Does that explain everything?
                    sigpic

Comment

ah i see- like when you rate people on ebay. hope you don't mind me asking you questions, but you seam v.nice...
                      so is it true that sometimes cast and crew are on here? i noticed some guy called bambam being mentioned, do writers ect post too? seams like a lot of effort being made to keep us crazies happy (not that i mind that! )

Comment

ah i see- like when you rate people on ebay. hope you don't mind me asking you questions, but you seam v.nice...
                        so is it true that sometimes cast and crew are on here? i noticed some guy called bambam being mentioned, do writers ect post too? seams like a lot of effort being made to keep us crazies happy (not that i mind that! )
                        Hey we're a happy gang and always happy to help out newbies and oldies alike! I mean, Linzi's been on here for aaaaages and only just the other week realised there was an automatic spoiler tag function on GW!

Cast and crew do pop in now and then. In one of the fourms there is a thread listing usernames that have been verified (i.e. actually checked with the studio and the cast/crew member themselves) as being actual cast or crew from the show. Torri Higginson (Weir) has popped in a few times and BamBam (James Bamford - the stunt coordinator) has his own "Ask BamBam" thread in the General Discussion forum and he pops in there most days and answers questions, gives us teasing hints about upcoming eps and is generally a lovely, chatty, fun guy. He texted Joe for us yesterday to tell him how much we all loved CG and let us know Joe's reply ("Sweeeet. Thanx!") How cool is that?!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Regarding green, and I'm sure someone here will be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have like 50 posts before you can green someone?

Comment

*dies ang goes to fangirl heaven*
                            that is so unbelievibly (sp?) fantastic! i can just see him texting that- proably while on a park bench watching the lads! (actually, if i were him i be pretty freaked out about us fans- especially the odd mad shipper out there *aw they do make me smile tho*)

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                              Regarding green, and I'm sure someone here will be able to correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have like 50 posts before you can green someone?
                              You can green or red someone as soon as you join but until you have about 50 posts (not sure of exact number, think it probably is 50 tho) your rep doesn't actually add anything to their reputation total... it shows up as grey rather than red or green.
                              sigpic

Comment

You can green or red someone as soon as you join but until you have about 50 posts (not sure of exact number, think it probably is 50 tho) your rep doesn't actually add anything to their reputation total... it shows up as grey rather than red or green.

Thanks Ali, I knew it was something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X