Clear All

Great sig Lauriel!!!

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by H Louise View Post
      Great fic Grace!
      Thanks!

I'll be posting the entries in about an hour. I have entries from Taris, Pocus, Libero, Lady, Lauriel, Mane, and SGAFan. I don't want to forget anyone, so send it if you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
        Thanks!

I'll be posting the entries in about an hour. I have entries from Taris, Pocus, Libero, Lady, Lauriel, Mane, and SGAFan. I don't want to forget anyone, so send it if you haven't.
        Did you receive my PM?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
          Did you receive my PM?
          No I didn't. Send it again.

Comment

Originally posted by grace View Post
            no i didn't. send it again.
            ok!
            sigpic

Comment

Great challenge fics and art, everyone!
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by H Louise View Post
                Making my way through them - get work SGAfan!
                get? Get to work? I am, really!! Lots of projects on my plate! I'm working!!

(I know what you meant, thanks. Just some good natured teasing. hehehe)
                sigpic
                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                  get? Get to work? I am, really!! Lots of projects on my plate! I'm working!!

(I know what you meant, thanks. Just some good natured teasing. hehehe)
                  Oh, lol. I was reading it and couldn't work out what I said for a while. lol.
                  I did mean great instead of get. haha.

Gotta warn you all though - my typing could get progressively worse esp in the throes of a sugar rush! mwhaha
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Whump Challenge #12 Entries
                    Great job everyone!!

Taris
                    Spoiler:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12712782
                    Challenge fic –excerpt for Whump Challenge #12
                    It hurt to breath and he knew he wasn’t taking in enough oxygen to live much longer. It had always been just a matter of time and one more visit from his captors would have finished him off anyway. The regular cup of water and bowl of watery gruel sat against the wall the same as he always found when he was returned or came to in his cell. This time he didn’t have the strength to drag himself over to it. He didn’t care if he was hungry or thirsty. He was in too much pain to feel such minor needs.
                    “At least the others aren’t here.” His friends had escaped. It was all he had to cling to now. He’d lost hope that he’d be found and rescued quite early on. His captors weren’t interested in answering any of his questions but they showed him and explained about their level of technology enough to let him know how hopeless it was. The one thing they could really use against him, the one thing that almost had him consider breaking was that once they were done with him, whether productive or not, they merely had to lay a trap for their next Lantean quarry and start the process again. John could not imagine Rodney or Teyla being put through this. Ronan was strong, he wouldn’t break but John would do anything to prevent it happening to him too. Anything but give the enemy what they wanted. It was breaking his heart but it was the right thing to do. It was the hardest thing to do.
                    These people were cold and methodical. They made the Genii look hospitable. They never acted out in anger or impatience at John’s lack of cooperation. The first interrogation started out as extreme and painful as did the others that followed. They only seemed to grow worse as pain and injury were piled on top of what previously had been done. They didn’t shirk at physical blows with fist or rod. Not to spare their technological advancement they would then throw in – well, he had no idea what the weapon looked like - but it sent shocks of electrified pain through every nerve in his body for as long as it was pressed against the base of his skull or anywhere along his spine. He’d instantly arch into rigid pained spasms, muscles locked, lungs unable to draw breath, and he was pretty sure his heart stopped beating. When released he would collapse into a boneless slump, nerves continuing to fire painfully, lungs hitching ineffectually, heart stuttering until grayness overtook him. Sometimes he awoke in the same position of either strapped to a metal chair or hung by his wrists chained over his head with toes barely touching the floor, other times he was laying on the floor of the cold empty cell where he’d been tossed. The fists and rods would soon start again interspersed with different degrees of voltage induced pain.
                    John had no concept of time. There were no windows, no sun or moon, the lighting never changed. There was no order to what particular people would drag him out of his cell, conduct the “questioning”, or how long it would last. He had no idea how long he was unconscious at any time and with enough probable head blow concussions he’d lost track of how often unconsciousness had occurred. Now, lying on the cold floor with his remaining strength being used to drag in shallow pained breaths, he stared at the wall, water cup and bowl watching them tilt and waver while black spots increased and edges grew grayer. His only thoughts were his team, home, Atlantis. He worried that they would remain safe and that he wouldn’t be there to protect them. He worried that one of them would be captured by these people. He worried that his dying here alone would be useless if it led to the same for one of them. He was dying and he was alone. He was alone and he was scared and if tears tracked down his cheeks he didn’t care. “Leave no one behind.” “Don’t leave your people in the hands of the enemy.” He lived by those beliefs. He would die for them. Dying alone here now was a failure of others to make it happen. “Stop it, John!” his train of thought paused as his heart stuttered erratically than resumed sluggishly. “They’re trying. You know they are. It’s the thought that counts, right, that’s what you’ve been telling yourself all this time.” His breath hitched a moment as another chest spasm interfered with his next inhale and the gray edges grew. “They’ll feel bad, though. I understand that now. They’ll feel it just like I would because we really are family. At least I’ve given them a chance to know what to watch for. Maybe they’ll find a way to protect themselves from these people. I hope. Please, God.” Long seconds passed before he realized his thoughts had stopped. He only felt now. Alone. Left alone. Loneliness that was cold and empty and deep. Even the enemy was letting him die alone. Suddenly it felt like the worst possible way to die even beyond the physical pain that engulfed him. His weakening breaths choked on the expanding heaviness of sorrow spreading from his heart. Finally the gray turned to blackness and the sorrow to nothing.

Pocus

Libero

Lady

Lauriel
                    Spoiler:

Maneth
                    Spoiler:

SGAFan
                    Spoiler:

Syfyfan
                    Spoiler:

Grace
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Good afternoon whumpers,

I'd love to check those challenges of yours, I bet they're great! who's writteng? I can see SGAFan is writting, also TLM...

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      Nice to meet you too Maneth!!! and welcome to the thread.
                      I can see there is a good bunch of new whumpers I have not met yet. Good!!!

Originally posted by angstydaydreams View Post
                      SA!!!! *bigsquishyhugs*
                      Welcome back sweetie! Glad to hear things are well with you! Can't believe your baby girl is 5 months old already!! Time passes quickly doesn't it?
                      Indeed!!! I can hardly believe how big my baby is now, and all the little new things she does all the time, is incredible, I'm very happy. Miss a little my free time, though...
                      you know, the time when I used to read Shep whump fics the whole day long!!! and being around on the thread at the same time...*sighs*

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                      SA!!!! Good to see you! I've been wondering how you were doing.

RL dilemma:
                      Spoiler:
                      soooo, it looks like hubby is about to be laid off, again. BUT.....he asked me if there was a CON I might want to attend! Hence the dilemma.......there are some I'd like to go to , but I'd have to fly there solo since he DOES NOT fly. OR, there's at least one he can drive to with me. What to do? Granted, this is a dilemma I'm liking. But still, there's that guilt thing since he won't be working. What to do?

Gotta run since I'm on library computer and I'm about out of time.

IHS
                      Hi you girl!!!!! it's nice to see you too.
                      if you want my advice
                      [SPOILERSOLD]Your Hubby loves you very much, so I say enjoy a solo trip this time. It won't kill anybody . There maybe just this opportunity now. C'mon, and you'll be back soon with a great experience to tell.[/SPOILERSOLD]

Comment

Hi SA! I'm Grace. I write too, occasionally...

Comment

Whump Challenge #13

From Taris:
                          How about a fic where John is in trouble, alone, and has lost one of his senses (temporarily).

Length: 1500-2000

PM entries to TheLadyMore
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments on my fic!!!

Great job on all the Challenge entries. I just love seeing them all collected in a post!!!

Have fun with this one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              From Taris:
                              How about a fic where John is in trouble, alone, and has lost one of his senses (temporarily).
                              Ooh! Good one! Looking forward to it!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              Thanks for all the compliments on my fic!!!

Great job on all the Challenge entries. I just love seeing them all collected in a post!!!

Have fun with this one.
                              Do you have any other open dates that need filling? I'd be will to collect again.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                                Ooh! Good one! Looking forward to it!

Do you have any other open dates that need filling? I'd be will to collect again.
                                I am looking forward to this one too.

I don't have anything available until Aug. 17th. Do you want that date?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X