John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Pocus, my rant was insensitive to people in your situation. My rant was directed towards those who treat their animals as their kids to the extent that they forget about their animal nature, which is unfair to the animal. I don't know you well enough to begin to guess if you do that or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._theeye_15.jpg
    Your rant was not insensitive. If you are not in the situation you may not think of the some of the reasons. ((Hugs)).

As for how I treat my boys, no they are still dogs. I don't dress them up. I do spoil them. Rem has his own blanket that he must be covered with at night time. Conner is my snuggle boy. They get toys at Christmas and special treats at other times. I don't forget their animal nature. Some people do. I think they are treating them more like baby dolls rather than children.
    Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
    I love you, Pocus.
    Spoiler:
    For reasons physical and age related I will probably never have any of my own. If my dream to adopt never comes true, it's nice to know I was mama to someone, even if they are furry, feathered, scaled, or otherwise. I give my love, my heart, my smiles and my tears to them. If that's not a mother I don't know what is.
    Love ya back Cheeky. Seems like we have the same dream.

Spoiler:
    Yes I am so glad that I can get my mothering out. My rambunctious boys are one of the joys of my life.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      Your OT Rant
      Spoiler:
      Some people, like me, can not have children even though we have tried and tried. For some of us the four legged babies we have are the family we so desperately want. I have spent sleepless nights with sick dogs. I have made trips to the emergency room with injured pets. I take care of them as any child I would ever have. They are my children.

I do respect your opinion, but for some of us, pets are more than animals. It is hard enough to see everyone celebrating what I so desperately want and can not seem to have. We haven't ruled out adoption yet and I still hope to have a child to raise and love. But my dogs will always be family to me.
      I love you, Pocus.
      Spoiler:
      For reasons physical and age related I will probably never have any of my own. If my dream to adopt never comes true, it's nice to know I was mama to someone, even if they are furry, feathered, scaled, or otherwise. I give my love, my heart, my smiles and my tears to them. If that's not a mother I don't know what is.
      I love you both!

Spoiler:
      I've had cats my whole life. For reasons I don't want to go in to here, I don't have children and I probably never will. I've loved every one of my cats. I've had 3 that died over the years and each time I felt like my heart got ripped out of my chest. I still miss them. They were truly special and I have no doubt they loved me. I was their momma, and when they were in pain, I was the one their eyes lit up for. I was the one they wanted to comfort them. And now I'm crying. Awesome. See y'all later.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by angstydaydreams View Post
        I love you both!

Spoiler:
        I've had cats my whole life. For reasons I don't want to go in to here, I don't have children and I probably never will. I've loved every one of my cats. I've had 3 that died over the years and each time I felt like my heart got ripped out of my chest. I still miss them. They were truly special and I have no doubt they loved me. I was their momma, and when they were in pain, I was the one their eyes lit up for. I was the one they wanted to comfort them. And now I'm crying. Awesome. See y'all later.
        (((HUGS)))

No wonder we like to whump Shep so much. We have all these mother inclinations to comfort him and make him better.
        sigpic

Comment

I love you, Pocus.
          Spoiler:
          Heres my opinion.

Continued OT

Spoiler:
          I am both unmarried (unless you count John Sheppard) *shifty* and don't have the time to have child. I am a success driven woman (comming from two generations of powerful women in the business world), even the thought of getting married is put off untill I least get halfway done with my masters degree. However if for some reason I do get pregnant and I am still not married since I am in my twenties I will have my mom help me raise it (with the exception of if the mother was raped or could die from complications of the pregnancy I am probably the only pro life feminist you will ever meet). But for now I have my dog, who with my learning disability I was able to learn how to take care of a living and breathing being untill the time comes when I can have children (one of which I plan to adopt =D). So I guess for now it's like rasing a child....however I am not a die hard. I don't dress up my puppy I did try to put her in a sweater to keep her warm for the winter but she bit it off....never did that again.
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

((hugs)) all!

I'm glad you're able to love and nurture your companions. I'm sure they're all well cared for and happy.

sigpic

Comment

=D Now back to shep Whump:

BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Does a mother to a Pug, count me as being a Mommy? Happy Mother's day.
                  Your OT Rant
                  Spoiler:
                  Some people, like me, can not have children even though we have tried and tried. For some of us the four legged babies we have are the family we so desperately want. I have spent sleepless nights with sick dogs. I have made trips to the emergency room with injured pets. I take care of them as any child I would ever have. They are my children.

I do respect your opinion, but for some of us, pets are more than animals. It is hard enough to see everyone celebrating what I so desperately want and can not seem to have. We haven't ruled out adoption yet and I still hope to have a child to raise and love. But my dogs will always be family to me.
                  I love you, Pocus.
                  Spoiler:
                  I love you both!

Spoiler:
                  **hugs you all** Happy Mother's Day whether your babies have 2 or 4 legs!
                  sigpic

Comment

I love you all!!!{{{hugs}}}
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Mothers' Day to all!
                      Spoiler:
                      Whether we are mothers of humans or the humans "owned" by pets, aunties, sisters who help take care of siblings, we are all women who nurtue and love. I, for one, believe that Mothers' Day includes us all.

I never had children and now never will. However, I have helped care for siblings, nieces, a nephew, friends, dogs, cats and other pets over the years. Anyone with a maternal instinct and acts on it acts as a mother. It's part of who we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Whether we are mothers of humans or the humans "owned" by pets, aunties, sisters who help take care of siblings, we are all women who nurtue and love. I, for one, believe that Mothers' Day includes us all.

I never had children and now never will. However, I have helped care for siblings, nieces, a nephew, friends, dogs, cats and other pets over the years. Anyone with a maternal instinct and acts on it acts as a mother. It's part of who we are.
                        Well said Lorr!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I love you both!

Spoiler:
                          I love everybody! Now you guys got me all teary eyed.

(((HUGS)))

No wonder we like to whump Shep so much. We have all these mother inclinations to comfort him and make him better.
                          No kidding. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Would also explain the protectiveness and aggression at wanting to smack the daylights out of whoever it was who whumped him. Or maybe that's just me.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                          **hugs you all** Happy Mother's Day whether your babies have 2 or 4 legs!
                          Thank you, dear, and the same to everyone.
                          Spoiler:
                          Having lost my mom when I was 22 and not having any human ones of my own I get a little touchy/emotional around this time. Not exactly my favorite holiday.

And...Lovely description, Lorr.

Ok, enough. Let's see some blood.
                          sigpic

Comment

Love you ...
                            Big hugs to all you whumpers!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                              Spoiler:

Well said well said =D

Ok, enough. Let's see some blood.
                              No BLOOD WE NEED THE WHITE GAG!!!!!! Then this day will be epic.

*gagged Shep Clone Consort mumbles something*

QUIET YOU!

I love this thread
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

No BLOOD WE NEED THE WHITE GAG!!!!!! Then this day will be epic.
                                Can't we have both?

*gagged Shep Clone Consort mumbles something*

QUIET YOU!

I love this thread
                                Me too. I still can't believe my incredible find last night. I have my very own White Gag consort now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X