No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Yeah, I know, I'm late.

((HUGS)) to those whumpers feelng New Years pain - migraines, upset tummies...noisy neighbors and celebrants...

Interesting news about the fandy books. I'm actually looking forward to them. Maybe we'll see some emo whump for our boy. I doubt they'll be out late 2010 though. With Fandy, they seemd to have tanked lately in the publishing dept.

As for the SGA movie - I've never held my breath we'd actually get one. The way I look at it, SGA has been shafted for quite some time and even more so when the crap SGU started taking center stage.
    sigpic

Comment

Lazy Saturday morning... am not looking forward to Monday.

Great sleuthing lanaganp and lythisrose. So bizarre that there is no mention of JF whatsoever in that article.

Thanks for the Legacy book news Cazz.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      Giving reign to my cynicism here, I'm guessing that MGM approving a series of books that pick up from the end of Season 5 means that they don't see the movie happening.
      Part of me is cynical right alongside you Ali. There is also the possibility that the book deal was made a while ago as part of a larger overall agreement. Again... optimist.

The MGM situation is still in limbo. Found this article from 12/21 that says that the company has been given an extension until January 31st to "explore various strategic alternatives". I wouldn't give up hope entirely on the movie until the future of MGM is settled.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/ex...-a-standstill/

Another article from 12/28

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...query=mgm+sale
      sigpic

Comment

Maggs,

Congrats on hitting 800 posts!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
          Maggs,

Congrats on hitting 800 posts!!
          Took a break and came back to this. Have been happily posting and didn't even notice that I hit 800. Thanks RR!
          sigpic

Comment

Morning Whumpers!

Here's a Whumpy dream I had last night:
            Spoiler:
            it seems our Elizabeth isn't dead after all. She's a vampire.......and she's back in Atlantis for her soul mate. She's decided she wants.......SHEP. She is trying to talk him into letting her "turn" him so they can be young and beautiful together forever. At first, Shep is resisting like nobody's business......but then he decides he wants her to do it. I woke up then. Dagnabit!

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year all. I hope those of you that have been feeling poorly are doing better today! I've got to go to my aunts house today and hook up her new tv and move furniture. The good part is, I get to take any of the bits of furniture she's replacing.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              Thanks for that!
              (found link to article: http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...34/-1/NEWS0940)
              Oh cool. The article says it's for the big screen. If that's true, that would explain why Joe would take it and not be one of the main characters. After all, it's better to in a movie if you want to get your foot in the door to do movies.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                Morning Whumpers!

Spoiler:
                it seems our Elizabeth isn't dead after all. She's a vampire.......and she's back in Atlantis for her soul mate. She's decided she wants.......SHEP. She is trying to talk him into letting her "turn" him so they can be young and beautiful together forever. At first, Shep is resisting like nobody's business......but then he decides he wants her to do it. I woke up then. Dagnabit!

IHS
                Don't you just hate it when you wake up when you're having a cool dream?!

Cool concept - I haven't seen that in a fic, maybe you should write it up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by syble View Post

Oh cool. The article says it's for the big screen. If that's true, that would explain why Joe would take it and not be one of the main characters. After all, it's better to in a movie if you want to get your foot in the door to do movies.
                  I can see that, plus I'm guessing the Western movie genre was something that appealed to JF and he might have just wanted to do something acting-wise.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                    Happy New Year whumpers!!!

I've already whumped myself good and proper.. OT
                    Spoiler:
                    Didn't make it through New Year's Eve even, because I had a huge migraine and went to bed early Of course this is the year when there was more fireworks than ever and I literally almost went mad because of all the constent banging and flashing in my room for a continuous 45 mins Wish I was overreacting, but I'm not..

Then I woke up with the flu yesterday.. And I should be leaving for London tomorrow!!! Felt crap all day, also because I worried whether or not I could make it to London this way. And to top it all up, David left.. spoilers Doctor Who
                    Spoiler:
                    me crying like a baby all the way through the ep. My gosh

And then those final words.. Perfect indeed, but that made me feel even worse *starts sobbing again*
                    Let's see how I'm doing today as I only just got up.
                    That truly chomps *hugs*
                    Hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
                    http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab177/lana095/bilde3.jpg

Jacqui Squatriglia, executive producer for the movie 'Good Day for It', on the set at Memorytown Tavern in Swiftwater on Tuesday. On the right is actress Samantha Mathis. The Poconos was chosen as the filming place after a local actor convinced the producer and director to check out the area. The film is set to be released in the summer.David Kidwell/Pocono Record
                    Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    Thanks for that!
                    (found link to article: http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...34/-1/NEWS0940)
                    kind of disappointed that every article kind of fails to name a certain someone though

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                    Thanks for the link. So according to the article the movie will be released onto the big screen this coming summer. That's great if it's true but somehow I doubt it will find its way here to Germany, so I'll probably have to be content until the DVD release.
                    If it even makes it to that one. I´m STILL desperately trying to find a copy of Joe´s "Silent Men" . A movie from 2005 (?) that was supposedly out on DVD. No luck If anyone knows where to look, please tell me!!

Originally posted by maggs View Post
                    Took a break and came back to this. Have been happily posting and didn't even notice that I hit 800. Thanks RR!
                    Congrats maggs!! You´re heading towards a Sheppy sandwich!!
                    Last edited by SheppAddictedFangirl; 02 January 2010, 01:56 PM. Reason: can´t spell a movie title ...

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

SAF who else is in it found one for Silent Man with a William S hart? is that it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Many, many thanks lanaganp, Lythisrose, Cazz and maggs for the links, pics, etc. I wonder if it will be a limited release? Well, at least there is some news about it. I can see Joe taking a smaller part for a big screen moive. Like it was said, it may provide a foot in the door for something else!

Oh! With a summer release, we'll be able to ask Joe lots of questions at Van Con! SQUEE!

San, I hope you're feeling better. That truly chomps having a migraine the very night the fireworks were on. And, to get the flu on top of it! (((HUGS)))

I don't even want to think about the SGA movie right now. Grrrr What I want to know is how MGM can be doing so badly when movies have done a 10.1 billion dollar business in 2009! It's a record, for crying out loud.

The books sound interesting. We'll see how well they do.

Congrats on 800, maggs!!!

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                        Morning Whumpers!

Spoiler:

IHS
                        Wow! Go back and finish it tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                          Congrats maggs!! You´re heading towards a Sheppy sandwich!!
                          Color me... intrigued!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                            If it even makes it to that one. I´m STILL desperately trying to find a copy of Joe´s "Silent Man" . A movie from 2005 (?) that was supposedly out on DVD. No luck If anyone knows where to look, please tell me!!
                            Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
                            SAF who else is in it found one for Silent Man with a William S hart? is that it?
                            Silent Man is an old silent movie directed by and starring William S. Hart.

Hit a dead end with Silent Men which is the movie that you are thinking of.

I found this review

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...id=31&cs=1&p=0

Not a good review but JF is not mentioned.

The website listed for the movie is way out of date. It gives a link to purchase the movie on DVD but it is clearly not available. I'm guessing it was screened in Canada at the World Film Press (that is where the Variety reviewer saw it) and based on the reaction it never went anywhere else.

Morjana's page featured a link and a photo back in 2007. Trail kind of dries up after that.

http://morjana-subductionleadstoorog...ns-silent.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              Jo Graham has posted some new info about the Legacy book series:
                              Spoiler:

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/314...343804#t343804
                              that's intriguing.. thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                              Thanks for the link Cazz!

Umm...that's going to badly contradict JM's script if the movie ever gets made. I asked him about it some time back but he didn't answer.

I don't know why but I kind of presumed that the book series would have Atlantis back in Pegasus right from the beginning but it looks like Homecoming will be partly set on Earth. I'm not betting on the series being out this year because Fandy aren't exactly good at keeping to schedule. Dead End was supposed to come out in November but there's still no sign of it.
                              Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Giving reign to my cynicism here, I'm guessing that MGM approving a series of books that pick up from the end of Season 5 means that they don't see the movie happening.
                              these are my sentiments as well... unless the books are designed to go a different direction and to be almost an AU or a different branch of the series.

but from the first when I heard about this series, I felt we were losing the chance of the movie...

Maggs, you make a lot of sense, I just feel like this is being done because the movie won't be. I hope I'm wrong.

and congrats on 800
                              sigpic
                              My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

*sigh* Too darned cold out to do anything. THose wonderful skiis I got are just wasting away!

Hubby got the chili made today. Enough to serve nearly 40 people good and proper too. I didn't ahve to help a bit! SQUEE!

Hmm...gonna see if Atlantis is on tonight. Sometimes they show it Saturday evenings sometimes not. I hate crap shoots like that. But at least it's Atlantis.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X